|Item Weight||8.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.88 x 3.13 x 1.13 inches|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Item model number||TX500U-A04|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Average Battery Life||8760 Hours|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $6.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Lux Thermostat Program 5-2 day with selectable smart recovery, universal compatability
Enhance your purchase
|Brand||Thermostat Program 5-2 day with selectable smart recovery, universal compatibility|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4.88 x 3.13 x 1.13 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Great for heating and cooling systems including single and multi-stage heat pumps
- Universal compatibility for all system types except electric baseboard heat
- Exclusive Lux speed slide for easy programming
- Separate weekday and weekend programs with 2 or 4 periods per day
- Large lighted one touch display
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Universal compatibility for conventional heat and A/C
- Universal compatibility for heat pumps with up to 2-stage heat/1 stage cool
- 2 and 3-wire hydronic systems
- Gas Millivolt heaters
Not Compatible with:
120V/240/v line voltage systems ( without transformer).
- Easy Installation
- Program 5/2-day or non-programmable
- Easy-view back light
- User option: 2 or 4 periods per day
- Keypad lock for unauthorized use
- Temporary override and manual hold
- Temporary compressor protection bypass
- Display option: Fahrenheit or Celsius temperature
- Adjustable heating and cooling limits
- Selectable smart recovery
- AM/PM clock or military time option
- Adjustable temperature differential/swing
- User temperature calibration
- Uses dual powered 2AA Alkaline batteries
Programmable / Non Programmable Thermostat
The Thermostats that give you flexibility and the capability to maximize your comfort and energy savings by inputting multiple settings per day.
Lux line of thermostats delivers Up to 99.6% reliability rating and a full range of programmable stats for all your job and end user needs.
From basic programmable features, our product delivers value, depth and savings. Programmable Thermostats are programmed for the way you live.
Compare with similar items
| || |
Lux Products TX9600TS Programmable Large Touchscreen Heating Cooling Thermostat, White
LuxPRO FBA_PSP511LC Thermostat Separate Program for Heating and Cooling
Honeywell Home RTH6360D1002 Programmable Thermostat, 5-2 Schedule , White
Honeywell Home 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Quick Sales MP||Amazon.com|
|Are batteries required?||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Item Dimensions||4.88 x 3.13 x 1.13 inches||5.38 x 1.13 x 3.38 inches||5 x 3.25 x 1.5 inches||5.5 x 1 x 3.5 inches||3.5 x 1 x 4.75 inches|
About the LUX TX500U Thermostat, 5-2 Day Digital Programmable Universal Smart Temp Are you looking for a simple way to save energy in your home? Now you can live a greener lifestyle by upgrading to the LUX TX500U Thermostat, 5-2 Day Digital Programmable Universal Smart Temp. This programmable thermostat is not only energy-efficient, but it is also extremely cost-effective and attractive, blending in seamlessly with the rest of your home. The LUX TX500U makes it easy to give you the warmth you want, whenever you want it, whether it is as you’re waking up in the morning or heading to bed at night. Don’t worry about this being a complicated device to operate—the large, lighted one-touch display on the device makes using the LUX TX500U a breeze! It is also extremely easy to install, making it the perfect choice for users everywhere. Need additional reasons to trust the LUX brand? The company has been manufacturing outstanding products for nearly a century, and the device comes with a three year limited from the manufacturer. This thermostat is not for use on electric baseboard heat (120\240 volt) and systems with 2-cooling stages
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Had this one a few years, but contacted LUX anyway and they replaced it for free and provided a return shipping label for the old one. Great customer service, actually! Two years later, the replacement is now doing same thing. Will contact LUX again and see if they will consider an upgrade to one of their PRO models. Am willing to pay for the difference if reasonable. Of course, if they replace it with same one again, might just go with it.
Bottom line-- it works like it's supposed to up to the incorrigible LO batt point which might be only a couple of years.
UPDATE October 2108: Lux Thermostat hardware reset.
Have increased rating from 2 to 4 stars. I didn't assign 5 because it took 2 thermostats and 2 calls to product support over 3 years to learn of this procedure. Product support was very eager to help and this particular tech "Mike" knew exactly what to do.
As with many battery operated digital devices nowadays, when batteries are changed, sometimes a hardware reset is required to get the device going again. Digital watches, clocks and weather instrumentation come to mind. LUX provides a hardware reset feature in this model, but how to perform it isn't readily available to the buyer. When my first LUX was replaced for the Lo Battery condition 1 1/2 years ago, there was no mention of this procedure and LUX provided a free replacement in 2 business days. This reset procedure is also not shown in the user manual. A call to LUX product support resolved the issue and my ailing LUX TX500U is restored to full operation.
Perform if installation of known fresh batteries does not resolve the flashing Lo Bat condition. You might want to read through the procedure before starting. To perform the Hardware Reset, proceed as follows:
1. Remove thermostat from its wall unit as if you were changing batteries and install fresh batteries. (I have not tried this with rechargeables so, ensure the batteries are of the 1.5 volt alkaline variety or equivalent as newer 1.5 volt battery chemistries might be available. You might try with rechargeables, but might have to perform the procedure at more frequent intervals throughout any given season.)
2. Make sure the switch positions on the thermostat are in the following positions:
--Temp Slider: OFF
--Set Slider: Air Filter
--FAN slider: can be in AUTO or ON, doesn't really matter
3. Hold the thermostat in each hand so that the UP/DOWN buttons on the front can be depressed with each thumb. No need to press just yet.
4. While holding the thermostat in this manner, rotate it slightly toward you to locate the HW RST button on the back in about the center of the circuit board. You are now ready to RESET!!
5. Simultaneously PRESS & HOLD the UP/DOWN buttons on the front and while continuing to hold, then press and release the HW RST button on the circuit board. Continue holding the UP/DOWN buttons on the FRONT until 00 appears on the display.
6. When 00 appears, you may RELEASE the UP/DOWN buttons, then press & release the HW RST one more time.
7. If performed correctly, Days, Filter and 90 should now appear on the display. If you do not get this result, repeat 1 through 6 ensuring slider switches are in the correct positions and the reset sequence is correctly followed.
8. If #7 is successful, slide the Set Slider to RUN. The display should now show current ambient temperature, flashing display for programming time and temperature settings and the maximum number of bars for a full battery. If using rechargeables such as NiMH rechargeables, you might observe fewer bars for a full battery.
9. Hardware reset is complete and you can now reattach to wall unit and proceed with programming IAW the user guide.
I was feeling pretty good about this, but I thought that I would call tech support just to see their response. It gets even better.
It seems there is a fix for this condition. After following the tech's instructions and removing the error I made a text file so I wouldn't forget how to fix it if the error occurred again. Here it is:
LUX TX500U Battery LO error RESET
Remove thermostat from wall.
On left side, turn temperature to OFF.
Hold UP and DOWN buttons simultaneously.
While holding buttons, press RESET button on back of thermostat.
Display should show 00
Press RESET button on back of thermostat again.
Battery LO error should be gone and full battery charge shown with good batteries.
Thermostat will need to be reprogrammed as prior settings have been lost and reset to default.
Sometimes you get lucky.
Just tried one of the Lo battery fixes posted by other Amazon Customer - and it worked.
(1) Remove the battery (2) Hold reset button on back of Unit and hold for 10 seconds (3) Wait 5 minutes - put in a new batteries.
I just did this and it worked. Unit reset with full battery indicated - just like new.
Just cancelled the new one I ordered from Amazon 30 min. ago.
Maybe this information will help someone like it helped me.