Customer Reviews: Luxury Spa Robe - Microfiber with Cotton Terry Lining, Aqua, Medium
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon

Size: Medium|Color: Aqua|Change

on December 2, 2008
My boyfriend and I ordered 2 of these robes. Not wanting to look like "twinkies", he got the sandstone and I got the seashell. His is an excellent color - very manly and won't show much dirt. Mine is a bit lighter in color than expected, but is more feminine than his and the neutral color will be easier to keep clean than bright white. The robes are very well made, true to size and soft. The interior pocket is a nice bonus. Downside: We were looking for warm winter robes to wear around the house as well as to/from our outside spa. These robes are not very warm. The white 80/20 terry blend lining is thin and in my opinion would be much warmer as well as more absorbent & "plush" if thicker, 100% cotton terry was used instead. All that being said... they arrived on time, are stylishly pleasing and are good spring, summer & early fall robes. If you are looking for a super warm winter robe I'd keep shopping.
on February 21, 2007
Our family was taking an extended vacation and I wanted to surprise my wife with a travel robe - not too light nor flimsy, but not too bulky either since our bags were already full, and after the vacation, we'd be returning to our home in the South. I shopped around locally in the Houston area dept stores and was surprised that I couldn't find a decent quality robe. They were all cheap and poor quality. "Needlessly Marked-up" had a great quality robe, but the price was in the hundreds of dollars range. I then looked online, and was really tempted to buy a generic robe in the ~$65 price range, but I became leery when I found too many negative reviews complaining about the poor fabric quality.

Hence I decided to spring for the Luxury Spa Robe. You should note that the exterior is smooth (microfiber) and the interior is the cotton terry.

My wife was really pleased with its look and quality and continues to use it regularly. I also bought some matching slippers, she likes those, too.

The delivery was lightning fast; I received it only 3 days after placing the order.
on April 12, 2008
I usually stink at buying gifts, this year was my second year anniversary the gift for 2nd year is cotton and I noticed my wife has been wearing my old terry cloth robe so I bought her the luxury spa robe. she loves it! says its so soft and well made and fits her, she looks cute in it too. I did good she really likes it
on April 15, 2006
I love this robe! I received this as a gift and it's my absolute favorite one, it is super soft and way better than the ones they sell at spas for double the money! Would definitely recommend this robe as a perfect gift!
on March 19, 2013
After trying and returning a number of other robes, I found one I love.

Fleece robes don't breathe, and end up making me sweat and swelter, sometimes even when the house is chilly ...not to mention building up a formidable static charge that nearly electrocutes me when I eventually touch metal! Terry robes generally look ratty after a few washings, and certainly nothing about either a fleece robe or most terry robes looks handsome or tailored, as this one does. While I have not washed this one yet, I hope that it holds up well and comes out looking as nice as it does presently.

The terry cloth lining is soft, comfortable, absorbent, and cool against the skin, and the outer microfiber shell is lightweight, soft, nice-looking, and just the greyish color I was looking for. The weight is ideal, and I find myself comfortable in it no matter what the temperature in the house. The sleeves, remarkably, are the perfect length, not getting wet at the sink while I shave or wash my face, and not requiring me to constantly roll them up or pull them back, which grows tiresome. I am average height (5'9") and believe my arms are of normal length, but I have rarely found robe sleeves of the ideal length, as these are. The white piping adds a great, tailored appearance to the robe, too. This is the ideal robe (to me), and I recommend it enthusiastically!

UPDATE: The robe came through the washer/dryer looking good as new!
on November 22, 2013
I ordered the Luxe Spa Robe and matching Luxe Spa Slippers for my birthday and upcoming motherhood. I absolutely love the set! For the robe, I give it 5 stars. For the slippers, I have to take away 1 star for reasons outlined below. I ordered the robe/slipper set in Pink. For pink aficionados, the hue actually borders on peach/pink.

Review for Robe:
1. Comfortable material. Both the microfiber outer shell and the terry inside lining are super soft.

2. Functional design. There's a terry loop inside near the neck for hanging the robe on a hook. There is a hidden inside pocket on the right side of the chest in the interior terry. There are two large outside pockets in the microfiber, offering ample room to store tissues, pacifiers, burp cloths, etc. There are 3 belt loops, one large one in the back and two on each side. The side ones are double belt loops, allowing adjustment to a lower or higher height. The sleeves are kimono style, offering ample room to wear velour or a fluffy sweatshirt underneath for extra warmth without feeling bulky or tight.

3. Chic yet casual styling. The tailoring provides attention to detail. The collar edge, belt edge, and fold-over sleeves are trimmed with satin cord, color-matched to the interior terry lining. The fold-out collar provides nice color contrast. If you want a form-fitting robe that shows off the silhouette, this is not the robe for you. The material is not thick or bulky and offers some warmth. However, if you want a very cozy robe that offers a lot of warmth, this is not the robe to select. The length of the robe is very reasonable. This is a long-length robe that hits about lower mid-shin for me, long enough to keep most of the legs warm.

4. Great spectrum of sizing. I like how the robes are offered in 7 different adult sizes for a better fit. I am 5'1" and currently with a huge 8-month baby bump. I ordered my robe in XS. It fits very well. I like how the double belt loops on the side allows me to adjust the belt to the higher height to wrap the belt above my bump. The robe still wraps all the way around my bump.

Tips for maintenance:
I've read reviews where people say their robe was stretched, too wrinkly, or the inner and outer shells were mismatched after washing. I've washed mine once and it still looks like new. I stuffed mine in a laundry bag, washed with cold water on the delicate cycle, and dried on low-heat setting. I didn't experience any of the problems listed above. When not in use, I have it folded on my dresser rather than hanging on a hook. Due to the length and weight of the robe, I would recommend against hanging the robe when damp or wet to avoid problems with stretching of the fabric.

Review for Slippers:
While the robes are offered in 7 different adult sizes for great fitting, I'm surprised the slippers are offered in only 2 sizes, especially when there is no distinction between men and women sizing. They appeared to be too small initially when they were brand-new. My heels were at the very edge in the back. However, after they were broken in and the front area became softer, I was able to slide my feet inside further. I wish the slippers are offered in more sizes, like XS, S, M, L, XL.

Also, while the soles are cushioned, for the price point, it would have been nice to add memory foam padding inside.
on August 26, 2007
on February 11, 2015
I have had the robe for more than a year and am very happy with it. It is soft inside and out; durable; I’ve washed it many times and it is not worse for the wear and wash. I like the deep pockets, great for holding phone, lipstick, wine glasses and even a bottle if need be. I don’t know what some reviewers are saying regarding not soft enough, difficult to get in-and-out. I don’t have any of those problems: I use it dripping wet out of the pool almost daily, no problem. It is so good, that my husband wants one too, which I am ordering right now.
on January 15, 2008
I was worried that this robe wouldn't be worth the money, but it is. It is very comfortable and is perfect after getting out of the shower. I am 5'5" medium build and large is perfect.
on July 2, 2015

If I could give it a zero I would. I read all the reviews and purchased it excitingly. Took four days to get it even though we have a prime membership. Just got the package today and could not wait to put it on. Just after opening the plastic and touching the outside I was instantly disappointed. I continued to open it laying it flat in the hopes that the inside would be soft and plush like promised, it wasn't. The inside feels like an old towel youve had for years that's so rough now you use it as a scuz towel. Even the outside "microfiber" is rough and not smooth and soft. I have a microfiber couch that's 100 times softer then this crap. I'm a 5'8 female and this thing is a trench coat on me. It touches the floor when I ware it.
review image review image