- File Size: 1265 KB
- Print Length: 307 pages
- Publisher: Escape Publishing - Harlequin Enterprises, Australia Pty Ltd (June 1, 2017)
- Publication Date: June 15, 2017
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XS9BSVF
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #853,193 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Price set by seller.
Lying In Ruins Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I've read everything by Jami Gray, and this one holds its own against those other books.
But this is a far bloodier book that what came before. And I loved it for that!! Charity and Ruin makes no apologies for who and what they are, and if killing someone as slowly as possible gets them their answers, they will do that. But they don't just dish it, they take their beatings too,and the way Gray describes it, makes you feel with every single punch thrown and delivered!
Set in a post apocalyptic world, some things remain the same, some things don't. I loved how Gray used buildings for things that was not their intended purpose, but she describes these places, you know exactly what they were.
I loved the world building, or destroying as it were. You don't get it all in one go, and for me, that's the best way to deliver information, little bits at a time.
I'm left with questions. Lots and lots of questions!! Who is behind it all? When did Ruin and Charity meet before, because that was hinted at and never explained. Is there another book?? How many books?? I want to know what's going on between Simon and Vex, because clearly there IS something.
So many questions!! But that's a good thing, a really good thing as it kept me engaged and excited and interested from from to back.
So, if you like your characters with a bit more bite, with secrets, with hidden agendas,and all those sorts of things, and your worlds a far more deadlier place, then this is for you.
I've filed it on the darker/grittier and the over 18 shelf, because of the long and detailed violence. I can't give it any other word, I'm afraid!
5 full stars
**same worded review will appear elsewhere**
She has a lot of secrets that she is not willing to share with Ruin, which makes him crazy. Watching them try to pursue their own agendas while dancing around each other was very entertaining.
I had a lot of fun reading the world that Jami Gray has built and am excited to read more in the series. This is definitely worth a read if you are looking for a great, solid post-apocalyptic!
I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Romantic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic