ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 4 Person Aluminum Pole Backpacking Tent (7-Feet 6-Inch x 8-Feet 6-Inch)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Freestanding 4-person tent with tough polyester taffeta walls
- Easy-to-assemble design with aluminum poles and secure tent clips
- Multi-pass urethane coating on fly and floor for maximum weather protection
- Half-mesh walls increase ventilation; 2 doors for easy entry and exit
- 64 square feet of sleeping space; weighs 7 pounds 9 ounces
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Lynx is one of the latest additions to the line, and like all of the ALPS tents, is again, packed with features and high quality. The Lynx, available in two sizes, is very similar to our Taurus, which is one of our best selling tents. The Lynx has more mesh than the Taurus, taking up half of the walls on each side allowing even more ventilation. The tent is an easy to set up, 2 pole rectangular dome style tent with pole clips that easily fit over the poles for quick assembly. ALPS has not cut any corners…between the factory sealed fly and floor seams, weatherproof fly buckles, 2 doors for easy entering and leaving, 2 vestibules for extra gear storage and weather protection, and extra large #8 zippers, you’re sure to find everything you could want in a tent, in this model.
Similar to the Taurus--one of ALPS' best-selling tents--the Lynx four-person tent is an ideal choice for warm evenings. The tent's body is made of lightweight but strong polyester taffeta fabrics, with a multi-pass urethane coating on the full-coverage fly and floor providing maximum weather protection. However, the Lynx offers more ventilation than the Taurus, with mesh taking up half the walls on each side. As a result, you can rest easy on muggy nights or stargaze happily on cloud-free evenings. The Lynx is also easy to assemble, with a freestanding two-pole design that includes 7000 series aluminum poles and secure pole clips. And to further protect the tent's interior from moisture, the Lynx offers factory seals on the seams and floor and weatherproof fly buckles. The design helps the tent resist rainy, windy weather conditions.
Other details include two doors for easy entry and exit during midnight bathroom trips, two vestibules for gear storage, and extra-large #8 zippers that make it a breeze to open and close the doors. Outfitted with a tent bag for transport, the Lynx also comes in a two-person version.
- Wall material: 75D, 185T polyester taffeta
- Floor material: 75D, 185T polyester taffeta, 2,000mm multi-pass urethane coating
- Fly material: 75D, 185T polyester taffeta, 1,500mm multi-pass urethane coating
- Mesh: Nylon no-see-um mesh, 40D
- Frame: 11 mm, 7,000 series aluminum
- Base size: 7 feet 6 inches by 8 feet 6 inches
- Center height: 4 feet 4 inches
- Vestibule depth: 35 inches
- Tent area: 64 square feet
- Vestibule area: 25 square feet
- Tent and fly weight: 6 pounds 12 ounces
- Total weight: 7 pounds 9 ounces
- Packed size: 8 by 22 inches
- Pole diameter: 11 mm
- Use rating: 3 season
- Included with tent: Rain fly, aluminum poles, pole bag, stake bag, aluminum stakes, guy ropes, repair swatches, gear loft, mesh storage pocket, and tent bag with drawstring
About ALPS Mountaineering
Based in rural east central Missouri, ALPS Mountaineering sells performance-oriented packs, tents, sleeping bags, furniture, and air pads. All ALPS products are "consumer designed" to encourage comfortable, enjoyable trips, and are built to withstand a lifetime of use. The company uses only quality raw materials assembled at the best factories in the world, and tests all its products with avid outdoorsmen, such as people rafting the Grand Canyon, hiking the Appalachian Trail, or day hiking their favorite local trail.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We just mostly use the vestibules to keep our shoes dry. It does that fine, but our Eureka Pinnacle does as well and has no extra vestibule zipper to cope with, just an overhang that will keep a small amount of stuff dry. When the weather was nice we pinned back the vestibules so that it was easier to get in and out of the tent. There was also the option to just have half the vestibule open, which worked really well.
If the zipper on the vestibule pulled from the top, I'd probably have given it a five star review.