- Receive a 3 month FREE trial membership with Skoove.com online piano lessons, when you buy any digital piano, keyboard, or MIDI controller, sold and shipped by Amazon.com Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "M-Audio Code 49 Black | 49-Key USB MIDI Keyboard C..." and save 53% off the $449.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
M-Audio Code 49 Black | 49-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with X/Y Touch Pad (16 Drum Pads/9 Faders/8 Encoders), VIP Software Download Included
- 49 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys with after touch and four assignable zones for splits and layering and LCD provides instant parameter feedback
- Fully assignable XY pad for HID control and a unique way for controlling multiple parameters in virtual instruments
- 16 fully assignable velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production, clip launching, and more
- 8 assignable 360 encoders for manipulating your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
- Now Includes Pro Tools | First and Eleven Lite for all new and existing customers, as well as Virtual Instrument Player (VIP)
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
A great performance requires the right tools for the job. M-Audio’s CODE 49 (Black) features an all keybed with action that is clean and precise. The natural profile keys are both velocity- and pressure-sensitive, for maximum expressive capability, guaranteeing to replicate every subtlety and nuance of your performance. In addition, the keyboards can be split into four assignable zones to maximize the flexibility and functionality of your setup (for example, trigger four different instruments in their own separate zone, or overlap zones and trigger two instruments at the same time).
ProTools | First - A complete Digital Audio Workstation based on the same tools that artists, musicians, producers, engineers, and mixers rely on every day.
Eleven Lite - Discover serene cleans to modern hi-gain aggressiveness and everywhere in between!
Ableton Live Lite - Compose, record, remix, improvise and edit your musical ideas.
Velvet - A virtual electronic piano plugin that combines five legendary electric pianos from the 60s and 70s.
Hybrid 3 - Discover the coveted warmth of analog synths with futuristic digital manipulation capabilities.
Xpand!2 - A premium multitimbral workstation offering four active sound slots, or parts, per patch.
Mini-Grand - Multiple acoustic piano sounds for a broad range of musical styles and production needs.
DB-33 - A virtual instrument that recreates the sounds and controllability of classic tonewheel organs.
Loom - The modular additive synthesiser with a unique shape-shifting Morph Pad.
Welcome to the World of VIP Music Software
Experience expanded control of your VST instrument and effect collection with CODE 49 (Black) and VIP3.1 (Free Download Included).
VIP3.1 provides you with unparalleled access to your virtual instrument and effect collection, seamlessly integrating the hardware / software experience and grants the unrestricted freedom to create in a user-friendly, intuitive format. The combination of VIP and CODE 49 (Black) maximises workflow and ensures a playing experience that feels natural and enhances creativity – the natural, tactile feel of hardware fused with the unrivalled processing capability of virtual Instruments.
Includes 2GB of In-Demand Sound Content From Touch Loops
Spark that initial idea or add the finishing touch to your latest masterpiece - whatever your production demands, Touch Loops' 2GB sample library doesn't disappoint! Based in Los Angeles and London, Touch Loops equips customers with the most cutting-edge sound elements, instruments, hardware, and software recordings, expertly curated by a team of professional music producers and sound designers. Included with CODE 49, this 500+ sound library provides everything from must-have one shot drum hits to sultry melodic loops and deep, driving bass - whatever your project demands, this expertly Curated Sample Content arms you with cutting-edge content to realize it!
5 Plugins from Plug & Mix’s V.I.P Series Plugins
Plug & Mix have teamed up with world class plug-in designers to create the ultimate V.I.P. plug in series. Creating high quality, professional sounding music has never been simpler. Simply load the plug-in and turn a dial for instant sonic satisfaction - it really is that easy!
All Plug & Mix Plug-ins have been meticulously curated to deliver any effect you need at any given time. Every type of plug-in can be found in the V.I.P. Series, including EQ’s, Dynamics, Phasers, Reverbs, and Delays. Download the Plug & Mix V.I.P. installer and give your tracks that ultimate glow.
Compare with similar items
M-Audio presents its Code Series keyboard controllers, a family of three full-featured models, combining all of the production power and performance you need to get the most from your music software and MIDI gear.
The Code Series offers several thoughtful design touches that enable you to create and perform your best. A keyboard should not be an obstacle standing in the way of creativity. Instead, it should function as a direct extension of your thoughts ensuring that you convey musical ideas with immediacy, precision and clarity.
Code controllers are equipped with everything you need to produce some serious musical creations. Extensive assignable parameter control is a breeze with multiple banks of faders, knobs, buttons, pads, and a smooth feeling pitch bend and modulation wheel on top. New to the line of M-Audio controllers is the X/Y Touchpad, which provides additional and direct interaction with effects and instrument plugin parameters across an X/Y axis.
In addition, you can split the keyboards into four assignable zones to maximize the flexibility and functionality of your setup. For instance, trigger four different instruments in their own separate zone, or overlap zones and trigger two instruments at the same time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What software titles support come included with the Code series?
A comprehensive software package is included—Ableton Live Lite, full versions of AIR Music Technology’s award winning virtual instruments Loom and Hybrid 3.0—so you have unrestricted access to the best creative tools. Ableton Live Lite delivers much of the functionality of Ableton Live—the revolutionary, multi-award winning music production solution that lets you spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. Live brings your acoustic, electronic and virtual instruments—as well as your digital audio recordings and MIDI sequences—together in a single interface with unparalleled ease of use.
What is new in the Code series keyboards?
- All Code keyboards—25, 49 and 61 key models—have an all-new keybed with action that is clean, and precise.
- New to the line of M-Audio controllers is the X/Y Touchpad, which provides additional and direct interaction with effects and instrument plugin parameters across an X/Y axis.
- Now with support for ASCII/HID keyboard shortcut commands, you can map these commonly used shortcuts right to the controller itself, streamlining your workflow for a faster, more efficient and far more satisfying creation/production process. Code also supports Mackie Control/HUI control modes, so right out of the box you are ready to work with most DAWs with minimal setup.
Does the Code series keyboard controllers require drivers?
The Code series keyboards is a class compliant MIDI device and as such can automatically be used as an instrument with any music creation software or DAW.
Can I use the Code series with external MIDI equipment?
Yes. The Code series can be used to control additional outboard MIDI gear such as Rack Synth Modules, Drum Machines etc. by using the available 5-pin MIDI Out port on the back. To send MIDI directly from the keyboard, press EDIT and press the key labeled MIDI OUT until the display reads ""Mid On"" to indicate the MID port has been activated.
How can I perform a Factory Reset?
If you need to reset the keyboard to factory settings, power off the keyboard and hold down both Pad Octave buttons (+ and -) while powering the keyboard back on. The screen will flash ""RESET"" for one second and return to normal operation.
Further Product Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.
Code 49 Technical Specs
- (49) velocity- and pressure-sensitive keys (with aftertouch). Lowest 25 keys send secondary commands in Edit Mode
- (10)-octave range available with Key Octave –/+ buttons
- (4) assignable zones
- (16) assignable velocity-sensitive pads, multicolor-backlit
- (9) 30mm assignable faders
- (4) banks accessible via right/left buttons
- (9) assignable buttons, multicolor-backlit
- (4) banks accessible via right/left buttons
- (8) assignable 360° knobs
- (4) banks accessible via right/left buttons
- (1) 55mm x 55mm touch-sensitive pad
- (2) independently assignable axes: X (horizontal), Y (vertical)
- 85mm x 25mm LCD
- (1) USB port
- (1) 1/4” TS sustain pedal/footswitch input
- (1) 1/4” TRS volume/expression pedal input
- (1) 5-pin MIDI input
- (1) 5-pin MIDI output
- (1) power adapter input(power adapter not included)
- (1) Kensington lock slot
- via USB or via power adapter (9 VDC, 1A, center-positive, not included)
Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 9” x 10.0” x 2.8”
- 9 lbs
- Code 49 Keyboard
- Quickstart Guide
- USB Cable
- User Guide (download)
- Software Download Cards
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If they make this controller in a 76 keys or 88 keys version, I will buy them for sure!!!
One thing that keeps me from giving it 5 stars is that the mod wheel is mapped to CC 0 by default ("Bank Select") and even after changing it to CC 1 ("Modulation") in the Preset Editor, the value gets reset every so often... I'm not sure what dictates it. So to be safe, every session begins with you loading the Preset Editor and fixing the mod wheel just in case. That could be a horrible dealbreaker for you, but since my keyboard, laptop, daw, etc. are basically left "on" all the time, it only comes up seldomly.
It's possible that using the hardware instead of the Preset Editor may result in more permanent settings, but it's weird to use since it uses the lower 24 keyboard keys for different functions (like d1-b1 are "0-9", c1 is "store", d0 is "chan assign", etc.). The WHITE version of the keyboard has labels above each key to let you know what the functions are, but the BLACK version is unlabeled, so you wouldn't know what to do without looking at the manual - or a picture of the white keyboard.
Works right out of the box with Ableton which has profiles for it. Has a on off switch on the back. Love it!
Mod wheels: A
Rotary encoders: B-
X-Y pad: C
1. After awhile the mod wheel would just fall. I couldn't have it anywhere but full closed, fully open, or halfway or it was just fall to fully closed or open (like rolling off a hill or something).
2. The midi signal would drop intermittently. sometimes 5 minutes into a session, sometimes 30 minutes. Literally unusable live as you'd just get a stuck key mid chord (which is terrifying btw). I paid to have it shipped back and the tech marked it as "unable to duplicate." which made no sense. I could understand the intermittent issue, maybe they plugged it in for couple minutes and didnt wait, but the mod wheel issue...that was obvious and instant. its like they didn't even try. waste of money..twice if you include the shipping cost (25 dollars). I've bought M-audio gear before and not had problems, but pray you dont run into an issue because you basically wasted your money.
The worst part is the action was great. Drum pads were responsive...still, with my issues the board is completely unusable.