Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on October 17, 2015
The hardware is outstanding, top notch entry level recording equipment.

The software it comes with is 100% garbage.

If you have windows 7 then the "Pro Tools" are completely pointless, because windows 7 installs all the drivers automatically.
AVID's Pro Tools caused my computer to crash and crash until I completely uninstalled every trace of them. it took 10 minutes to install them and 2 hours to uninstall them.

The interface actually works 4 times better without the AVID software.

90/100 for the hardware.

1.5/100 for the worthless software it comes with.
on March 7, 2015
This review is for the hardware only, I've heard enough about ProTools LE, don't even want to try it. I use it with Garage Band 10.0.3 and it works great without any fussing around. The box is plastic, but I like it for it's lightweight, portable design. It's compact and easy to use, perfect for recording with my laptop. I've used several other M audio/ Mbox products, this one works as well as the more expensive units. Can't comment on durability, I've only had it for a couple of weeks, but I like how it works so far.
on February 12, 2011
While I have only had the product a few hours, it has worked great for me on Windows 7 x64 Professional. Recording and playback through the included ProTools SE works as advertised.

*I was a little leery of the plastic construction at first, but it is very sturdy for what it is.
*All of the potentiometers have a nice, silky smooth feel.
*The preamps have strong gain, and are pretty much noise free (except for the last 10% or so).

Overall, the product is top notch for the price.
on July 14, 2011
I needed something to use with my older [2007] Mac Pro tower so I could input audio from other sources such as "shortwave radios" and Microphones. This unit works just fine.
Just plug it in to your Mac with the usb cable, no need to install the drivers and it works with my existing audio programs. The preamp knobs allow precise level adjustment. There are little lights for each channel to let you know when the levels are too high as well. I'm very happy!
on November 26, 2012
The MobilePre allowed me to set up a home studio at low cost that turns out great sound quality. I teamed it up with my MacBook, an Audio Technica AT2035 mic (great mic) and an M-Audio KeyRig49 controller board.

I am not, however, using the Pro Tools SE that came with this unit. Not sure why, but even after buying additional memory for my Mac, Pro Tools SE will not run very well on my system. I encounter almost constant errors when trying to do editing and it acts almost as if it's possessed. It may just be user error (I am fairly new to engineering) but I have found GarageBand much easier to use. The only difference I have found so far between GarageBand and Pro Tools SE is that you can do a lot more with effects in Pro Tools. Other than that, recording quality is identical.

Other than the disappointment with Pro Tools, the unit is great and I would recommend it.
on November 19, 2012
Got it out of the box, tossed aside ProTools SE software (not sure if that's any good or not) and began recording with GarageBand on my iMac. Piece of cake. GarageBand recognized it right away.

I'm not going to get into the high tech details about noise or whatever. I am recording near-professional sounding demo recordings with a decent condenser mic and Boss drum machine and all my guitars and banjos and mandolins and vocals. Great little device with phantom power. Its doing fine and even runs off of the phantom power it receives from the iMac so that was a bonus not to have another heavy power adaptor to plug in.
on January 25, 2013
I wish I could do two different reviews for this item. This interface is great! The preamps are clean and have lots of gain, you get two separate outputs, phantom power and direct monitoring options. The plastic itself feels a little cheap, but I wasn't expecting an metal case for this price. This interface was exactly what I needed and it met my expectations!

The software however... Pro Tools has really been on a downfall since 7.4 and the garbage they give you with this interface will make you cringe. The installation took so long, I actually thought my computer froze. Finally, when I was able to launch pro tools, I could not get any MIDI sound from the program, even from the demo songs. I can see the notes, and even record just fine, but when I try to play it back I get no sound at all. I do get sound from regular audio though, which is weird, and there's no support from Avid for this software. I asked around and people told me it was probably because I was running Mountain Lion instead of Lion, which is silly. After installing Pro Tools over and over I just gave up and kept recording on garageband. Pro Tools SE is actually very limited as far as what you can do, you can't even add plug-ins or virtual instruments. What a piece of garbage.

Bottom line, get the interface but skip the software. In fact, just get it used from a reseller and download the drivers from Avid. That DVD is garbage and not worth a single penny.
on May 27, 2015
I was a little nervous to buy this M-AUDIO, due to some of the bad reviews that I read about it... but when I saw it selling for $49 refurbish, that price made me decide to try it... and i must say, it was very very very easy & simple to install start working in no time... in just one day, I fall in love with it.

BY- REGGAE ARTIST DIMENTION
on January 28, 2015
Perfect
on February 15, 2015
Good tool when you travel a lot like me. Portable studio is a Plus product.