Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About M. Curtis McCoy
Curtis lost everything after being diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor but fought against all the odds to recover and return to the marketplace. He also survived Type-1 Diabetes, grand mal seizures, multiple comas, and recurring memory issues.
Despite these challenges, Curtis is helping thousands to reach their goals through mentoring, speaking, and books.
In 2015 M. Curtis McCoy launched "Success, Motivation & Inspiration" where he encourages other entrepreneurs to achieve success in their own lives. He continues to publish books on leadership, personal branding, communication, and personal branding that combine life lessons with inspiring interviews.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Have you ever noticed leaders look at life differently than the average person? Doesn't it seem like successful people know something you don't? What is the secret to success?
If you're the type of person, who knows you deserve more in life, How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader is a compilation of true stories & conversations with entrepreneurs to help you in your own journey.
Authors of many popular leadership books and books on success have been criticized because they make their money by selling books, but not necessarily because they understand how to help you become successful.
By the time he was 27 years old, M. Curtis McCoy was the owner of several companies in various industries, including medical, fashion, manufacturing, distribution, and pharmaceuticals. He had become successful at a young age. Life was great!
Everything changed when Curtis received a terminal diagnosis and was given only months to live!
M. Curtis McCoy began contacting leaders he admired and asking questions.
- A self-made millionaire shares how he went from being homeless to owning a Ferrari.
- A US Navy SEAL Team Sniper shares his morning routine and the simple steps you can take to absolutely maximize every single day.
- The founder of a mergers and acquisitions firm shares some incredible insights about truly being yourself and living in your strengths. Eric hosts "The Annual Attempt To Burn The House Down Party" every year, and it's an absolute blast. I think you'll love this chapter!
- An ex-convict shares how he went from prison to launching multiple successful companies and publishing over a dozen books.
- One man recognized that he saw his natural gifts as a curse because everything always came easy to him. Another shares how his life changed when he learned how to stop taking ownership of misfortune and become successful with the resources he already had.
- When somebody leaves a relationship, many times, they're saying, "I'm not going to put up with losing all the time." In this leadership book, the founding pastor of a thriving church shares how to create win-win scenarios in business, friendships, and personal relationships.
- Does this sound like someone you know? They're the butt of all jokes. They're disrespected continuously by their friends and significant other. It doesn't always have to be that way. Learn to "teach people how to treat you" in Chapter 18.
- "The Father of the MP3 Player" shares a unique perspective on being a comfortable minimalist after making a fortune at a young age.
Develop winning habits to set yourself up for success. Get your copy of How To Be Successful & Think Like A Leader now!
Then it all came crashing down when I found out I had terminal brain cancer. I lost everything. My businesses, my friends, and the ability to ride my new motorcycle. I ended up sleeping on a deflating air mattress in the front room of my parents’ cabin, 35 miles from the nearest stoplight and wondering what else could possibly go wrong.
Developing Success, Motivation & Inspiration describes the journey I took from that low point to running a nationwide cellular company while meeting successful people along the way. I took some calculated risks and created my own opportunities while fighting to survive cancer and maintain my status as an entrepreneur.
This short story is a precursor to Success, Motivation & Inspiration, a book I began writing in 2016. It includes interviews with successful entrepreneurs, war heroes, investors, CEOs, public speakers, and leaders as they share their personal insights and life lessons. I hope my story as a survivor inspires not only entrepreneurs but also those struggling with health issues to continue their fight.
In the fast-paced world of social media, personal connections have become harder to make. Everyone knows how to send a text message, but do you really know how to connect in a live conversation? In order to build lasting relationships, whether at home or in the office, you have to develop your interpersonal communication skills. This short book can help readers learn how to truly connect with others in a powerful and memorable way. Learn how to "be a good sport" as you share ideas with others. You'll see some unique ways to prepare a catchy introduction so you can start off conversations on the right foot. We'll also talk about properly asking follow-up questions, listening more than you speak, and how to look for cues throughout your conversation. Did you know you can defuse that high-intensity meeting without burning any bridges? Discover how to finish your interactions on a high note and the best way to follow up with new contacts. As a bonus, we also discuss how to dig a little deeper beforehand as you prepare for fulfilling conversations. Study this book and you too can Become An Excellent Conversationalist!
Nonverbal communication splits between body language and tone of voice (55% and 38%, respectively). Studies have shown we communicate only 7% of our message through the words themselves.
Learn how to communicate effectively using body language, vocal intonation, and the practice of mirroring to become a better conversationalist or communicator.
In this book, I talk about how your eyes communicate your feelings. People watch your eyes, to make sure that you're paying attention and you understand them. Learn tips on "smiling with your eyes" to establish trust with others.
The book also teaches how to respond to defensive behavior and ways to circumvent confrontation.
Learn about confident posture and how to build trust with your body language. Another great thing we will discuss is the tone of voice and the timing of your message for effective delivery.
Learn tips about how to reprimand or correct someone effectively, and how to make people want to follow you.
The focus of your speech, the tone of voice you use, and your body language all combine to get your message across. Some of these techniques will take practice over time, but with a little bit of effort, you can be a positive and powerful communicator!