Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 25, 2009, 5:43:53 AM PDT
I was hoping to get this game; yet, previous history on this franchise suggests that an M rating would be slapped on this game, lessening my chance to buy this game. What's your opinion, will this be T or M?

Posted on Aug 11, 2009, 1:23:13 PM PDT
who cares, as long as it is as good as silent hill 3... that one is the best one... hands down

Posted on Aug 17, 2009, 5:38:18 PM PDT
Amazonian says:
You know I'm just thrilled to get some more horror titles on Wii! Fingers crossed that this will be a good game.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009, 11:13:01 AM PDT
You're almost guaranteed an M rating with Silent Hill. The last entry in the franchise showed no sign of "slowing down" as far as offensive material goes. (It was the first in the franchise to make use of the f-bomb.)

This is a wii game, but I think it's intended to push the boundaries of the kind of games the Wii is capable of hosting. This will not be cleaned up for the console. Consider Madworld and Manhunt. You're not safe just because it's the Wii.

I would look at the specific reasons why the game gets its mature rating. If it doesn't have the content you most object to, I'd say go for it. The game looks really fun. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009, 1:58:40 PM PDT
gamepunk says:
Every other Silent Hill game previously has has a M rating so I expect no different here. Why would an M rating stop you from getting this? Silent Hill 1 and 2 were both the best in the series. Silent Hill 3 was good also but I feel that is where the serious started to go downhill (you couldn't explore the town as much). Silent Hill 4, Origins, and Homecoming were a big letdown for me. I guess Origins was ok but it was too short. I'm not sure about Shattered Memories. Based on Gameplay that I have seen, it seems the creators of this game just don't get it. They don't understand what made the first 2 Silent Hills so special.

Posted on Aug 30, 2009, 5:28:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2009, 5:29:43 PM PDT
Jorel says:
I'm pretty sure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbaBu7I3H1Y&feature=fvw

Posted on Aug 31, 2009, 1:05:34 PM PDT
Nothing will ever top what Silent Hill 1 was for its time. And nothing will ever top how Silent Hill 2 took things to a new level. It's like the game creators said, "Ah! THIS is what we meant!" Three was good because it tied into the first and had some good scary scenes. Four had a good story, but HUGE gameplay and level design problems. Origins was a little tedious, but maybe has the best ending in the series. And Homecoming, well--let's just say, if I had to pick a SH game up right now and start playing it, it would be Homecoming. Gameplay was better, main character was better, graphics, sound, etc. Even the story was more immediately coherent that the others. But that's my opinion.

Was I the only SH fan who like Homecoming?

Posted on Aug 31, 2009, 1:06:59 PM PDT
Then again, I like it when the creators make big changes and try new things.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2009, 12:19:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2009, 12:22:01 AM PDT
gamepunk says:
Yes you're the only one who likes Homecoming? I mean it's ok but for me it's just not the same and has nowhere near the same impact that the first 2 had. What made the first two so brillant, the most fun, and the overall best ones (despite the graphics not being as good as Homecoming) was that
1. you could explore the town and find secrets and tons of hidden items around the town.
2. It wasn't straight forward on where to go or where to travel to. (it was more open) I found myself checking the maps every minute or so.
3. They were actually scary and had masterpiece story telling.

Silent Hill Homecoming was a dissapointment to me because you couldn't really explore the town and there wasn't anything to really explore anyway. They pretty much told you where to go. Also the story was boring and the battlesystem just wasn't fun for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009, 3:11:07 PM PDT
Sloopydrew says:
It it's not M, I wouldn't buy it. This is a Mature series. The games have all been rated M and have all earned that rating. If this is T it will be watered down garbage. Just looked it up, it's rated M. You had me scared there for a minute.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2009, 11:26:00 PM PST
Dragon says:
i liked homecoming too, although the 3rd one was creepier

Posted on Nov 25, 2009, 8:16:49 AM PST
An "M" rating is already a given.

http://www.silenthillresorts.com/news/silent-hill/version1/shattered-memories-comic-book-advert-907

http://www.silenthillresorts.com/news/silent-hill/version1/silent-hill-shattered-memories-presale-boxes-887

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2009, 1:31:00 PM PST
That was really helpful thanks!
I agree with you guys, no need to wimp out w/ a T rating.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jul 25, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about