Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About M. Lorrox
I’m an emerging American author. My story is like any good novel; it’s full of mystery, suspense, drama, and comedy. Hopefully my story turns into a fine wine—instead of a stinky cheese. In any case, while I’m writing that book (as slowly as possible), here are some highlights so far:
• I was raised in a barn in rural, upstate New York. It was cold. We had a wood-burning furnace that never worked well. I gained an early appreciation for sweaters.
• In junior high, I tried…and failed, to publish a book about dragon science. I still have the manuscript, and I’ll publish it someday.
• In college, I made up some BS, then earned a MFA in story-telling. I learned Northern Shaolin Kung Fu and taught it for a while.
• After college, I discovered I had problems with authority… And conformity… And bigotry… And misogyny… And etc., etc., etc. I tried to make small changes while still fitting in, then I gave up on fitting in altogether, and I started flipping tables like no tomorrow.
• I bought a motorcycle and crashed it. Then I fixed it and kept riding. Hey, want to harden your nerves? Spend a couple years riding 25 miles a day, rain or shine, on Route 66 and the 495 Beltway of DC in rush hour. You’ll either be dead or a badass.
• After gaining badass status, I wanted to postpone putting that last update on a gravestone, so I decided to move out of the busy DC area. Instead of renewing the lease on my apartment, I signed up for an awesome gym membership, moved my stuff into storage, and squatted in a DC warehouse for a few months. I worked out and showered daily at the gym, which required me to carry various bags around. Homeless people on my routes thought I was also homeless, and they would offer me advice. I always thanked them.
• After six months of shenanigans, I decided to push my luck in DC, and I signed a lease for an affordable apartment on the top floor of a building. The roof collapsed on me on Valentine’s Day. I took a selfie with the rubble on my head; I was pissed.
• I now live in Durham, North Carolina in a nice, warm house with a good roof. My local gym isn’t fancy, but it does the job. I enjoy riding my motorcycle to local coffee shops, very safely. Most importantly, I continue flipping tables like no tomorrow.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By M. Lorrox
Eddy, a teenage vampire, thinks that his life is hard. Dealing with high school, girls, and that whole “daylight cooks your ass” issue, asks a lot of him... Believe it or not, when the zombie apocalypse comes to town, things get worse. He wants to help his friends, but they don’t know his secret—his whole family’s secret. He can’t tell anyone, but with his enhanced abilities, he'd be an ace in the hole.
His aspirations for life are much higher than merely surviving high school, but those goals might need to take a back seat. His dream to one day become a Knight of the Order is lofty, but it's achievable—if only his renowned parents would cooperate.
This weekend, he makes a decision, and while everything in his world changes, he sets his family on a path to change the entire world.
BLOOD 4 LIFE is the awesome first installment in the INFINITE VAMPIRE series of paranormal action & adventure novels that follow a family during an epic, seat-of-your-pants story over 500,000 words long. BLOOD 4 LIFE is a smart, dystopian alternate history, dark comedy, coming of age, vampires living in secret vs. grotesque zombies, adventure story, with kickass men and women, boys and girls, best friends, worst nightmares, legendary heroes, ancient weapons, a pet dog, and a stuffed unicorn.
While innocent loved ones are trapped in a nightmare, heroes will rise…and fall. The fight will take them to death’s door, but they don’t plan on knocking. These soldiers plan to kick that door down, toss in grenades, and run like hell. They better watch their step, because beneath their feet is a river of blood, spilled by the threats all around them.
And there’s one other thing—something deep inside that the brave can embrace: a ruthless determination to fight back, to live.
Infinite Vampire III: MAELSTROM picks up where QUEEN’S GAMBIT drops off and takes the story in a new direction: one that tears along like it’s being chased by a zombie…on fire.
Eddy meets his heroes—squires his age—and discovers a powerful secret. Sadie navigates the politics of the ancient House of Elders and tries not to kill anyone. Charlie tackles the demands of his new role while dealing with bureaucrats, wage-earners, family drama, and a threat so big that he must once again put his sword to use...
But something has been overlooked; two pieces on the board defy all expectations, and they completely change the game.
Infinite Vampire II: QUEEN'S GAMBIT picks up where BLOOD 4 LIFE drops off and takes the story in a new direction: it’s a pulse-pounding, gut-wrenching, suspenseful thriller.
An ancient evil rises as a modern apocalypse unfolds, and above it all, the sun sets over an ocean of pain. Yesteryear’s legends, bound in blood, again fight alongside each other. Tomorrow’s warriors on their first missions form lifelong bonds by bleeding together— bonds that they hope last more than the day.
But while much is uncertain, the true meaning of one thing is made apparent: Life in the blood—death in the blood.
Infinite Vampire IV: ANTIVENOM picks up where MAELSTROM drops off and completes the story in the only way M. Lorrox knows: EPIC’LY.