Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > MDNA forum

MDNA Is MADONNA'S Best Album Ever (in my opinion)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 23, 2012, 5:25:50 AM PDT
Art Lover says:
I'm loving this album better than any of the previous albums, can't get enough of it...

Posted on Mar 23, 2012, 6:26:52 AM PDT
I agree!!!!! I've listened to the entire album, full on-line and its simply amazing!!!! It has bits of True Blue, Erotica, Music and Ray of Light..... I am so in love with Superstar, Gang Bang, Love Spent, Beautiful Killer, Falling Free, Girl Gone Wild.... Ok, the whole album is addictive.... Madonna, thank u!!!! Can't wait to see u in Boston!!!!

Posted on Mar 23, 2012, 8:19:58 AM PDT
P. Kim says:
This is one of her best CD in years. Glad that she is back to making great dance music again!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012, 11:46:10 AM PDT
Robbyrob says:
I haven't heard it in full yet...I'm so looking forward to Monday! I'm just happy that you and all of the other fans seem to really love MDNA. An added bonus seems to be how much the critics love it to. It should be a great tour too!

Posted on Mar 23, 2012, 12:31:34 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I think it's too early for me to say whether it's her best album ever. Time will tell. Offhand though, I'll say it's not as good as Ray of Light (my favorite Madonna album ever), but it's probably one of the top 5 Madonna albums.

Posted on Mar 23, 2012, 1:26:04 PM PDT
JRocka says:
Not sure if it's her best but it's definitely up there and her best out of anything after 2000, IMO. Also after listening to it in it's entirety I feel I understand the whole M-DNA thing. I feel like this album is definitely a little bit of everything from her... from the the early 1980's to 2012. Making up M's DNA. and I'll be in Boston too! :-P

Posted on Mar 23, 2012, 2:34:59 PM PDT
Elizabeth says:
With Love Spent Acoustic, this album just surpassed ROL for me. It is without a doubt her best work since the Like a Prayer in my opinion. To me it is more enjoyable than ROL because it has a wider variety of music. ROL was more cohesive but this album has so many "moods"...I love it.

Posted on Mar 23, 2012, 5:37:52 PM PDT
S. Morris says:
It shipped today!!! I'm so excited for Monday, I haven't listened to any of the snippets.

Posted on Mar 23, 2012, 7:25:07 PM PDT
Kenyan says:
I haven't listened to any snippets either but I really excited for this and I will be buying in on Monday!

Posted on Mar 24, 2012, 8:21:48 PM PDT
Mateo says:
Its a really came back album. I really dont like too much hard candy but this is excelente.
Best Madonna albums ever!!!!

1. Like a Prayer
2. True Blue
3. MDNA
4. Ray of Light
5. Confessions on a dance floor

Best songs of the disc

Turn up the radio / Girl gone wild / Love Spent / Falling free / IM a sinner / I Fcked up / Best friend

Posted on Mar 26, 2012, 1:04:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2012, 1:04:23 PM PDT
mr freeze says:
i haven't listened to it but i bought it today but i will listen tonight with a glass of Moscato and the Cube will give his opinion. hard for me to believe it's her best but i'm sure it's great. Excelsior!

Posted on Mar 26, 2012, 3:29:31 PM PDT
Michael says:
Love it, reminds me a little of the "Music" album moreso than any other because of the diversity and mix of dance with introspection. my faves:
1 - Music
2 - MDNA
3 - Erotica
4 - Confessions On A Dance Floor
5 - Ray of Light

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012, 10:36:04 AM PDT
ericmusicguy says:
I agree. "Music" is an absolute masterpiece. Unformulaic and unplanned brilliance in diversity and excellence.

Posted on Apr 5, 2012, 5:16:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2012, 5:18:48 PM PDT
S. Morris says:
This album is in desperate need of a track reshuffling, after which it's quite a nice listen, but definitely not her best for me:
(I have yet to listen to Erotica or anything before Like a Prayer)
1. Ray of Light
2. Confessions
3. Music(this is actually a personal favorite, I could listen to it every day, but for the sake of objectivity, I'll say it's her third best)
4. Like a Prayer
5. American Life/Bedtime Stories(I keep forgetting Human Nature is on this album...so it get's moved up to 5.)
6. MDNA(as is, without track reordering)
7. Hard Candy

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2012, 8:05:58 AM PDT
club 7 says:
s. morris:
i agree totally on the ray of light, confessions in the top 2 slot as these are absolutely her peak artstic statements but next i would place like a prayer.
these are my top 3.
i just recently bought confessions and it's mindblowing.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012, 6:39:08 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
As of right now (subject to change...MDNA is still too new):

1. Ray of Light
2. Erotica
3. Confessions on a Dance Floor
4. MDNA
5. Music
6. American Life
7. Madonna
8. Bedtime Stories
9. Like a Prayer
10. Like a Virgin
11. I'm Breathless
12. True Blue
13. Hard Candy

Posted on Apr 23, 2012, 7:26:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012, 7:32:28 AM PDT
gone says:
I had misread the topic (I am waking up in bed but still half asleep).
Edited Response:
MDNA is addicting because I cant remember buying so many diverse releases. So far I have Taiwan, Hong Kong, Deluxe, WALMART and the list stops at Japan. Ive never shopped like this so I do feel I may be addicted to this album despite my critiques on it. And I am seriously craving the Nightlife Edition with the remixes. I really NEED my fix by having that.

Posted on May 2, 2012, 11:20:12 PM PDT
i never thought i would really like this album, but i think i like it better than HARD CANDY. it has so many good tracks and i even admire the bonus tracks. my favorite tracks so far: Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Turn Up the Radio, I Don't Give A, Love Spent and Masterpiece - they are all potential singles and club remixes.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 11:39:55 PM PDT
mr freeze says:
i agree. now go to bed...it's late.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013, 1:15:57 PM PST
Michael says:
Like MDNA but it's more of a great collection of singles than a great full listen album. Love all her album tho
1) Like A Prayer
2) Erotica
3) Ray of Light
4) Confessions
5) Music
6) True Blue
7) MDNA
8) Hard Candy
9) American Life
10) Bedtime Stories
11) I'm Breathless
12) Like A Virgin
13) Madonna

Comps:
1) Something To Remember
2) Celebration
3) Immaculate Collection
4) GHV2

Posted on May 27, 2013, 12:53:33 AM PDT
Studio--
1-Music
2-Confessions on a Dance Floor
3-Bedtime Stories
4-Erotica
5-Ray of Light
6-Like a Prayer
7-MDNA
8-Madonna
9-American Life
10-True Blue
11-Hard Candy
12-Like a Virgin
13-I'm Breathless

Comps--
1-Something to Remember
2-The Immaculate Collection
3-Celebration
4-GHV2
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  MDNA forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Mar 23, 2012
Latest post:  May 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
MDNA
MDNA by Madonna (Audio CD - 2012)
3.9 out of 5 stars (477)