MANGROOMER Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver
- Shave off all your back hair effortlessly with the new mangroomer essential back shaver
- Unique patented design enables men of all sizes and shapes to easily reach all areas of your back from different angles with ease
- Sleek, lightweight, compact design goes from its discreet stored position to fully functional easily in a matter of seconds
- Extra-wide blade enables extremely close and smooth results without the potential of ingrown hairs straight edge and razor blades commonly cause
- Fully extendable and adjustable handle locks into place at various lengths to reach even the most difficult middle and lower portions of the back
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Rid yourself of unsightly, unwanted back hair without waxing, chemicals, laser, or electrolysis -- all from the comfort and privacy of your own home.|
- One time purchase with one low cost.
- Easy to use, lightweight, and do-it-yourself.
- Offers a fully extendable and adjustable handle that locks into place at various lengths to reach even the most difficult middle and lower portions of the back for men of all sizes.
- Allows you to rid yourself of unwanted back hair in the privacy of your own home -- not some fancy or overpriced salon or spa.
- Completely painless, unlike waxing, chemicals, laser, or electrolysis.
- Folds into a neat, compact size for discreet storage or travel.
- Shave your back whenever you feel you need it, and it is perfect for quick touch ups.
Before the Mangroomer, there were three hair removal options -- waxing, chemicals, and laser/electrolysis. Waxing is an effective way to remove hair, but it is incredibly painful. Waxing actually rips hairs right out of their follicles, violently removing them from your body. And since you certainly can't wax your own back, you'll need to make an appointment and pay someone to do apply the wax and rip it off your back with your hair.
Chemicals are also another viable option for hair removal, but it too comes with it's own set of cons. With chemical treatment there is a chance that skin irritation and scarring may occur, and similar to waxing, chemical treatment must be applied by someone else. Chemical treatments are also notorious for noxious fumes that make for an uncomfortable and embarrassing hair loss treatment.
The third treatment option, laser/electrolysis hair removal, is very expensive and, similar to the other treatment options, it cannot be done in the comfort and privacy of your own home. It requires multiple treatments and does not stop the growth of any new hair, plus it doesn't even guarantee that it will stop the hair growth of treated follicles. Combine these embarrassing option with expensive costs and you'll see why some many people are switching to the Mangroomer.
The Mangroomer folds out to whopping 135-degrees.
It is a breeze to reach those difficult, hairy lower-back areas.
The shaver even extends to tackle the hard-to-reach middle back.
Does shaving make your hair grow back thicker? Darker? Faster? According to a study from the Mayo Clinic the answer is no. In an article from Mayo Clinic dermatologist Lawrence Gibson, M.D. and his colleagues, the shaving myth is officially debunked: shaving hair doesn't make it grow back thicker. It also doesn't affect the color or rate of growth. The color, location, thickness and length of hair on your body mainly depends on genetics and hormones. After you shave body hair, it may feel coarse or stubbly for a time as it grows out. During this phase body hair may be more noticeable, and it may appear darker or thicker, but it's not. The Mayo Clinic article also stated that you should see your doctor if you have a sudden increase in facial or body hair.
How the Mangroomer Can Improve Your Life
- Look and Feel Clean and Manicured -- Eliminating unsightly back hair presents a more refined, clean image to others.
- Confidence -- Increase your confidence knowing that you are "back hair free" and no one will be staring or snickering at you, or get turned off by unsightly back hair.
- Romance -- Start up that spark in your relationship or marriage by surprising your partner with a smooth, sexy back.
- Muscle Definition -- Shaving the hair off your back shows your muscle definition in much greater detail. You'll simply look in better shape after using the Mangroomer.
- Sweat -- Keep your back shaved clean and help keep your back dry with less sweat and less chance for body odor.
- First Impressions -- As the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression. Don't let back hair ruin the image you are trying to project.
- Summer Essentials -- When your shirt is off this summer, no back hair is a big plus. Whether you're at the beach or a pool party, use the Mangroomer to avoid embarrassing, hairy-back jokes.
- Avoid Embarrassing Public Treatment Options -- With the Mangroomer you can shave your back privately, easily, quickly, painlessly, and inexpensively by yourself, in the comfort of your own home.
Before using this product read operating & safety precautions located inside packaging.
Top Customer Reviews
First, read the directions. The main guidance provided is to shave against the way the hair is growing - the "grain" of the hair. Most of your back hair grows down, so that means shaving "up" by extending the arm on the product and pulling it slowly up your back. However, that is not the only direction that your back hair grows. Anyone who has tried this product now knows the several directions that the long-ignored back hair can grow.
Next, don't get hung up on the red splotches that you will see (in the mirror) on your back when you first start using this. They go away real fast. Your back is just not used to coming in contact with something this sharp. And it is not dangerously sharp, just irritating sharp at first.
Further, once you get a feel for this, I recommend NOT looking into the mirror but use this like you would use a back-scrubber or loofah for washing your back -- visualize it on your back and use long "up" strokes. Doing it by "feel" will help keep the cutting edge flush against your skin to get a cleaner cut and avoid the red marks that you make when the cutting edge is slanted against your skin.
Using a hand mirror and the bathroom (or other fixed) mirror is the only way to get started. However, everything goes backwards in the 2-mirror arrangement.Read more ›
It does a good job, although it does irritate my skin. I have a hard time getting the right angle. "Works best with a 3-way mirror" -- now that's funny. Most people do not have a 3 way mirror in their house, and I am not about to go shave my back at J.C. Penny haha.
I use a handheld mirror and my bathroom mirror. It works well. Even though it irritated a lot, it didn't cut, and as I learn how to do the angles better, I will have less irritation.
I am surprised that this doesn't mention shaving the neck. I used it on my neck and it did a good job. It also did a good job on the shoulders, upper arms, and underarms.
After placing the order I regretted it -- I thought it would be $40 down the drain, but I was happily wrong -- this product is EXCELLENT.
Based on my experience, I would not recommend this product. Though I commend the innovative design, the clipper itself is too weak to cut hair. Also, it was a bit painful to my skin, perhaps that is because it was just grabbing at the hairs and not clipping them.
I will return it to Amazon and post an update as to their service. I expect a full refund, given that I tried the product and it does not work as Amazon advertised.
I commend the designers for their innovative idea, and only hope that they better design the clipper in the future. I really would like this to work realiably.
I returned my mangroomer and got a full refund from Amazon (minus shipping of course). I would recommend you try the product even if it didn't work for me, given that the most you will lose is shipping. I hope the designers come out with a new design because I will definitely try it then.
The product is light and made out of plastic but don't let that fool you. You will thank the makers if you have a lot of back hair, like me, cause it took a bit to do the whole thing. The blade is awesome and I even used it to shave my chest (also very hairy) and it did a great job!
A tip, try going back and forth with the blade instead of in just one direction (i.e. Kinda like a vacuum)
I am really pleased with this product and thank everyone here for helping me make my decision. Sometimes you order something and don't have any user opinions and it is a shot in the dark with some products!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The blades are so cheap they don't cut hair, it just gets snagged and pulls it. Somewhat painful. I can't imagine how anyone can use this thing. Read morePublished 13 hours ago by Brian Sweeny
This product is worthless. It makes a lot of noise but it doesn't trim any hair on the body. I tried the thinnest of areas and it only pulls hair. No grooming at all. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Chris
Its is useful however not as convenient as advertised. It also drains batteries quickly.Published 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is my 2nd Mangroomer. 1st lasted for years. Works very well to get rid of the unsightly forest that is my back after a long winter. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Got everywhere it needed to as long as I had a couple mirrors. 9/10 would recommend.Published 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Just to clarify - this is Margarets husband reviewing this!
As men age, it appears that the hair- growing 'mechanism' descends from the top of the head, to the upper body. Read more