|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
ASUS MB MB168B+ 15.6-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 15.6-inch Full HD portable USB-powered monitor with a single USB 3.0 cable for power and data transmission
- World’s slimmest and lightest USB monitor with a sleek and metallic finish
- Auto-rotating display bundled with the ASUS Smart Case – a two-way adjustable stand and protective sleeve
- Can connect up to five displays to one computer
- ASUS Rapid Replacement: 3 Years Warranty, 2 way free shipping
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
AOC e1659Fwu 16-Inch Ultra Slim 1366x768 Res 200 cd/m2 Brightness USB 3.0-Powered Portable LED Monitor w/Case
HP ELiteDisplay G8R65A8#ABA 14-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
GeChic 1503A 15.6" Portable Monitor with HDMI, VGA input, USB Powered, Ultralight Weight, built-in Speakers, Rear Docking
GeChic 1503H 15.6" IPS 1080p Portable Monitor with HDMI, VGA input, USB Powered, Ultralight Weight, built-in Speakers, Rear Docking
Gechic On-Lap 1503I 15.6-Inch Portable Touchscreen Monitor
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920 x 1080||1366 x 768||1600 x 900 pixels||1366x768 pixels||1920x1080 pixels||1920x1080 pixels|
|Screen Size||15.6 in||15.6 in||14 in||15.6 in||15.6 in||15.6 in|
|Item Dimensions||9.3 x 14.9 x 0.3 in||9.2 x 1.4 x 14.6 in||16.75 x 11 x 3.5 in||15 x 0.4 x 9.7 in||15 x 0.4 x 9.7 in||9.65 x 15.04 x 0.47 in|
|Item Weight||1.8 lbs||2.4 lbs||3.17 lbs||1.8 lbs||1.75 lbs||2.4 lbs|
Two Screens are Better than One
The 15.6-inch MB168B+ portable USB-powered Full HD monitor needs just one USB cable for both its video signal and power to deliver clear 1080p Full HD resolution. Thanks to the higher bandwidth of USB 3.0, experience fast, fluid images from your connected device that makes having an on-the-go multi-display setup a reality. What’s more, MB168B+ is backward compatible with a notebook or desktop PC USB 2.0 port*.
Sleek and Ultra-portable with a Zen-inspired Design
With a slim 8mm (0.3-inch) profile and tipping the scales at just 800g (1.76 pounds), MB168B+ is the world’s slimmest and lightest companion display, ideal for a simple on-the-go dual-monitor setup and mobile presentations.
Stylish and Durable Design
A durable metallic finish with a fine pattern of concentric circles makes MB168B+ the perfect complement to your notebook. And for added durability, it comes with a protective carrying case that doubles as an adjustable stand for tabletop use. MB168B+ automatically senses its orientation and switches the display between landscape and portrait based on its position; while backlight brightness is also automatically adjusted based on environmental lighting—getting brighter in the light and dimmer in the dark.
Increased Productivity with ASUS EzLink Technology
MB168B+ features ASUS EzLink technology that offloads graphics processing from the PC to dedicated hardware in the monitor. As a result, a PC can drive up to five MB168B+ monitors at the same time, regardless of its own graphics capability — it just needs sufficient USB ports. EzLink also automatically restores application window positions as MB168B+ is connected and disconnected, and automatically rotates the image between landscape and portrait modes, as required. When AI Light is on, the ambient light sensor automatically detects ambient lighting conditions, intelligently adjusting the optimal screen brightness for comfortable viewing and enhanced energy savings.
- 15.6-inch USB-powered Full HD display for 1920 by 1080 resolution through one USB 3.0 connection
- Pencil-thin, ultra-light design for effortless portability
- Included ASUS Smart Case for on-the-go protection and versatile use as a monitor stand
- Auto-rotating orientation and automatic lighting sensor for responsive, smart usage
- EzLink technology for multi-monitor setup and window control
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As of now, this has to be the best DisplayLink (that is, USB interface/CPU powered monitor) out there. No other monitor has a higher resolution (1920x1080) on a 15.6" screen. There are some that match this monitor's resolution. But those units are over 20". I don't see how anyone can realistically carry around a unit larger than 16" on a daily basis.
This is NOT an IPS display. But for my purpose: portable screen for software development and spreadsheets, it's perfect.
1366x768: 20 columns by 28 rows
1920x1080: 29 columns by 45 rows (2.3 times as many viewable cells)
If you want a portable monitor with an IPS display, for greater color accuracy, wait for the Lenovo monitor coming out early 2014. I believe that unit will be a 13.3" display with 1600x900 resolution, which starts at twice the cost of this unit. Just letting you know of other options for your consideration.
I've tested this unit on two laptops... a Acer S3 and Lenovo Yoga Pro. Both laptops provide enough power to allow for full brightness though one usb port. I've tried both USB2 and 3. Works without issue in both cases. But I have a feeling I'll be carrying around my laptop's power supply from now on.
Also tested on a Mac... works great. But you cannot adjust the brightness.
Also, for clarification, you DO NOT need to install the software that comes with this device. The display is plug-and-play on Windows. The only software you may need to install is the DisplayLink software, which is independent of ASUS or any manufacturer. If you hate bloatware like I do, just download the appropriate driver from the DisplayLink site.
You only need to install the software that came with this device if you require the auto-illuminate and auto-rotate features. If you'd rather not deal with finding the DisplayLink software yourself from the DisplayLink site, the software is available on this device's disk.
1) Best DisplayLink monitor currently on the market. I've looked around and this really hits the sweet spot in terms of resolution and size.
2) 1920 x 1080 is a big plus. Display room is the reason someone would even consider these monitors, so why not get the most resolution possible that doesn't compromise visual comfort.
3) 15.6 inch display. My personal preference is not to have a laptop or monitor larger than this size to carry around. As it is, this monitor is barely small enough to fit in my regular sized school backpack.
4) The display is sharp, contrast is good. Side-by-side with the IPS display on the Lenovo Yoga Pro... yes the Yoga's display is better. But not by much.
5) Single USB3 cable for power and connection. Works fine with USB 2 or 3 ports. No dedicated power cable required. Very nice!
6) Nice case to protect and carry the unit.
7) Did I mention this monitor is a work of art? I'm not talking about the display, when in use. I'm just commenting on how it looks when you're simply admiring the device. It's a gorgeous unit.
8) Price. 200 is VERY reasonable for this display.
1) The connection on the monitor is very delicate. I tried putting it in Portrait mode and the monitor disconnected. Not a big deal, as this will always be used in Landscape mode.
2) Cable is a bit short. This may limit you to using the Asus monitor only to the right of your laptop in some cases. Not a big deal... but a longer cable if this is going to be an issue for you.
3) Stand: As nice as the case is, it's also suppose to double as the monitor's stand. The implementation is a bit goofy. I may change my mind on this, but anything you have to prop up with the case and secure with velcro (in the front, to keep the monitor from sliding) is a questionable design decision.
UPDATE: I purchased the Anker Multi-Angle Portable Stand. Works great with this monitor. Very stable and has good range for display angle:
4) The metal back finish appears to be glued onto the unit. It was slightly popping out in the middle. I pushed it back on. It's fine. Not that big a minus.
I'll update if there's anything new to add.
So far, a job very well done, Asus!
The screen brightness isn't going to set any records, but I am typically running my tablet PC at 75% brightness to conserve battery power and the brightness of the MB168B+ is not that far off at about 75% when viewed straight on. The response rate is great for regular applications and video, and since its viewing area of the monitor is much larger than the tablet it is my primary screen when connected on the go. When I have the tablet docked, I still use the ASUS monitor alongside the desk monitors in portrait mode for reference documents and websites.
This brings us to the two problems this product has - the included USB 3.0 cable is a little too short and the convertible nylon case that doubles as a stand is a great case and terrible stand. A broken monitor waiting to happen, actually, since the device is not secured very well by the default stand. A specific feature I appreciate about the case during use is a firm liner that offers more protection over soft fabric stretch cases. To save a few words, I solved the stand and cable issues for myself with the following:
1. iRulu Black Portable Fold-Up Stand
2. CablesFrLess 3ft Micro USB 3.0 Tangle Free Flat Noodle Style Charging / Data Sync 5GBps Cable (Black)
For under $20, the two issues I found with the product were resolved. The folding stand increases the range of viewing angles and the 3ft cord allows more optimal placement of the device at home and on the road. I am using this product daily, am quite pleased with it, and am very glad I held off buying the upgraded AOC model to see what else was being released. As of early 2014, this ASUS is the market leader in resolution and portability in the 15-16" class of USB monitors. Worth a serious look for the business traveler or anyone who needs an additional monitor or two to use on the go.