|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
ASUS MB169C+ 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 IPS USB Type-C Powered Eye Care Portable Monitor
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- World’s first DisplayPort over USB-C portable monitor. MB169C+ is compatible with all DP Alternate (Alt) Mode or DisplayPort over USB-C devices without the need for additional drivers.
- Compatible with all "DP Alternate Mode" or "DisplayPort over USB-C" devices without the need for additional drivers.It needs just one USB cable for both its video signal and power to deliver up to a Full HD resolution.
- Slim and Stylish – 0.3” / 8.5 mm thick, the thinnest USB-C monitor in the world
- Light and Convenient – 1.76 pounds / 800 g weight, with single USB-C cable for power supply and video transmission , making business travel easier than ever.Blue Light Filter – blue light filter minimizes blue light to reduce eyestrain. Please refer the User Manual before use.
- Compatible devices - ASUS G752 notebook (17.3-inch),ASUS UX501VW notebook (15.6-inch),Apple MacBook (12-inch),Chromebook Pixel 2 . Compatible motherboard - ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard,ASUS Z170-Premium motherboard
There is a newer model of this item:
|Product Alert: Requires USB type-C port that has DisplayPort Alternative mode.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item ASUS MB169C+ 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 IPS USB Type-C Powered Eye Care Portable Monitor
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Beach Camera Same Day Shipping|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1366 x 768||1366x768 pixels||1366x768 pixels||3840 x 2160 pixels|
|Screen Size||15.6 in||15.6 in||16 in||15.6 in||15.6 in||27 in|
|Item Dimensions||2.3 x 17.2 x 11.7 in||2.3 x 17.2 x 11.7 in||1.4 x 9.2 x 14.6 in||10.2 x 15.2 x 0.5 in||0.4 x 15 x 9.7 in||8.1 x 24.2 x 16.7 in|
|Item Weight||1.8 lbs||1.76 lbs||2.4 lbs||2.3 lbs||1.8 lbs||13.3 lbs|
MB169C+ is the world's first USB Type-C-powered Portable monitor, featuring a 15.6" FHD IPS panel with a single USB Type-C cable for power & video. Weighing only 1.8 lbs. with a super-slim 0.3 inch profile and new ASUS Smart Case, the MB169C+ easily goes where you go, boosting productivity anywhere.
Top customer reviews
Do not believe the 'first look' reviews, which are nearly all of the articles and videos on this so far. The Asus rep at the Jan 2016 shows, must have told every person who filmed for their websites misinformation. They all mentioned that this could also work with USB 3.0 with an adapter. It will not. Asus themselves set up a Q&A page. Here is one answer.
"Q4: Is MB169C+ backward compatible with USB2.0/3.0 devices?
A: No. All current USB2.0/3.0 devices do not enable “DP Alt Mode” or “DisplayPort over USB-C” and therefore cannot connect to MB169C+"
So make sure you have a DP Alt Mode USB-C and you'll be golden, with zero drivers needed. Otherwise avoid.
After a couple days of use, I'm seeing the screen flicker if there are graphics accelerated windows being displayed. This is likely due to graphics drivers. I don't have another USB-C PC to test with. (I may head over to Best Buy and test there.)
Unlike other reviews, I think text is easy to read, this is a really nice display. Sure, if you have it next to a super bright Mac Book Pro display it may look dim, but next to my ASUS gl702vm it looks fine.
It's great quality, IPS and 1080 display and I love using it for playing tv/movies (I'm playing Hulu now on it while writing this review). My only real complaint is that it's not the brightest monitor (I've seen complaints that this is due to how the Pixel charges it, but I'm not sure). If you own the Pixel I would estimate it's max brightness to be equal to the Pixel at about 60%. It's definitely not bad, but there are situations where I wish it were brighter. The monitor is incredibly light, and the case/stand that it comes with is fairly intuitive and definitely makes the monitor feel secure. It also seems to drain the battery life very little - I've been getting 7-8 solid hours with it plugged in easily, and I'm a reasonably heavy user. I would estimate I get 8-9 without it plugged in.
Most recent customer reviews
I am using a newer kernel, 4.Read more
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.