Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

70%
30%
Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on July 2, 2007
I really believe this record is an extraordinary achievement in Cape verdean music. If Lura's first major label international release, "With heart and soul", reflected her roots in the new Batuku style under the influence of the now legendary Orlando Pantera (she covered 4 Pantera songs on that record), here she spreads her wings further, in true Krioulu style, assimilating what she finds best in a broad variety of styles, both indigenous to the islands and from abroad. The result is spectacular, and much broader and deeper than her previous work. Her voice is getting much better with age (for an interesting view of how her voice has improved over the years, check out her vocals on Bonga's record, Mulemba Xangola). And as Lura is surrounding herself with a very talented and diverse set of musicians whose work on this record is very good. Most notably, Lura's keyboardist, Toy Vieira, really comes into his own as a songwriter on this record. He clearly has a great talent for songwriting and the Toy Vieira/Lura collaboration promises to be a very fruitful one. This record establishes Lura as the most interesting and innovative artist recording in Krioulu today. I look forward to giving 5 stars to her next release because it will undoubtedly be even better.
on June 2, 2012
I found a song that is worth repeating again and again: Track #5. Listen to it!!! It translates "The Rainy Season." Lura's vocals have an easiness that touches me, although I can't say the entire album suits my tastes. I found myself disappointed that there weren't more moody songs or songs with that touch of ennui that I am so drawn to. But if you want something Afro-Brazilian fusion and joyful, this will please you. Lura's voice is golden.
on January 15, 2011
I truly enjoy Lura's voice. I usually play her CDs while I'm writing. She has an excellent range. I don't understand a word she's saying, but I love the music and her singing. I purchased 2 of her CDs for myself two years ago. I purchased her CDs as Christmas gifts for friends too.
on June 25, 2014
Definitely unique and entertaining. A wonderful album from start to finish. Thank you Lura.
on May 14, 2007
I was lucky enough to see Lura live here in Washington, D.C. a couple of years ago and became an instant fan.

This album was well worth the wait and I'm happy to see that she's getting support from her record company.
on March 19, 2009
Excellent!!! GREAT music, great voice. It doesn't matter what mood you're in....it will put you in a good one.