Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on January 12, 2004
I am surprised by the reviews for this book. The other MCAD 70-320 study guide by Kalani had overwhelmingly good reviews so I bought that initially instead of this one. True, Kalani's book was more verbose but that is where it bogged down. Everything had an exercise and trying to review a layout of features is difficult. The other book would be good for someone who was starting from scratch and did not know the subject material at all.
Okay, enough about the other book. Like other MS Press MCAD study books, this one is almost in elaborated outline. But surprisingly that fits my study habits. I learn the material from practice either from daily job work, MSDN walkthroughs or other books. When I am ready for studying for the test, I use this book and then if I don't understand something I use MSDN or the other books to reinforce the material. The thing I like about this book is that it has a brief review synopsis all in one place. Is it the end all and be all (silver bullet) for studying for the test? No, you still have to know your material. I also use MeasureUp.com to evaluate myself over the last six weeks before the test, then use their MSDN references and this book to reinforce things I've missed. It has worked for the other two MCAD tests!
on December 22, 2014
What I needed at the time! Helpful!
on April 12, 2005
It is at a very basic level. It can be useful for starting in XML webservices, but not enough for the exam.

Some information is outdated.

It has errors. So does the practice test.

Doesn't cover at least one topic which is in the practice test.

The practice test doesn't tell you what is considered the correct answer.

If you find this book useful, you're not yet prepared for the exam.
on February 4, 2006
I was reading it as first book for most of the topics, It was total waste of time to read it.

Might help if you are already well expreinced with .NET but not for beginner