Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MCS 12550 Format Frame, 12 by 12-Inch, Black
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 14, 2013
Bought a handful of these for Christmas to give collectable vinyls away as gifts, framed. Was bummed out to rec'v product only to find it does NOT fit a 12" vinyl record in a standard cardboard sleeve.

The record by itself will fit, or with the liner inside sleeve, but if you have the vinyl in a sleeve with artwork, this frame is not going to work for you.

The dimensions should be a bit over 12" square to fit a true vinyl record w/ artwork so I'm not sure what this company expected people to use it for... but my problem was quickly remedied by going to my local Urban Outfitters and getting their '2 for $20' record frames.

You can also order them on their website but will have to pay shipping. They do offer free shipping if you order from the store in person. I actually did that because the store I was at only had 2 left and I wanted 6 so I bought the 2 there and then she ordered the other 4 for me and they are being shipped for free.
44 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2012
I bought these as album frames. However they are not the correct size. A warning for anyone else buying this frame: The frame is NOT 12 by 12 inches but smaller! Biggest waste of money, not worth buying.
on August 8, 2010
These are some great frames...especially for the price. I bought them to hang calendar art, and at their low price I was able to buy several. You can't easily find 12X12 frames at this price anywhere else. Make sure to get these while they're still available!
on December 17, 2010
I was looking for a way to display my 12x12 scrapbook pages on the wall. I didn't want a frame to show, just the layout under glass. The scrapbook frames in the craft store are very expensive and I searched Amazon for something cheaper. For a third of the price, these are just what I was looking for. I had never used a front loading frame, but I found it very easy to use and I can change a picture in less than 30 seconds. To hang them, all you need is one small nail, as they are very lightweight and have a hole in the back (think hanging a clock). No wires or fancy hangers necessary. This product does the trick and I recommend it.
on February 28, 2013
12" square frames are not easy to find so I was very pleased when I found them on Amazon. These frames are not only the perfect size for what I wanted to frame but look like real metal when they are on the wall. You truly can't tell the difference. The fact that they pop open by pressing on the corners was an added feature I loved since I was framing 12 photos. The job became much easier.

Great frames for a really reasonable price.
on June 3, 2015
Frame arrived with broken glass and dented frame, although the package had no visible external damage. I was going to just have a replacement sent, but held up the 12x12 picture I was going to use it for, and the frame is about .25" too small. So it's really only 11.75×11.75". Returned for a refund, and went to Michaels - perfect 12x12 frame with discount coupon ended up cheaper anyway.
on May 29, 2016
This showed up perfectly fine, no damage. I used the 11x17" ones for some other pieces of art with absolutely no problems.

This one, however, broke as soon as I tried to snap the front piece back in place. I'm not 100% sure if it's because it was a bigger piece of glass than the 11x17" ones and therefore more prone to stress during the reassembly process - or maybe I did something wrong. Either way, had to go to a local store to pick up a different one (back-mounted - didn't want to risk another incident).

I'm not going to give this one star or anything - it showed up perfectly fine and I'm not really sure if it was user error or product defect when it broke.
on November 21, 2014
This frame perfectly fits vinyl records. It snaps open on the top so the record slides in easily. Also very simple to hang. It is delivered safely and perfectly packaged, and arrives long before the expected arrival date. I'm really happy with this purchase, and moreso happy with the price.
on October 28, 2015
Item was slightly smaller than 12x12, but was able to push picture down into it. Did NOT come with attachment on back as shown in video which would have let us stand this frame up on a table instead of hang it. That was a tad disappointing..
on August 19, 2014
Perfect frame for a calendar picture. Easy to use it you read the directive sheet. Some calendars are too beautiful to be retired at the end of the year. I like the no frame look this product offers.