Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

• MDNA
  • Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 234 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 477 reviews
on January 12, 2014
Where do I even start? MDNA is everything. I became a fan of Madonna when I first heard 'Girl Gone Wild' on the day of its release, and immediately started lapping up the whole album and all her past work. MDNA is clearly underrated and deserved way more attention and better sales, but it seems that the general public are incapable of appreciating a fine work of art. This album made 2012 a memorable year for me, and I have Madonna to thank for that.
on June 20, 2015
I won't pretend that this is her best album ever, because it's not. It doesn't compare with her early workings, nor with her 90's workings. However, it's a really great record to just put on with a glass of wine, and just relax on the couch, and once you feel the buzz, get up and dance. It's also a great record to put on in the car with the windows down on a country road (it has a very 50ish kind of vibe to it, like a "Bonny and Clydeish" feel) This album isn't going to be something that you put on to entertain or anything. It's no gem, or "treasure" album. But I give it 5 stars, as it does have some deep songs towards the end, and like I stated, it's a great album to relax to.
on November 1, 2016
I didn't even know Madonna was still realeasing albums! (I've been told I'm completely lame when it comes to music.) I wanted her Rebel Heart CD and then all these others popped up, so I had to get them too! 😂

Not disappointed, love her music.
on February 14, 2014
Simply put, this isn't the album that I was hoping Madonna would make at this point in her career. It is easy to see from this album and from her recent on-stage antics with Miley Cyrus that Madonna is struggling to find a place for herself in the perennially youth-oriented and transitory pop music landscape. Madonna is an icon, there's no question about that, and listening recently to some of her older albums (Madonna, Like A Virgin, and True Blue), I was struck by how brilliant many of those songs still are. She was so gutsy and exuberant back then, wasn't she? The songs are brimming with confidence, sex appeal, and real joy, like she was happy and excited to make them. This most recent album, MDNA, sounds like she is trying to compete with younger, hipper singers. At this point in her career, she needs to carve out a new niche for herself, and that's hard to do because there aren't a great deal of other singers who are in her age group or older who are still popular and relevant. As an icon who has ruled the charts in the past, it is understandable that she doesn't want to give up her throne or pass the torch, but whether she wants to or not, the torch has been passed, and singers like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Miley Cyrus now possess it. I wish that rather than trying to compete with them, she would try to transcend them and create music that was less concerned with popularity and more focused on talking about things that matter and reflecting on her life thus far.
on December 3, 2012
It's a little weird thing to be reviewing Madonna's album. I am beyond average fan and anyone like that will just be grateful that Madonna puts record out. Madonna's albums were always some kind of staple or measure-stick in pop music where all other current top 40 hits were spinning around. For years Madonna has been changing her sound very successfully as an artist. She kept delivering great albums for her fans, one after another. In this world of new, innovated, over-produced MUSIC, Madonna still manages to deliver an out-standing album. She is still Queen of PoP and no other artist comes anywhere close to her. Public life of this super-famous megastar has its ups and downs but the MUSIC is still undeniable.

By now album has been out for a 9-10 months and I keep going back and forth from it. I liked it from the very first listen but it was a lot to take in. Madonna's ALL albums have their own flow and they all seem to have some kind of concept. In that respect, MDNA is no different. I listened to album a lot and I don't find any weak spots. "Gang Bang", "Some Girls" and "Love Spent" are HIGH points of this album. These three songs are so different from each other, lyrically and sound-wise. I'd say that "Gang Bang" is the ultimate highlight. It's un-like anything else Madonna has done in the past. It has too many people credited for it. But it comes down to Madonna in the end and somehow it's all her. "Some Girls" to me is the greatest sounding song here - lyrics are really dark, but if you blast this one really loud, it will be very up-lifting. I love that contrast. "Love Spent" is just a great pop creation. "I'm Addicted" and "Falling Free" are also great songs - I love both. Singles "Give Me All Your Luvin' ", "Girl Gone Wild" and "Turn Up The Radio" are radio friendly and are SOLID singles. Classic Madonna moment is "Masterpiece". I wish that sometime in the future Madonna would make whole album of songs like that. It seems effortless and Madonna shows her softer side. To me this is ultimate stand-out but I look at it like W. E. soundtrack, rather than part of MDNA. It works but in my mind is attached to the film. "Superstar", "I Don't Give A" and "I'm A Sinner" are also solid songs.

Over-all MDNA is another great album by Madonna. Normally I wouldn't bother giving Madonna extra compliments, but this time I was really irritated by severe criticism. I really can't see why. Also, some people that posted positive reviews were just saying that in-spite of negative reviews. MDNA is very dark. I think that`s what separates MDNA from all other Madonna`s albums and makes people un-comfortable. Most songs are about heartbreak and some kind of picking yourself up from the "bottom". It really shows some dark emotions and anger. But it still gives some kind of solution to it all. Maybe next Madonna album will be sunny-happy album, but for now MDNA does its job as expression of human dark side. It's still authentic and "envelope pushing" as Madonna likes to say ...
on March 18, 2014
There are many dance songs on this cd, following the trend that Madonna has been doing for a while now. I was really glad to see that she has included some ballads this time around. Her ballads on this album reached inside and grabbed my heart. Great work, Madonna!
on June 30, 2015
I'm going to get the deluxe version of this release soon, not as into this 'clean' version! So, I'm not going to flesh out this review much! I like this cd, yet I'm no pg type of listener...wort the cost, especially used!! /Alexavier
on December 16, 2012
In true Madonna fashion, this CD is different than anything else she has ever done, yet still as amazing as her early work.
on July 4, 2016
there are some song that I like I guess I would like to here the dirty version now
on November 24, 2014
Missed op here. Great album title but really does not contain anything standout. Beautiful Killer should have been on the album and Girl Gone Wild could have been a better single than GMAYL.