Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "MEE audio Runaway 4.0 Bluetooth Stereo Wireless + ..." and save 61% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
MEE audio Runaway 4.0 Bluetooth Stereo Wireless + Wired Headphones with Microphone (Black/Red)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Can be used both wired (stereo audio only) and wirelessly
- Supports A2DP for wireless stereo music playback; has built-in microphone for headset use and conveniently located phone/music controls
- Ultra-soft ear pads and adjustable headband for extended wearing comfort
- Folds for convenient storage and comes with a travel bag
- Folds conveniently into included travel bag for storage and transport; includes 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
About MEE audio
For more than five years, MEE headphones and earphones have won acclaim from casual listeners and audiophiles alike. Specializing in sports, wireless, and high fidelity headphones, MEE is committed to providing the best user experience, performance, and value with every product, delivering Music Enjoyment for Everyone.
Run Away With Your Music
The Runaway is a revolution in headphones, utilizing bold colors, sleek design, and Bluetooth 4.0 brilliance to break the monotony of the day to day and transform the music listening experience from ordinary to extraordinary. Enjoy your media at its best wirelessly with excellent sound quality, all-day battery life, and ultra-soft padding.
What's in the box:
- Runaway AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Headphones
- USB charging cable
- Stereo audio cable
- Carrying pouch
- User manual
Rock Out with the Runaway in our Vinyl Black and Vintage Red
Lose The Wire
The Runaway uses the A2DP Bluetooth profile to wirelessly stream high-quality stereo audio from phones, tablets, and other Bluetooth audio transmitters.
However long your journey, enjoy it in comfort with the ultra-soft padding and ergonomic adjustable headband.
Take It Anywhere
Take the Runaway with you wherever you travel - it folds conveniently into the included protective travel bag for transport and storage.
Advanced Multipoint functionality allows two simultaneous Bluetooth connections, letting you effortlessly manage calls and media from two phones or tablets.
Enjoy The Music
High efficiency 40mm drivers with proprietary diaphragm deliver rich and dynamic sound with enhanced deep bass and great clarity.
Listen All Day
A built-in rechargeable battery and energy-efficient Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology deliver 15 hours of talk or music playback on a single charge.
Never Miss A Phone Call
The Runaway incorporates a high-quality hidden microphone and easy-to-use controls for music, volume, and phone calls.
Compare with similar items
Sennheiser RS 165 RF Wireless Headphone System
MEE audio Rumble AF80 Enhanced-Bass Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones with Headset Functionality (Black/Red)
Sony MDRZX110NC Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series I) Wireless Headphones, Noise Cancelling - Black
Ausdom M07 On-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone Foldable and Lightweight Headsets Compatible with Cell phones and other Bluetooth Devices, Black
|Price||From $34.99||See price in cart||$61.04||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$329.00||$29.99|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||VonHome|
|Color||Red/Black||Black||Black/Red||Black||Black||M07-Black, Black, Black|
|Item Dimensions||0.7 x 6.8 x 5 in||5.9 x 9.3 x 11.6 in||3 x 7.5 x 7 in||5.8 x 7.4 x 2 in||6.69 x 3.1 x 7.08 in||1.1 x 7.24 x 6.61 in|
|Item Weight||3.8 ounces||0.66 lb||0.5 lb||5.3 ounces||0.52 lb||0.7 lb|
|Additional Features||foldable, universal-phone-control, volume-control||volume-control||lightweight||foldable, noise-cancellation||noise-cancellation, wireless||long battery life, volume control|
The Runaway is a revolution in headphones, utilizing bold colors, sleek design, and Bluetooth brilliance to break the monotony of the day to day and transform the music listening experience from ordinary to extraordinary. The exquisite sound quality and ultra-soft ear pads of the Runaway let you enjoy your media at its best while the wireless design, all-day battery life, and built-in microphone and controls help declutter your life. This is a product of MEE audio (formerly MEElectronics).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Background, I use these on my daily commute. 40 minute walk through the hills of San Francisco. Windy, check. Wanted for both listening to music/podcasts as well as making phone calls. Primarily using with an android phone.
I was worried about a couple things when I bought these:
- Read peoples ears got sweaty
- Had some mixed reviews for phone calls
- Some said they didn't stay on head extremely well
Passed those, I had read all positives on these for the price-point. And in my opinion, none of these were an issue for me. They stay on my head just fine. I've even jogged with them and they maintained their position. Ears get a little sweaty on really sunny days. If you live in a hot climate, have the sun pounding on you while using -- you may want to consider that. For me here in SF, not an issue at all. Even on sunny days, with a cool breeze, no issue whatsoever. Phone calls have been wonderful as well. Was on a busy street earlier, they could still hear me loud and clear. So much so that I was happily surprised. I thought for sure with the wind ripping past, people honking etc, there's no way this is going to be a good experience. I was so wrong.
- They were a little smaller/thinner than I was expecting. Not sure why, they look jsut as they do in the image. But to my delight, still fit me beautifully.
- Because it's all plastic, it doesn't look quite as cool as the new monster phones, but then again they are not $300 and they are sooo light because of it. I could literally wear these all day without really noticing.
- Actually, they look pretty cool.
- Bluetooth is painless, easily connected to pc and phone.
- The sound quality is great. I'm no audiophile, but i've used much more expensive headphones and these are on par with a pair more expensive. Bluetooth you always take a hit as far as sound quality, but still sounds beautiful. And plugged in, even better.
- Comfortable, so damn comfortable.
- Having buttons on the headphone makes life so easy.
- Easy to adjust
- Huge one for me, sound does not leak. I hate hearing other peoples music blaring in public places. These leak so little, was impressed by this. And there's no active noise cancellation, but they still hold sound pretty well, you'll feel like you're in your own little world. Without feeling like you're in a sauna or listening to yourself chew. Win win.
- Good battery life
- Easy to turn on/off
I've had a fantastic experience so far. If I had to pick anything apart. It's annoying you can't listen to them while charging. At least not plugged in, actually not sure--you may be able to via bluetooth. I'll update later. But if they die, you definitely have to wait a little before using again. The buttons on the headphone are a little stiff if i'm being extremely critical, but they are so convenient hasn't hurt my experience one bit.
Happy customer, and definitely recommend these to anyone looking in the bluetooth headphone market, or even just for anyone looking for a new pair of headphones and willing to accept extra perks of having bluetooth at your fingertips. Beware you warm climate people, but other than that, happy listening.
UPDATE: I have been using these for months now, every single day. I still love them. I feel like I never charge them, they just work. Thinking about it now, I've had absolutely no problems. No dropped calls. No random cut outs, or weird bluetooth issues. Charge once a month, maybe. Have never been somewhere where they died on me, only charge because I figure they have to be getting low. In the summer the leather after a long walk or jog would cause my ears to get a little sweaty after awhile. Wasn't an immediate issue, but something worth noting as there are plenty of warmer climates than that of the bay area. But adding to that, they've been the perfect companion for the winter months. When it's below 60 and windy, these provide the perfect amount of protection from the elements. For the price tag, I could not imagine being happier with a different pair.
1. At times I had difficulty connecting up with already-paired devices. I typically paired it with my laptop and my Samsung, and sometimes (mostly with the Samsung) it just wouldn't connect. I don't know if this was an issue with the phone or the headphones or the laptop, but the headphones were the common denominator. Not enough for me to subtract the two stars that I did, but I'm mentioning it anyway. Might just be Bluetooth technology (disclaimer: this is the first pair of Bluetooth headphones I've ever owned)
2. This is a big one, and the reason for less than 5 stars. Almost a year to the date they are cracked and not long for this world. There are what appear to be stress cracks/breaks on both sides of the headphone. They're exactly at the place that the cuffs fold in. They didn't break at the same time either. You can clearly see the exposed wires behind one of the cracks, so I imagine it's only a matter of time before one of those wires get stretched/comes loose/breaks. Real bummer, but for now they still work.
Other than that I loved these headphones. Unfortunately I'm gonna look at another brand for my next pair due to the breakage problem.
As for sound quality on phone calls, it is very good. I was outside and the wind was blowing a bit with cars driving by and my wife said that she could hear me loud and clear. Which is so weird to me because I'm not used to using the headset that way. But it's good to know it works and that it works well.
Also, I have listened to my co-workers Wireless BT Headset from Dre Beats, and I was totally knocked for a loop when a $50-$75 dollar headset sound just as good, if not better then a $299.99 headset! Also, these headphones are so much lighter and are way more comfortable then the Dre Beats ones. I was actually contemplating on getting the BT Dre Beats, but thankfully I got a rare opportunity to listen to and compare them with what I already have (these and the Sony's). Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't dish out the cashola for the Dre Beats ones.
Another advantage this set has is that you can use it wirelessly or with a wire (which is included).
I give this device a 4 out of 5 because the flaws are that it can make your ears sweat a little bit and that the charging cord is unique in that you have to plug the cord into your earphone jack of the headphones, thus preventing you from using them while they charge.
Hope this helps. But for now, this is the least expensive to quality sound reproduction headset ratio you are going to find on the market.