Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 29, 2012
My daughter really really likes it, for ten minutes. When she remembers that she has it. Then she's done. The largeness of the doll itself and the focus on the hair styling and the big, surreal, hair tentacles are at once charming in a Marc Ryden/Tim Burtonish way, but also makes the doll not particularly useful for engaging with any other dolls she has, so she plays with its hair and then stops. It's a bit expensive and a bit of a shelf space hog for not a lot of engagement time. As educational value goes, eh. It encourages motor control, I suppose, but it's just one more girls-should-like-hair toys. That said, it IS charming and surreal, and it does not sexualize child femininity, which, in the age of Bratz and Barbie, I truly, truly appreciate.
2 people found this helpful
on December 21, 2012
My child loved it for the first day and now has not felt the touch of a child since. I am not even sure where it is. The hard hair does not make it a cuddly toy. So strange that many of the dolls are now hard. Is this what our society is becoming? Hard? Not touch or contact? Was not happy with the product idea but child got it as a gift and the marketing campaign worked in their favor because this is all she wanted for weeks.
on April 26, 2012
My daughter likes lalaloopsy and she's not quite ready to handle real hair so I thought this doll with its plastic hair would be a fun introduction to hair styling. It's not. The dolls head is weirdly heavy and the body is flimsy. If i was gojng by sheer looks I think its absolutey adorable but after the 1st time we played with it my daughter hasn't paicked it back up. The hair pieces just snap on so its easy to do for smaller hands and the little critter it comes with has hair too but its just a cheap plastic shape. Overall for the price it wasn't worth it.
on October 22, 2012
I bought the Lalaloopsy silly hair doll for my 5 yr old niece as a gift. The doll looks fun to play with and I like that it comes with a Lalaloopsy pet, brush & hair accessories. My niece has very curly hair and I think she'll get a kick out of playing with a doll that does too.
on March 15, 2016
My grand daughter went nuts over this doll. To tell you the truth I wanted to keep it too.
on December 20, 2012
I buy this little ladies for my niece - she is in love with Lalaloopsy. This doll is the "popular" hair color for Christmas. I bought this a few weeks ago for way less. I think that the novelty of the silly hair may wear off but she still loves the dolls. I love that each one has it's own personality and they are all so different. Even though they are still uniform in shape, it does a good job of encouraging young girls to be themselves and find their own identity. I personally would buy 50 of these before I would buy a single half dressed Barbie doll!
on March 31, 2013
My neice loved it. It came well packaged. All the accessories were with it. She neven stopped playing with it. Thank you for making me be the best Santa that night.
on January 14, 2013
This was my granddaughter's Christmas gift. She loves it! :) Loves the hair she can curl herself! Recommend for any little girl!
on January 13, 2013
My granddaughter loved her. If she loves it I love it! She was very excited when she opened her at Christmas.
on December 30, 2012
Daughter, 4, wanted this in the worst way- it is hard for her to play with the head is very heavy and the clips come apart, even for me and she gets extremely frustrated by not being able to put clips on hair. That being said she still absolutely loves it and I am glad she is happy.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.