- Brand Name: Powerex
- Battery Type: NiMh
- Item Package Quantity: 1
PowerEx MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer + 4 Pack AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries [2700mAh]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Four independent slots for AA or AAA NiMH batteries
- Large backlit LCD
- Digitally displays battery capacity, voltage, current and time
- Special forming charge and cycling mode
- 30 selectable charging and discharging speed
AA Performance Rechargeable Batteries from AmazonBasics Starting At $9.99Shop now
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I bought the smart charger based on other reviews here so I'm just going to provide a few observations:
1. Excellent appearance - looks professional and well-made.
2. Read the instruction sheet carefully - there are multiple charge modes used at different times.
3. When the battery is inserted the charger prompts you for the charge mode, etc. Very easy to set up.
4. Every battery that hasn't been on this charger should go thru the Break-In mode - it takes almost two full days but the results are worth it. I just spent six hours at a local event using a lot of flash photography and didn't have to change out the batteries at all!
5. A regular charge can be done in about one hour.
6. They recommend "matching" the batteries based on their capacity (shown when charging is done) - I'm using a spreadsheet to track that and have put labels on each battery showing the battery number, capacity, and group it belongs to. Overkill perhaps but it's paid off so far.
7. Once you've used it a few times it becomes a lot easier.
8. The Duracell 15-minute chargers have been tossed - I'm not so sure that such a short charging time is good for batteries anyway.
9. I've already purchased another MH-C9000 as a backup and to charge more batteries in the same amount of time.
This is the first review I've ever posted - I see a lot of these and wonder if they were written by someone at the company that makes the product. I'm just a regular guy who is excited over finding something that solved a major problem in a big way.
I give credit to Thomas Electronics for replacing each defective device absolutely hassel free, but I am not even going to ask them to send me a fifth one. I have batteries to charge. I am going to have to find soething else.
I highly recommend this charger. It seems expensive at first, but you will get much better life from your rechargeable batteries and better performance from them as well!
Whether the display is a night light or can't turn off is of no concern, really, when I was looking for a top quality smart battery charger (I'm not sure why someone needs it in their bedroom only to be bothered by the backlighting anyway - move it to another room *problem solved*). The charger does what it was intended to do: analyze, charge, discharge, and refresh AA and AAA batteries.
Of special interest to someone wanting maximum life out of the investment made in NIMH batteries is the fact that this charger monitors the temperature of the batteries - a feature Radio Control users highly use everyday. This is an important feature as discharging and recharging generates heat and DIRECTLY has an effect on how the battery reacts to discharging and charging.
This is a quality charger and does what is expected of a smart charger in order to get the most possible out of rechargeable batteries.
I'm also looking at the MH-C801D 8-cell smart charger since maintaining a handful of batteries can be very time consuming 4 at-a-time. I'm favoring this model because of the heavy duty adapter, interchangeable power cord, and 1-hour charge capability as compared to other 8-cell chargers.
Note: I bought my charger with 4 Powerex AA's from Accessory Genie (due to their 99% satisfaction rating), but they currently show up as "Customer Satisfaction Ratings Leader". Shipping was comparable to the other main merchant listed but you have to look at exactly who the shipping merchant is.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The device is bigger than what i expected but compared to what i was using in the past (normal batter chargers) this is really a big change. Read morePublished 12 months ago by A. Darwish
Have 3 of these units. One for everyday use and 2 for emergencies. I have some portable solar capability and these PowerEx units charge directly from a 12VDC battery - if the... Read morePublished 17 months ago by texas effect
I bought the MH-C9000 charger to upgrade from my La Crosse BC-700. I chose it over the BC-900 because the La Crosse chargers leave very little space between the cells for heat... Read morePublished 18 months ago by A. Santic
I really liked this when I first got it.
It brought batteries back from the dead, charged them as I wanted, and let me charge 4 batteries with their own specific... Read more
This is probably a very good charger/analyzer, I found it hard to choose which values to set to charge the battery. There were several choices. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Frank Hank
The charger seems quite involved at first, but once you start using it, it all makes sense. Showing your capacity, voltage & other details for each battery being charged. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Rolf
I know, I know. Can't I just buy a speed charger and be done with it? To be honest I use those in a pinch. I use this Powerex to repair some older batteries. Read morePublished on June 13, 2014 by Steve Calen
After 2yrs I think its safe to say the results are in. This is one of those things that each time you use it, you have a feeling of money well spent. Read morePublished on May 10, 2014 by Jay