Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
MICHELIN Guide New York City 2013 (Michelin Guide/Michelin) Paperback – October 3, 2012
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Just to note: This book is NOT meant to be an all-inclusive guide of every single restaurant in NYC - there are hundreds if not thousands of restaurants in NYC. This book highlights restaurants worth visiting.
Some highlights of the book:
- very helpful fold-out map of NYC and legend towards the front of the book
- very good personal descriptions of experiences at the restaurants
- easy to read, helpful glossary and index
My father has already used the book to on a recent trip to NYC (will report back with the name, but it was a vegetarian Indian restaurant), and he was very pleased with his meal. The book is very well done and continues the Michelin Guide legacy very well.
That being said, a technical warning:
- the characters used to rate the restaurant arent downloading on the kindle app for ipad, which is a bummer and good to know if this is how you intend to view it.
- the guide has photos, and will not download on kindle paperwhite.
Better to get the paper version if you can.
Also just set your expectations right: it is a list of top restaurants, but zagat will include more restaurants and more rating criteria. The restaurant descriptions give an ok idea of the food being served but they are short.