Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 51-60 of 356 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 387 reviews
on April 5, 2012
It works, used on an old Aser $400 notebook. Just insure your connected to the internet from windows to find the online drivers. I had to uninstall it in the device manager and reinstall it connected to the internet, but hey it works like a charm. No need to pay more, though the cable is short, about 5 feet end to end so you may need a USB extension cable unless you want your computer in your lap as you play the keyboard.

note: used on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit system
on August 9, 2012
Well, ideally it should work, and it might on the right PC. But i wasnt able to get it to work. It started looking for drivers that i didnt have and the PC wouldnt recognize it. I ended up using my MBOX to access the equipment. Im keeping the cable because they are rare and i may need it down the road. Beware, some PCs wont recognize it so expect a hassle. Im sure it works fine once you work at it a little.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2013
This is a very cheaply made cable and I have had a hard time getting it to work with a variety of applications. It did work well one time for one specific application, which is why I am giving it any stars at all.
on March 31, 2012
The converter works with my iPad and keyboard, except for MIDI in and out being reversed. I almost returned it thinking it was defective, but then read the instructions where they do instruct you to reverse the cables. I guess that's what you get for a $5 cable. It would be nice if it were more visible rather than looking at instructions (Should you really have to read the instructions for a midi cable?), but compared to the $30+ alternative, I honestly don't mind a bit. It works just as well as the much more expensive M-Audio cable I also have. Good product, just minus one star for reversed connections.
on September 23, 2014
This cable sucks... I bought it for my line 6 pod HD pro so I could change my patches during my bands live set. I plugged the cable into the back of my pod and the red light flickers on for a second and then turns off. Does absolutely nothing and doesn't work! Waste of 5 bucks
on November 2, 2012
I was kinda worry because i was looking for the Yamaha oficial brand Midi to USB converter. Like $48. But i found this and for the diference of money i decided to try.

Item work as it suppoused to.
Yamaha P95b + Asus K53S+ Synthesia 0.82 = SUPER AMAZING COMBO FOR LEARN AND MASTER PIANO AND NEW SONGS

I couldnt imagine whats the real diference betwen the UX16 and this one, more than a bunch of money, i mean on funtionalitty. Probably none.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
Thank you for the fast devlivery and once the usb midi cables.

After taking them out of the package and trying them out with my FCB1010, I had no problems for windows 7 finding the drivers. And it works like it should.
on June 17, 2013
As a EDM Producer for 1 year and 5 months, this comes in handy very much. It hasn't went out on me yet, there seems to be no major delay, even running through a 4-port USB Hub to my laptop, all data is very accurate and I can't tell any lose of information. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good reliable MIDI to USB Cable. I can now use my cheap MIDI Keyboard for FL Studio, and it doesn't give me any fits with finding it. Great cord!

UPDATE: I have noticed a few issues, but nothing that really takes down my rating. My laptop does sometimes quit acknowledging that it is there, however I think this is more because of the cheap USB 4-Port Hub I'm using. If the hub gets bumped then it will lose connection, causing me to have to unplug the USB, re-scan for Midi, exit the DAW, re-enter the DAW, plug it back in, and scan again. The other issue, as some people have mention before, when using a sustain pedal it will claim it as another note, being E5. For someone that uses the sustain pedal constantly through a song, this gets very annoying. It is possible for me though, to lightly press on the pedal, and there is a 4/5 chance it won't register it for a note, but an actual sustain pedal. My rating will be dropped one star, only because of this malfunction. I will continue to use the cord, and update this as I find more about it, good or bad.
on November 27, 2016
It works fine. I use it with FL Studio 12 and a cheap Casio keyboard I got from Goodwill. I did have to reverse the IN and OUT connections as others noted, or I'd give it a five. Works with Windows 10, and as I said, Frooty Loops 12. A local store had a big name brand, and it was going to cost $40.
on January 3, 2012
I purchased this cable to connect my Yamaha keyboard to my Macbook Pro in order to create music in Pro Tools, Garageband and or Logic Pro. It worked seamlessly with no type of set up. Just plug and play! For the price, I couldn't be happier.