- Save 15% each on Qualifying items offered by TITAN™ Paracord when you purchase 4 or more. Enter code TITN1615 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% each on Qualifying items offered by TITAN™ Paracord when you purchase 3 or more. Enter code TITN1610 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% each on Qualifying items offered by TITAN™ Paracord when you purchase 2 or more. Enter code TITN1605 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
TITAN MIL-SPEC 550 Paracord / Parachute Cord, 103 Continuous Feet, 620 lb. Breaking Strength - Authentic MIL-C-5040, Type III, 7 Strand, 5/32" (4mm) Diameter, 100% Nylon Military Survival Cordage. Includes 3 FREE Paracord Project eBooks.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- EXTREMELY STRONG: Rated at over 620 LBS, Titan 550 Paracord meets or exceeds all MIL-C-5040-H, Type III specifications so that you know you can count on it when it matters.
- THE PERFECT CORDAGE: Titan Paracord is the perfect utility cord for Home & Auto Emergency Kits, Camping, Hunting, Survival Kits, Disaster Prep, Bug-Out Bags, and Crafting projects. From Para-Cord Lanyards and Bracelets, to Dog Collars and Belts…There is no limit to what you can use the Titan paracords for.
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE: 550 Paracord is specifically designed for rugged utility applications requiring Strength, Durability, and Compactness. From crafts, clothes lines, and outdoor tent guy lines, to an emergency rope substitute...everyone should have 100 ft of Titan Paracord available for camping, hiking, hunting, and boating trips.
- ALWAYS INNOVATING - TITAN is dedicated to providing you with innovative, high-quality, outdoor survival gear and tactical products. From planned Camping, Hiking, and Boating trips, to unplanned Emergency situations - Our focus on Superior Quality means Superior Performance that you can count on.
- THE TITAN PROMISE - We're an American Veteran-Owned business, and all authentic TITAN products have a LIFETIME GUARANTEE. If you're unhappy with our products in any way, we will completely refund your purchase. No questions asked.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Titan Paracord's quality is trusted by Military Forces and Outdoor Enthusiasts around the world. Our Superior Quality means Superior Performance.
- Titan Paracord has a Minimum Guaranteed Tensile Strength of 550lbs.
- 100% Bump-free, Bulge-free, Kink-free.
- Made to Military Specifications w/Colored Government Contractor Marker Inside
Titan Paracord is made from 100% Nylon, measures 5/32" in diameter, and contains 21 individual strands, braided into seven seriously-strong 3-strand yarns. Its official military designation is MIL-C-5040H, Type III, 550 Paracord. Titan Paracord is the ultimate utility cord, and is also known as 550 Cord, Parachute Cord, or Survival Cord.
Typical utility uses for Titan Paracord include:
- Securely tying down items to the top of your vehicle or tying small items to your backpack or waist when hiking.
- Hanging a rucksack from a tree to keep your food away from critters or Stringing up a clothes-line to dry out wet clothing.
- Stringing up a trip wire to rig an area by tying cans, chimes, etc. to the cord to alert you of intruding animals.
- In addition to its general utility functions, Titan Paracord is also excellent for Survival Kits, Bug-Out Bags, and Vehicle Emergency Kits.
Typical survival situation uses for Titan Paracord include:
- When threaded with beads, use as a pace counter to estimate distance covered by foot.
- "The guts", or individual yarns of the core, can be removed when finer string is needed for fishing line or sewing gear.
- Slowly lowering your equipment or an object down from a higher plane.
- Securing a makeshift splint or creating a makeshift sling.
- Creating or Rigging a pulley system to lift a heavy object.
We confidently back our product with a 100% satisfaction, no hassle, money-back guarantee. Try Titan Paracord today and you'll never purchase another brand again!
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerWARNING: Paracord is not designed for climbing.
Seller Warranty Description100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Top customer reviews
#1 - 5Col
Overall, superior product. Mills Manufacturing weaves their cords, and 5Col sells the best paracord of the three. Reason? They contain 8 inner strands, meeting the 7-9 strand spec. One is marked yellow/green as the identifier. Each strand is tightly woven and approximately the same diameter as the Paracord Planet MIL-C-5040. The deciding factor between the two is each strand of the outer weave is also 3ply. Compared to the other two, they utilize just a band of fibers for each strand. When unraveling, this potentially provides the user with even more quality cordage. The cord moves easily and does not feel rigid. It is easy to work with and maintains shape around bends. As far as break strength, I do not possess the equipment to accurately test performance. Per spec, its min break strength should be 550 lbs.
#2 - Paracord Planet
I believe the manufacturer for this cord to be E.L. Wood based on the black & yellow strand markers. It contains 7 inner strands and a flat-ribbon sheath weave. It unravels equally and easily, but not as cleanly as 5Col. The cord feels limber and becomes oval around bends. Not flat, but not round. Feels as if the chord has a little more stretch too it, but only until under tension. I do not possess the equipment to test elasticity under its working load limit.
#3 - Titan
The least favorable (to me) of the three. The outer sheath is also a ribbon style, but each strand contains more nylon than 5Col or Paracord Planet. It is extremely difficult to unravel which may attest to a tighter overall sheath weave than 5Col or Paracord Planet. There are 7 inner strands, but they are much larger and loosely knit than the other two. The first thing I noticed when receiving this hank was weight. This cord easily weighs more than the other two. Per MIL-C-5040H, there is a minimum diameter but no maximum diameter to Class III 550. Titan takes that to heart. Their cord is thicker than the other two with a single red identifier. Their website claims of having a 660lbs min break strength is probably true. Therefore, this is more akin to something between 550 & 750 cord. Maybe 650? It certainly deserves its name of "Warriorcord" instead of Paracord. I wouldn't recommend it for actual rigging, but that is a personal statement, not a factual one from an expert.
Overall: Titan is a heavy duty cord. While the inner strands are not as tightly woven as other brands, the outer sheath is strong and resists unraveling. Compared to other brands, Titan uses more nylon fibers. If you are looking for paracord that exceeds MIL-C-5040H, Titan would fit the bill. I don't prefer it since they seem to be taking paracord to a whole new level with their new Survivorcord. While the idea of having jute, mono, and snare wire in the same cord is enticing, it begins to question the physical properties of the cord under stress and how to utilize the jute, mono, and wire without having to deconstruct your 550 cord. For short lengths, this is a non-issue, but for longer lengths, only someone willing to break down their new cord can tell.
This is tough, durable 7-filament-twisted-strand (one a marker strand) paracord with good strength specs and performance that exceeds expectations. Beyond that, the paracord comes with a velcro buckle-strap, that alone worth a buck in versatile value. Colors aren't as numerous as those sold by companies whose market is crafting, but are adequate in number for outdoors purposes. If you want paracord for strong, outdoor use, this is the real deal on the plus side; if you want cord only for crafting, you might prefer other sellers for their wide range of colors and far less 'stiff/strong' cord that will be far easier to manipulate.
Although this is a review of their standard paracord, it's important to point out that Titan also makes a "SurvivorCord" that contains, in addition to their 7-twisted-strands, a 25lb monofilament line, a strand of fine gauge brass wire, and a strand of waxed Jute fiber. This is even more expensive cord, but allows the outdoors person to carry one hank for multiple purposes, replacing items that may previously have been brought along just for "what if" purposes.