- File Size: 101 KB
- Print Length: 9 pages
- Publisher: Independent (April 10, 2012)
- Publication Date: April 10, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007T4PZG4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,309,209 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
A MILLENNIAL PROPOSAL Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
"A Millennial Proposal" is an obvious homage to Swift's "A Modest Proposal" and saying more on that point would spoil the fun. It's basically a well formed rant on the plight of our younger generation, taking points that we've heard before but distilling them nicely. Although I generally agree with her sentiments, her straw man is a mite too facile for me. Maybe that's just my Gen X proximity to the Boomers speaking, but then again there's only so much you can do in a short essay like this. It's a good length for a rant (too much longer would spoil it), yet packs enough value to make it worth the (very modest) price. For its brevity I'm tempted to dredge up a fast food metaphor, but that would be a disservice. It's a fun, quick read that touches on some deadly serious issues. Highly recommended.
It is a fun read always nice to know that people are still readings the classics and can see how they parallel modern society.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you read this literally, you're gonna have a bad time. A bit bitter for my tastes either way but does a good job addressing the issues. Read morePublished on February 3, 2013 by Brian
In light of the state of economic affairs on a national (and global) level, this work posits a serious address to the "grey ceiling" many young workers encounter. Read morePublished on November 19, 2012 by Ian B
Perfectly awful, wish I'd never heard of it. The author has nothing intelligent to say, the "proposal" is to murder all of the members of the baby boom generation in cold blood. Read morePublished on August 19, 2012 by Amazon Customer
The Book is only 9 pages long. Nice troll attempt. I will not insist on getting my 99 cents back. But, you suck.Published on July 11, 2012 by plan17b
A modern take on the cinematic classic, Logan's Run. As Stover recommends, "renewal" just might be the best option we have available.Published on May 14, 2012 by Swanderer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 15 minutes (1-11 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 15 minutes (1-11 pages) > Politics & Social Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 15 minutes (1-11 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction