Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on September 24, 2012
UPDATED REVIEW FEB 2013 1/5 stars:

My thermometer needle has ceased to move because it has scratched a divot in the face (around 250 degrees) and has become embedded in it. It was very accurate while it lasted. This thermometer was never put under severe circumstances. Never dropped, smashed, or mistreated. It ceased to work properly on its own after normal use in my oven. I do not consider the life of the thermometer to justify the cost of the device.

ORIGINAL REVIEW 3/5 stars:
This oven thermometer scratched itself after only 2 uses in my oven. (See picture above) The numbers 300, 350, and 400 are being worn away with each use in the oven.

Pros:
Accurate
Easy to read (when it has not scratched itself!)
Sturdy

Cons:
Defective dial scratches the temperature indicator
The notch on the top of the thermometer is too small to be placed on my standard oven racks. I have to set it on a rack and sometimes that is very inconvenient due to lack of space.
review image
on June 6, 2015
I waited two years to write this review because I wanted to see if it would hold up under actual oven use. Mostly, it has but I don't cook that often anymore. I kept this thermometer hanging from the lower oven rack where it could be clearly seen through the oven front glass window. Yesterday the glass fell out out the thermometer face. I can't find a seal or whatever was holding the glass in place so it may have baked away. This time around I will be looking for a thermometer that will last a little longer than two years. Nine dollars for two years. I'll let you be the judge of that.
on August 26, 2015
I received this item as a gift and after about a year the glass exploded. Scary! Thinking it was something I had done, inadvertently touching the thermometer to an element or something, I ordered another one. This one is a dud also. The printing is bleeding for one thing, but the main problem is that even at room temperature it registers 120 degrees. When it's in the oven, it sticks at the highest temperature. I tried to contact the company to resolve my issues and the phone number is out of service. Their website only has contact information for their Chinese distributor and says not to contact them for support. I strongly, emphatically, advise against this purchase and sincerely hope that Amazon discontinues sale of the product now that I've spoken with them about its defective nature.
review image review image
VINE VOICEon December 23, 2011
I have a two-year old top-of-the-line electric oven with all bells & whistles (convection, etc.). I thought by paying more for this thermometer I could get an accurate reading and also the fact that it was a commercial oven thermometer would be an asset. The name of thermometer is totally misleading: MIU France Stainless Steel Commercial Oven Thermometer; it has nothing to do with France and is made in China. I could have bought a much less expensive oven thermometer and had better results. Go for a less expensive thermometer. It too will be made in China and may even work. This one doesn't.
66 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2015
I have had this for several years now and I REALLY like it. I would probably put it as a must have for every baker.

It's easy to read and it helps me to make sure that my oven is at temperature. We just moved into a new home with a new stove and it's nice to know how accurate the oven is (first one was off by 75 degrees, this one is off by 25). Makes adjusting your baking temperatures/times easy!

*I am amending my review after owning this for several years. The temperature gauge/point must have warped over use and it would drag across the back of the thermometer physically scratching a line into the thermometer between 250-350 degrees. I don't think it was very accurate because of how hard it would need to work to try and make it around those temperatures.
on February 28, 2014
I bought two of these, set them side by side in my oven (and then changed positions so they each had a chance in each position), and one read FIFTY degrees higher than the other. Sorry can't recommend it although it sure is easy to read.
on February 8, 2011
I bake a lot so I have at least 2 oven thermometers in the oven at any given time, I also use an instant read thermometer. I bought this thermometer because of the big numbers, I wanted something I could just look through the oven window and know the temperature without having to bend down or get a small flashlight to read the numbers. This thermometer was constantly 50 degrees or more off every time and I have used it every day since I bought it. I have never seen an oven thermometer so off before so I would not recommend this item even though I love the big numbers.
on June 6, 2010
Seems to be pretty accurate but I can't give it a full 5 stars because the face has already cracked after just a month of usage. It doesn't seem to affect the thermometer functionality but it's pretty disappointing to think that it's so fragile despite not getting moved around or bumped at all! Maybe it cracked because we use the broiler so often, I don't know ... but we keep it on the lower shelf far away from the high heat of the broiler element so that shouldn't play a role. At any rate, I do think that this is a good thermometer at a good price. Just don't expect great durability.
on September 7, 2011
In an effort to save money, I have started making more food at home. Wondering how accurate the temperature gauge on my $200-300 oven actually is, I decided to look for a separate commercial grade thermometer. When I came across this on Amazon at a relatively inexpensive price I thought I had found what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, upon arrival, the needle was pointing near the bottom, far out of the thermometer's scale. Hoping that full deflection of the needle might correct the problem, I placed it in the oven and set it to 500 deg F. It was low by the same amount as it was at room temperature. After letting it cool down, the needle went to the original (wrong) position. It did not catch at room temperature. Without a way to adjust the needle manually, the thermometer was broken and had been upon arrival.

However, on a positive note, Amazon accepted the returned product and promptly refunded everything but the cost to return the product.
on March 23, 2014
I purchased this product as I learned to bake. It was well reviewed by others as being accurate and reasonably priced. I concur with those opinions. The dial is large and easy to read. I wish the hook for hanging the thermometer from a wire rack was a bit deeper and the flat stand a bit larger so it would be harder to dislodge the thermometer when inserting and removing baking trays, but this may be a sign of my clumsiness.
This product is well worth the money for anyone who has occasion to use their oven for baking or cooking.