About the Product
- Take MLB 12 The Show with you and play anywhere on the PS Vita. Users can enjoy modes such as Exhibition, Season, Franchise, and even Road to the Show
- Save files between the PS3 and the PS Vita via the PlayStation Network.. Sync your Season, Franchise and Road to the Show saves and load them on either platform to continue the action anywhere
- Take advantage of the new front and rear touch screens on the PS Vita with MLB 12 The Show. From navigating the menus to pinpointing pitch locations, The Show is at your fingertips
- Play with friends around the world at no extra cost on PlayStation Network
- Enjoy 4-player multiplayer support both online and offline
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
MLB 12 The Show is a PlayStation-exclusive baseball simulation game that combines outstanding graphics quality and features that has made it the series the top rated Sports video game franchise for four years running. The PlayStation Vita version of the game features PlayStation Vita touchscreen controls as well as button and analog stick controls, four-player multiplayer support, the online Diamond Dynasty mode, cross-platform saves with the PS3 version of the game and an extensive roster of realistically portrayed MLB players.
The Highest Rated Sports Video Game Comes to PS Vita
MLB 12 The Show is the 2012 release in a franchise has been the highest rated sports video game for four years running. The Show enables consumers to immerse themselves in exhilarating baseball moments by delivering true-to-life gameplay, authentic franchise and season modes, and incredible detail not found in any other sports game. MLB 12 The Show builds on what has been delivered in previous franchise releases adding compelling features that bring unparalleled innovation and polish to the sports genre. Just a few of these new features are a combination of PlayStation Vita touchscreen controls and standard button and analog stick controls, expanded multiplayer support online and cross compatibility with the PlayStation 3 version of the game.
Key Game Features
- PlayStation Vita Touch Controls - Enjoy The Show with a combination of touchscreen/pad controls and standard button and analog stick controls.
- 4-Player Multiplayer Support - Enjoy 4-player wireless multiplayer support.
- Diamond Dynasty - Compete in a massive multiplayer online experience where success depends on your managerial approach, player training and your skill / strategy against your competitors in this all-new mode for 2012. Create a custom team and collect and play with MLB players or activate and train Dynasty cards.
- Cross Platform Saves - Save files between the PS Vita and PS3 systems as you continue your Season, Franchise, and Road to the Show games on the go
- True Broadcast Presentations - Our biggest leap ever towards truly blurring the lines between a game day in reality and a game day in The Show.
PS Vita touchscreen controls.
All your favorite players.
Four-player multiplayer support.
Top Customer Reviews
The difficulty of this game can be fined tuned to your liking by adjusting the various sliders and trying the different difficulty levels. You can make it where it's hard to get 8 hits in an entire game, or you can make it home run derby every game if that's what you like. This is the best advice I can give anyone new to the series: If you've never played MLB The Show before, then you're not going to do yourself any favors by starting on any level other than beginner. You absolutely have to learn how to tell a strike from a ball and how to only swing at strikes in this game. Otherwise, you're going to hate it. Learn how to read pitches at the beginner level, and then start moving up to the higher difficulty levels and trying the different swing methods until you find what's the most fun for you. It's at this point that you get your money's worth out of the game.
The major game play gripes that I have are with the inconsistent accuracy when you're pitching on even the beginner level and the CPU ability on offense to refrain from swinging at any pitch even slightly off the plate on the higher difficulty levels. Even on beginner level, don't be surprised when your ace pitcher can't put the ball where you aim it. Good real-life pitchers miss of course, but I think they overdid it for this game. Adjusting the sliders helps, but it doesn't completely eliminate the problem.Read more ›
I went to gamestop to pick up my copy of ps3 the show for the vita, and i am really happy with it. It is everything you expect from the show plus more. they have everything from making the game so easy to making it so hard. everyone who is a fan of baseball should pick this game up. the only complaint i have is my online pass didnt work, but that does not reflect my game review because it isnt part of the game. the gameplay is so smooth and you feel a sence of accomplishment when you blast a home-run. they brought back where you can choose exactly where you swing and that is what i am talking about. This game feels just as smooth as when i played mlb 08 and mlb 11 on the ps3. playing on the vita doesnt take nothing away from the experience.
My online pass worked later that night when i got the game. i guesss they were having problems.
I played a couple games online and the experience was fun, but also frustrating. It seems like a lot of people either disconnect or quit once you get the lead. I have played 3 full games and my record is 5-4. people are getting losses when they havnt even played. The timing for hitting is rediculous online. It seems like your always either late or early. If you hit a hard ground ball to right field it is so easy to get thrown out at first. sometimes the catcher will get stuck on a 3rd strike pass ball or a steel and who ever is running can run the bases and get a free run. If you really care about your record or play seriously then i suggest you wait for a patch to jump online. If you play for fun like me and could care less about your record, you can still have fun playing online right now.
i chaned it to 4 stars overall because of all the problems online.Read more ›
The gameplay is solid, and the depth of features are huge. Everything but the newest mode have been ported over. The game runs smoothly and where they had to trim some fat to make it run well on a portable, they did so in minor presentation details.
The graphics are good, but I'm a little disappointed considering how the PS3 version turned out. When my roommate walked in to the room last night when I was playing it, he thought it was a real game I was watching. It looks that good. On the Vita it's solid, but lacks a lot of the detail to really wow you. FIFA on the Vita wowed me. Uncharted wowed me. I know games are much more than the graphics they have, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Minor gripe.
Overall it's a fantastic game. An absolute must for baseball fans with the Vita. The cross save integration is great, and works well between season and road to the show. If you have a PS3 and Vita I would suggest it. It's pretty cool. I just wish you could switch on exhibitions. I would highly suggest anyone that likes baseball to consider getting this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Too complicated. I just wanted a quick pick-up game. Prepare to invest a lot of time if you want to play this game.Published 11 months ago by Mark