Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 143 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 193 reviews
on March 23, 2013
In terms of pick up and play, simplicity, and just plain fun, the best baseball game ever was definitely All Star Baseball 2005 for the PS2. Thom Brennaman and Steve "Psycho" Lyons are awesome commentators, (I love Psycho, he's the man). Its a shame they stopped making the game and someone should really renew the series. Don't do anything crazy!; Keep the gameplay the same as it was in ASB05 and just update the rosters and the graphics. I'm a big fan of the 3-D Hit cursor, the pitching and defense are great too.

I bought this game, 2k, more out of excitement for Baseball, and Spring training fever than anything. I have an X-Box 360 and this was the only option. The game is pretty and everything, it reminds me of MVP Baseball 2005, but overall its just ok. Definitely going to take some time to get used to the new hitting and pitching set-up they have.
on June 20, 2017
I purchased this for my grandson's birthday. He loves it. He and his brother play all the time.
on December 7, 2013
If you absolutely love baseball, only have an Xbox, and need to have a baseball game, then please go ahead and buy this game. It's an accurate baseball simulation first and foremost. However, not being a baseball fanatic myself, I found that it was missing any kind of depth. Just kind of a 'play a game, and then on to the next one' type of experience. Not bad by any means, just keep your expectations tempered.
on April 23, 2014
Similar to MLB 2K12 but having updated rosters was a plus. Being a huge fan of baseball, it usually isn't difficult to sell me on a baseball game.
on January 11, 2017
Thrilled to find new game for grandson who wanted all the features only available in this game.
on April 26, 2015
My son loves this!! Great game and graphics!
on August 21, 2015
I first purchased this game in 2013. I paid $30 for it from Gamestop. Recently my two year old daughter got a hold of the disk and rendered it useless. No problem I though, Ill go down to Gamestop tomorrow and pick one up for dirt cheap right? After all the game is ancient, and it was never that popular even when it was first issued. To my surprise there was only one used copy of the game in my entire county and they wanted $60 for it. Hell no! So then I looked to Amazon and I find they want $90 for a new copy. Hell no! Well I settled on a pre-owned copy from an Amazon seller for around $40. Why am I telling you all of this? Because there is no other game that I would jump through hoops for and end up spending more money on it today than I did when it first came out 2 1/2 years ago. Yes I love this game, and I have wasted hundreds of hours becoming the greatest pitcher baseball has ever known. It is after all the only video game I still play.
on December 26, 2016
IT CAME IN A THIN CD CASE. EXPECTED THE BOX, ESPECIALLY FOR THE MONEY
on June 3, 2015
Great game! Wish they kept doing more baseball games.
on March 22, 2013
I had a hard time in one sense plunking down the bucks for a game that only offers new rosters, but I'm a sucker for baseball and baseball simulations ever since I was 1 year old. So, I closed my eyes to the price and bought the game. I'm glad I did. Even though there's little new content, the game is a lot of fun to play. I'm not put off by the state of the graphics. They are very decent considering that when I was a kid(back around the time of the flood) baseball sims were made of cardboard and metal spinners. A sim like 2k13 is like something fit for a king compared to what I was used to in the old days. I'm thankful for it. If you love baseball, want new rosters, and have an XBOX, this is a very playable and enjoyable game that you don't want to miss. Four stars for lack of anything new, but, truthfully, most everything you need to play is basically built in to the game already. It's also worth noting that this game came from a last minute deal between Take Two and MLB so there wasn't much time to improve the game. By the way, I just played as the Dodgers vs. the Reds in spring training. Beat the Reds 4 to 3 in a comeback squeaker and Belisaro struck out the last batter to boot. Very satisfying. Have fun.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.