Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 28, 2016
One of the greatest baseball games ever made. I've probably put in over 100 hours creating new players and sending them to the big leagues alone. Really addictive. Great buy.
on November 7, 2010
I think this is the baseball game I have been looking for. I prefer the "cartoonish" look to the characters in this game instead of those who look almost robotic as the try to recreate the look of the players. I grew up in the golden age of video games where nothing even remotely resembled real people. I believe that is the purpose of video games - to escape into a fantasy world of your own, to get away from the pressures of everyday life, even if only for a few minutes or hours, whatever the case might be. Also, I have yet to find any violence or anything else that would be cause to give warning for younger players.

Game play is simple if you prefer the novice setting to difficult at the other settings. It has many options to choose from and several ways of playing, such as home run derby, single game, season, etc. This version is several years old so it does not include the most up to date players, on the other hand, that does not really matter all that much to me. I think an update to the game is not going to happen. This is the end of the road for this one. What a shame! Get your copy while you still can!

Overall, I would give this game two thumbs up for its simplicity and entertainment level. If you are a baseball fan and remember the good-old days of video games, this game is definitely for you!
on September 9, 2016
I love this game!! It is pretty much the only game I continue to play now 2016) regularly on our Wii. I only wish they would update the game, but the play is awesome.
on June 14, 2011
This is head and shoulders above any other baseball offering the Wii currently has to offer -- even after over three years on the market. I haven't played the original on the Wii, so I can't comment too much on some of the alleged similarity to its predecessor, but after playing Mario Super Sluggers and some of the 2K installments (I was amazed to learn this game was actually made by the same company), I have no problem saying this game is in the same league as All-Star for the N64 and MVP Baseball 2005 for the Gamecube.

The visual style is, ostensibly, probably the biggest hurdle to overcome. On the surface, it looks like another Backyard Baseball ripoff. While it might seem childish and lazy at first glance, it is honestly a refreshing departure from the eerie pseudo-realism of the other next-gen offerings; since the Wii isn't exactly a powerhouse in terms of graphics, it actually ends up making more sense.

The rosters are well done, and I would argue that the lack of a deep minor league system allows the game to focus on other elements, unlike other baseball sims seem to do. The stadiums are, in spite of the cartoonish style of the players, well-rendered and accurate. A lot of other minutiae, like ball physics, defensive swings, and player fatigue, are surprisingly realistic.

The controls take getting used to. I'll admit it, I was rather disappointed to find a lack of extensive motion-control compatibility, which is the only element of the game significantly lacking behind its contemporaries. There is a WiiMote mode, in which motion controls factor into pitching and batting, but it's even shallower than the Wii Sports baseball game. Therefore, if you want a baseball game with complete motion control -- even at the expense of depth and replayability -- then Super Sluggers is probably a better route to take. However, once I got used to the controls (I use a GCN controller), I was able to overlook the WiiMote's limited involvement.

Bottom line, this is a surprisingly-deep baseball sim that both casual fans and fanatics alike should get many hours of enjoyment out of. The arcade-like, caricatural appearance of the game disguises what is a rich, accurate MLB experience. The lack of deep motion control compatibility, along with the overabundance of grind-it-out RPG elements of certain modes, are the only factors keeping the game from receiving a full 5-stars. While I maintain that MVP Baseball 2005 is the greatest baseball sim to date, MLB Power Pros 2008 is the best option on the Wii and is a solid investment for anyone interested in baseball.

Oh, and yes, I think we can all agree that the announcer is God-awful. I've had a foul-tip to the backstop called a "routine grounder." While annoying as hell... that's what the mute button is for.
on February 17, 2018
It came all scratched up and didn’t work no matter how much I tried to clean it. DON’T BUT IT.
on January 8, 2014
Came in the wrapping as advertised. Appears to be new. Fun game for baseball fans, taking up all my free time now
on July 23, 2015
This is by far the most entertaining baseball game ever on the wii!
on October 25, 2014
No scratches. On time delivery
on August 15, 2014
My son loves this game! Thank you for carrying it!
on July 16, 2009
EASY TO USE, A BLAST TO PLAY,AND ONCE YOU GET THE HANG OF IT,YOU CAN'T PUT THE CONTROLLER DOWN!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.