+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Cartoon-like version of MLB players are brought to life with player-specific facial details and expressions
- Stunning MLB ballparks with famous landmarks bring authenticity to every game
- Amazing animations with incredible double plays, diving catches, and even home-run-robbing wall catches
- Easy pick-up-and-play mechanics in both pitching and batting, making it fun for both novices and gamers
- Game modes include Practice, League, Season, Home Run Challenge, Wii Remote Mode, and Success Mode
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Introducing MLB Power Pros, Japan's top-selling MLB series available for the first time in the U.S. MLB Power Pros delivers a unique flair to America's favorite pastime with an original visual style, pick-up-and-play gameplay mechanics, and deep gameplay modes. Available for the PlayStation2 and Nintendo Wii this fall, MLB Power Pros is sure to be a hit with gamers of all ages.
- An original "Power Pros" visual style in which cartoon-like version of MLB players are brought to life with player-specific facial details and expressions.
- Stunning MLB ballparks are brought to life with famous landmarks, bringing authenticity to every game.
- Amazing animations with incredible double plays, diving catches, and even home-run-robbing wall catches.
- Easy pick-up-and-play mechanics in both pitching and batting, allowing both novices and gamers a game of instant fun.
- Game Modes:
MLB Power Pros features several different game modes including Practice, League, Season, Home Run Challenge, Wii Remote Mode (for Nintendo Wii), Success Mode, and more!
- Season Mode: Players become an MLB team manager with the goal of winning the World Series Championship by controlling all aspects of the team, whether it be training players, purchasing better equipment, or making trades.
- Success Mode: Assumes the role of a college baseball player trying to reach the Big Leagues by training in games while dealing with real-world situations like academics and part-time jobs.
- Nintendo Wii Features:
- Power Pro via Wii Remote: Play Home Run Challenge or Match-up Mode utilizing the Wii remote. Hit and pitch with the motions of the Wii remote.
- Import your Miis! Select Miis stored on your console or Wii remote to bring into your game! Players can choose a single Mii to play on a team or populate a team with up to 10 Miis!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Don't get me wrong, this game is REALLY fun, but I was a bit disappointed that there was no wii motion capability. But that's alright because the gameplay makes up for it.
- Graphics are cartoonish and generally basic.
- Gameplay is fun with the pitches and hitting.
- You will play on hours end because you want to perfect your hitting and pitching
- Music is a nice addition to the environment of the game
Good buy, if you want to stick with the basic, fun gameplay. Otherwise, mlb 2k10 and up are more realistic, if that's what you want to go for.
Player animations are fluid and entertaining, and the visual style is compelling. While it's undeniable that the player models are more childlike than a traditional baseball sim, they blend surprisingly well into the more realistic ball park locations.
The customization is endless. You can create your own team, players, and jerseys, and for the more hardcore gamer you can tweak all aspects of the gameplay from player and team play style to pitch selection and AI.
My only complaint is that with all the customization possible, wading through lots of menus can become tiring. This of course can be avoided if you prefer to play exhibition or Wii modes.
Overall, it's a welcome addition to the Wii library, and finally gives the United States a taste of a classic series that has been popular in Japan for many years.
Apparently this is a port of a PS2 game, but the port over to the Wii seems very solid. I only wish there was more use out of the wiimote besides the limited use it has. Awesome game and a great pick up at the price. Could easily be a full price game.
Original review: Retiree here. This is my first baseball video game. I am using the Wimote/Nunchuck only. In the easiest modes, this is very entertaining. The wimote mode is fun. It's great seeing every major league park, in excellent detail. Rather than repeat earlier reviews, I'll add a few things. I find hitting very difficult. I went to the practice mode to practice hitting, and I still have a tough time, lining up the sweetspot with a fast moving baseball. The fielding is starting to come together. I'm going to stick with it because the graphics are good, and the game has great potential. I gave it 5 stars because I didn't want to penalize it for my shortcomings. I would appreciate any tips.
Most importantly, the game play was very realistic even if the game itself didn't look realistic. I heard that the more realistic looking game like "The Bigs" failed to deliver on realistic game play.
If there is a modern version to this game I recommend it.