Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
MMS Card Control by Arthur H Buckley - Book
|Price:||$9.93 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Perform incredible magic with skillful deception that will AMAZE your friends and family
- Easy-to-learn & FUN to perform
- Great GIFT for the magic hobbyist or professional
- Learn the SECRET! Customize and create YOUR own magic
- Includes clear, step-by-step instructions as needed
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. SLEIGHTS An outstanding compendium of card sleights. Features dozens of top/bottom palms, many fascinating false shuffles(Hindu, overhand, dovetail), a one-handed double lift, and (my favourite!) a multiple strip-out palm steal.
2. CONJURING AT THE CARD TABLE A number of techniques and routines based on gambling artifices. This section features several excellent second deals (one of them one-handed!), methods of restoring the cut, culling and stacking methods.
3. MANIPULATIONS Difficult back-palm routines and sleights in the Cardini style. Many of these principles, most suitable for stage or platform, are rarely used today. Nevertheless, I have used some of them successfully in a close-up context, primarily as flourishes. NOTE: Buckley back-palms a full pack of 52!!
4. 40 EXPERIMENTS An excellent collection of intermediate and advanced card effects. NO PROPS, NO FAKES, NO DUPLICATES! Each effect features enough fine ideas to suggest several new directions to the careful reader.
ENJOY THIS BOOK - it is highly underrated, even among magicians. THANKYOU!
It has loads of fantastic card sleights, whilst they do need a lot of practice it is worthwhile, as once you have them in your fingers they will never be forgotten.
All of these slieghts are extremely useful. The book is divided into different sections of tricks.
There are tricks for close up and for stage although some may need some imagination to update them, also there is a special section on crooked gambling.
All in all a good book with lots of photographs of Buckleys hands, he was a great card worker.
Buy it if you already know all the basics of card magic well.
The instructions are generally clear, but sometimes a detail here and there gets a little confusing. There's a fair number of photos showing how to do many of the sleights.
Sometimes a sleight is a little more complicated than it needs to be. My recommendation is to follow the author's steps in slow-motion with a deck of cards in hand. After you are familiar with the overall effect, you can make adjustments based on what your comfortable with. There may also be other newer methods for learning these sleights if you want to invest in newer card sleight instruction (such as the Daryl Encyclopedia of Card Sleights videos, etc.).
Right now, I'm working on the side steal sleight. He gives a T. Nelson Downs version which has some merit, but it is much more complicated than necessary. The author's own version is a little more do-able. But even the author's method becomes a little too fidgety, so I've made minor modifications to make it work well for me. I start in slow-motion, counting through the substeps to keep pace while I do the move (1..2..3..4). Then I repeat it until I can bring it up to full speed.
If you want to learn sleights for cheap, try this book. You may have to pick and choose through the sleights, and there may be better methods to perform some of these sleights now, but it's not bad for under $10.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is chuck full of just knarly card tricks and if you are looking to take some of your buddy's money at the card table which alone is worth the money check it out.Published 16 hours ago by Amazon Customer
This book is very comprehensive. The techniques could take a lifetime to master. Arthur Buckley writes clear and concise instructions. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Eddie
This is a phenomenal book. There are so many sleights and tricks in here it is unbelievable. Ranging from card manipulation to false deals to shifts to blind shuffles, I'm honestly... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Amazon Customer
Book came brand new just as described, spine hadn't been opened big or anything, pages were crisp and white. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Matthew Warren
Sleights so advanced only the most dedicated should pursue. This is masters to doctorate level card magic; something you'll seriously tackle after long years with Erdnase, Hugard... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Lee Scott
A person reading this must know how to convert words to moving pictures. And must have prior to full knowledge of basic handling of cardsPublished 20 months ago by @princeforeal
Just amazing that you can get this for Kindle! To be perfectly honest, it's not the best way to read a book on magic, but it's done properly for Kindle and is great reading. Read morePublished 24 months ago by Anthony Metivier
However, be prepared to spend some time with this "manual." You must work and re-work the tricks until you are confident that you can fool your friends. Read morePublished on January 2, 2014 by D. C. Morton