MOTOACTV 8 GB GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$179.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Precisely track your running and biking outside and in the gym; wireless upload of your workout data to MOTOACTV.com.
- MOTOACTV 8GB smart music player learns what songs motivate you.
- Set goals and start racing against them; audio coach gives you updates and keeps you going.
- MOTOACTV is sweatproof, rain resistant, scratch resistant with intuitive controls. Touchscreen display adjusts to sunlight.
- Included in the Motorola Retail Packaging: MOTOACTV 8GB, Motorola SF200 Sports Headphones, MOTOACTV Clip, Wall Charger with Data Cable, Quick Start Guide. (Compatible MOTOACTV Heart rate monitor not included.)
Another GPS Watch to Consider
Check out the new TomTom Multi-Sport GPS watch with a sleek design and an extra-large display.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Size (LWH): 3.6 inches, 5.32 inches, 4.61 inches
- Weight: 5.76 ounces
Compare to Similar Items
This item: MOTOACTV 8 GB GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
TomTom Runner GPS Watch (Grey) B00D7LN7K4
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Big VALUE Inc||Harry's Accessories||Amazon.com||S&W Group|
|Display||Information not provided||Information not provided||Glass||Glass|
|Dimensions||4.61 inches x 3.6 inches x 5.32 inches||7.1 inches x 3.51 inches x 1.11 inches||3.66 inches x 4.13 inches x 3.66 inches||3.66 inches x 5.83 inches x 3.66 inches|
|Item Weight||0.36 pounds||0.16 pounds||0.42 pounds||1.01 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
MOTOACTV is a cutting-edge GPS fitness tracker, heart rate monitor enabled* and smart MP3 playerpacked into a small, sweat proof and stylish device. It’s an evolving platform capable of receiving software updates that enhance features and enable new functionality.
GPS and Accusense technology track your running, walking and cycling data like time, distance, speed, calories burned and heart rate*. You can monitor your performance directly on your device and online at the Free MOTOACTV Training Portal. The smart MP3 player stores hours and hours of your favorite songs and actually "learns" what tunes motivate you the most.
World’s First GPS Fitness Tracker and Smart MP3 Player. All in one.
GPS FITNESS TRACKER: TRAIN SMARTER
MOTOACTV's GPS and AccuSense™ sensors track your distance, time, speed, heart rate* and calories burned so you can monitor your workouts. Also integrates data from optional sensors with ANT+ and BLE technology such as heart rate monitors, pedometers and bike sensors.
The Life Tracker provides ongoing Tracker - tracks steps and calories burned right on your watch screen.
SMART MP3 PLAYER: IT KNOWS WHAT MOVES YOU
MOTOACTV learns what songs motivate you by measuring your performance against your music. And it uses those songs to create a personal high-performance playlist. Your playlist is more than just workout songs; they're songs that push you to work—harder than ever before. Need an extra kick? Choose a Fit Song and get one-touch access to the one song you feel motivates you most. It syncs with both your iTunes and Windows Media MusicAn FM radio is also included for tuning into the TV radio transmitters at the gym, or just enjoying some radio programming.
WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: NO STRINGS ATTACHED
MOTOACTV lets you enjoy a completely wireless workout while keeping you in touch with the things that matter most. Rock out wirelessly via stereo Bluetooth® enabled headphones (sold separately). Have your performance data wirelessly transmitted from your device to the Free MOTOACTV Training Portal via Wi-Fi. Download the free MOTOACTV App and get texts and calls delivered right from your Motorola Android smartphone. How's that for freedom?
HEART RATE MONITORING: TUNE IN TO YOUR HEART
You can connect MOTOACTV to a heart rate sensor to really see how you perform. You can connect to any ANT+ or BLE enabled sensors like the Heart Rate Monitor chest strap for MOTOACTV. Customize heart rate zones in MOTOACTV, to ensure your working out smarter not harder.
MOTOACTV TRAINING PORTAL: RESHAPE YOUR ROUTINE - FOR FREE
You can plan your workouts, create long-term goals and analyze your performance right online at the MOTOACTV Training Portal. Just visit the MOTOACTV Training Portal and sign in with your MotoCast ID (device setup required). Your workout data is automatically uploaded to the site wirelessly from your device so you can chart your progress effortlessly.
SWEAT PROOF, RAIN RESISTANT, AND SCRATCH RESISTANT
MOTOACTV is built for your toughest workouts. That means it’s sweatproof, rain resistant and scratch resistant – like you.
TOUCH SCREEN DISPLAY: REACH OUT AND TOUCH MORE
Who wants to futz with confusing controls? MOTOACTV's display provides quick and easy access to the data you want most. And it automatically adjusts to lighting conditions so it’s totally clear, indoors and out. MOTOACTV also features a scratch-resistant 1.6" Corning Gorilla Glass to hold up to your toughest workouts.
MOTOACTV ANDROID APP: YES, IT’S MOBILE
This free app does two amazing things. First, it allows your Motorola Android smartphone to communicate with you through your MOTOACTV device and headphones. When your phone is within Bluetooth range, you can answer calls and receive text messages. Just as cool, the app syncs up with your MOTOACTV Training Portal data so you can analyze your info and manage your fitness plan.
TOOLS AND GOALS: REACH YOUR PEAK
Maximize your free time by scheduling a walk, run or ride online with the Free MOTOACTV Training Portal’s planning calendar. It's a great way to stay on schedule, save your routes and introduce new workouts to your routine. You can also set fitness goals like weight loss and workout frequency, and monitor your progress in our Goals section. Just go to MOTOACTV Training Portal to get started for Free.
AUDIO COACH: MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT
The audio coach helps keep you moving and grooving on your walk, run and ride with updates on your pace, split times and more.
EASILY UPGRADABLE: IT’S ALL ABOUT IMPROVEMENT
MOTOACTV is a smart, ever-evolving device that is capable of receiving software updates. This allows us to add new features and functionality, as well as ensure the user experience is as optimized as it can be. We also welcome feedback on features you’d like to see added and enhancements we can include in future updates. We review all comments posted on our support forums and other online communities to inform our priorities and develop software releases accordingly.
MOTOACTV: SPECTACULAR SPECS and UNRIVALED COMPATIBILITY
Choose between two MOTOACTV models – 8GB or 16GB, both capable of storing hours and hours of your favorite heart pumping music to keep you moving through your workout. Features a tough and scratch-resistant 1.6" Corning Gorilla Glass display that automatically adjusts to lighting conditions. Sweat proof and rain resistant. MOTOACTV is compatible with most ANT+ and BLE devices like Heart Rate sensors, pedometers and bike sensors like power meters and speed/cadence sensors.
Select MOTOACTV Specifications
|Size:||46 x 46 x 9.6 mm|
|Display:||1.6-inch Trasflective TFT, QCIF+ 176x220 (optimized for Indoor/Outdoor)|
|Supported Audio Formats:||AAC, AAC+, MP3|
|Storage:||8GB capacity (16GB also available)|
|Connectivity:||3.5mm Headset, USB 2.0 HS|
|Bluetooth:||Stereo Bluetooth Class 1.5|
|Sensors:||ANT+, BLE, Accelerometer|
|Standby Time:||325 hours|
|Playback Time:||20 hours|
|Workout Time:||10 hours indoor, 5 hours outdoor|
Motorola Accessories for MOTOACTV
Pulse-pounding workouts require intense focus. The Motorola Accessories for your MOTOACTV Fitness Tracker and Smart Music Player keep you on target and in the zone. No messing around with different mounts, clips or straps. Snap in your MOTOACTV device and get at it.
Top Customer Reviews
It is clear that Motorola identified an unmet market need with this product: a small, fitness-specific GPS device with a built-in MP3 player. That was exactly the feature set that I had been searching for. The alternatives on the market fell short for different reasons:
- iPod Nano, 7th generation: GOOD: small, clip + watch + armband options, music, Nike+ app; BAD: No GPS
- Nike+ Sportwatch, Garmin Watches: GOOD: GPS, small; BAD: No music, watch only
- Smartphone apps (e.g. Runkeeper, Endomondo, MapMyRun, Nike+): GOOD: GPS, cheap or free, most offer music; BAD: requires bulky smartphone, varying quality software
Despite having a feature set that separated it from these alternatives, the MOTOACTV is a first-generation device supported by first-generation cloud-based fitness tracking software. As a result, the device shipped with key flaws, not the least of which was poor battery life and inaccurate GPS accuracy. These types of issues should have been fixed before this product hit the market, but my guess is these flaws were a result of the product team being pushed to get the product out before the holiday shopping season. The nice thing is that in this day and age, the concept of "rapid prototyping" is all the rage. It's now okay to ship a half-baked product, solicit tons of input from early adopting customers, and offer frequent firmware updates to fix major and minor flaws.Read more ›
We don't actually have a preference for the 8GB product, but we did release the last couple of software updates on the 8GB devices ahead of the 16GB versions. At this point they are both on the same software and we don't anticipate another "split" in the release schedule.
I hope you will consider joining the Motorola Owners' Forums (https://forums.motorola.com/hives/db0dbf
I have tried several other GPS running watches and the MOTOACTV is by far the best experience in my book. The first watch I purchased was the Nike Sportband. It was not very good. The screen went out on me after several months and I was limited to only Nike shoes where I could put the pod into the sole. It was not very sweat resistant and I kept having problems with sweat getting into the USB plug in. The watch did not have GPS so the distance calculations were not as accurate as I would have liked either. Overall not impressed. The MOTOACTV is so much better I almost feel ashamed to compare them.
The next watch I got was the Garmin 305. I felt like I was wearing a toaster oven on my wrist that thing was so big! It seemed like it took quite some time to acquire satellites as I was always waiting for it to lock on with the GPS. It was also not very comfortable to wear. The included software was pretty bare bones and, while it provides good info, was not all that user friendly or "immersive". It was nice to have the heart rate monitor but being a recreational runner I never felt like I needed it or really was making any good use out of it. Overall the Garmin performs basic functions well but the MOTOACTV really just out-classes the Garmin with all the functions at it's disposal including the more user friendly experience, small size, awesome screen, music playing ability, etc.
This brings me to my most recent purchase prior to the MOTOACTV....the Nike Sportwatch GPS.Read more ›
If you need help or want to join a group of other MOTOACTV owners, please visit us on the Motorola Owners' Forums (https://supportforums.motorola.com/commu
- The screen is gorgeous. Color. Good definition. Much better than the garmin 610 and the Nike+ GPS Watch. It's bright too. If you're running at night - it's almost like having a light on your wrist (although it does dim itself to conserve battery). No need to press the light button (garmin or nike) - you can see your metrics in the dark.
- Because of the additional real estate - it can get more more metrics on the screen (4, plus time and distance which appear to be default). Like the Garmin, you can have multiple screens and either automatically rotate, or manually swipe as you're running.
- Google maps built in. not something you're going to use everyday - but it will show you where you are currently on the map. if you're out of town - a nice feature to have to stop you getting lost.
- Reminder function - put workout calendar into their website - syncs to watch. It'll tell you - you're supposed to do 6 @ 8:00/hour at 8am. Then when you start - it tells you how much further you have to go etc
- You get vocal feedback when listening to headphones. A computerized female voice tells you fast lap times, how long you have left to run etc. I haven't looked into whether it's possible yet, but I imagine you'll be able to have it speak your mile lap times.
- MP3 - syncs with itunes for music, podcasts etc. Eliminate that ipod.
- Syncs to your motorola phones (and others if you need) so that the watch becomes the caller ID screen and allows you to answer while running - piping the sound to the headphones.Read more ›
- Battery life: As you said, the last update provided big gains. I will say that more are on the way in the next update.
- While the screen is touch sensitive - you can't use it with gloves: This is a standard issue with most touch screens and there are gloves for that, but point taken.
- Water resistance: We are comfortable saying owners can use MOTOACTV in light rain, etc., but not submerged.
- Watch function - Doesn't 'stay on' - you need to push a button to display the time: While it's not a watch (which you point out), we have been listening to comments on this topic. The engineering team is looking at some interesting approaches to making it work better as a watch. I don't have any timing but stay tuned.
- The 'watch strap' doesn't come as standard! (although at the time of writing this - you get a watch strap free): True, that. Again, we are watching owner comments closely to make sure that we provide the right accessories at a price that works.
Hope you continue to enjoy yours -- stay tuned for the next software update! One good way to stay in the know is to join the Motorola Owners' Forums (https://forums.motorola.com/hives/db0dbf
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this device! It's great that I can leave my phone in a locker while I still have music capabilities to my Bluetooth headphones.Published 6 months ago by Zachary Taylor
This is a good product, but I need to return it because it does not have all the functions I need.Published 9 months ago by carmen oostburgsanz
Have always loved the device and hate that it was discontinued. It does occasionally have some bugs but for me it is the best device on the market, even now.Published 11 months ago by Brent
I love this watch, I am sorry they are not making this model any more.Published 13 months ago by Greg Svenson
This one was flawed ended up getting a return off woot and it worked better than he new one.Published 13 months ago by Bryan M
Awesome watch, gps, trainer, mp3 player. After having been running for years using a basic gps I wanted something that would do more. This is it. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Darcy George
Purchased the 16GB version from Amazon a week or so ago. Unfortunately, the return/home button didn't work, so I returned it. Hence the 1 star rating. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Mendel Tomas
The worst thing ever! Doesn't want to work after 31 days after buying! And even I can't return :(Published 17 months ago by Marta