Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
MOTOROLA AC2600 4x4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router with Extended Range, Model MR2600
|Connections||Lan, Usb 3.0|
|Frequency Band Class||Dual-Band|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The Motorola AC2600 router provides a high-speed intelligent router link between all your WiFi and Ethernet devices and whatever Ethernet-capable modem you choose for Internet access. The MR2600 delivers very high speeds and extended range even when you’re far from your router or surrounded by WiFi noise from neighbors. (Note that this router does not have a built-in cable modem or other type of modem.)
- Connects via AC2600 dual band WiFi or Gigabit Ethernet to all your HDTVs, smartphones, game stations, computers, tablets, and more. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, gaming connections and much more can be delivered to many devices at the same time through the MR2600’s 4 Gigabit LAN ports or through WiFi.
- Four external adjustable antennas provide concurrent 4X4 performance for both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connections. 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology dramatically speeds up your network, allowing high-speed communication with multiple WiFi devices.
- Implicit and explicit Beamforming targets the WiFi signal to each of your WiFi devices resulting in blazing fast WiFi speeds and extended range.
- Router features include a USB 3.0 port with DLNA media sharing support, a Dual Core processor, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) support, user-friendly firewall, IPv4 and IPv6 support, parental controls, guest network capability, and more. Expert, friendly support from the USA. 2 year warranty from Motorola, a company you trust.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
The Motorola MR2600 AC2600 Dual-Band Router provides a high-speed intelligent link between all your local WiFi and Ethernet devices and whatever Ethernet-capable modem you choose for Internet access. The MR2600 delivers very high speeds and extended range even when you’re far from your router of surrounded by WiFi noise from neighbors. The MR2600 connects via AC2600 dual band WiFi or Gigabit Ethernet to all your HDTVs, smartphones, game stations, computers, tablets, and more. Four external adjustable antennas provide concurrent 4X4 WiFi performance at both 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHz. Implicit and explicit Beamforming targets the WiFi signal to each of your WiFi devices resulting in blazing fast WiFi speeds and extended range. 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output) technology dramatically speeds up your network, allowing high-speed communication with multiple WiFi devices. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, and other video streaming services can be delivered to many devices at the same time through the Motorola's MR2600’s 4 Gigabit LAN ports or through WiFi. Router features include USB 3.0 port with DLNA media sharing support, a Dual Core processor, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) support, a user-friendly firewall, IPv4 and IPv6 support, parental controls, guest network capability, and more. The MR2600 features Motorola quality, a 2-year warranty, and friendly, professional support from the USA. Best of all, the MR2600 offers the value, performance, and attention to quality that make Motorola a leader in WiFi and Internet access products.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The aesthetic design of the Motorola MR2600 itself is very impressive. The Router doesn't look like it was made from cheap plastic, nor does it use an overly-glossy 'expensive' plastic that dust loves to rest on almost immediately. The Motorola logo makes this router seem more like a business appliance rather than just another consumer-grade router. It has one USB 3.0 port on the front of the device for NAS (Network-attached-Storage) devices, which is interesting, because it would be an absolute eye-sore for a hard drive enclosure to be connected in the front of the router, unless you keep your router in a closet somewhere. The bottom of the device has plenty of ventilation space for airflow.
If you were expecting Motorola to match the MR2600's industrial look by creating deep router software for immense customization, that might be hard to set up- You'd be mistaken. The router software itself is extremely easy to set up, you can be up-and-running in a minute or two by using the Basic Setup tool. Changing the SSID is also as easy as hitting the WiFi tab. It has every other feature you've come to expect from a router being released in 2018. The more advanced router options have a small information bubble, that when moused over, offer a short but accurate description of what each option does.
The average consumer will be happy to know that the MR2600 is easy to set up, but a power user such as myself was slightly disappointed at the available options as of Software Version 1.0.4.
The range of this Router was far superior than my previous AC1750 Router. the 5Ghz band covers my entire Townhome and then some, while the 2.4Ghz band makes it to the other side of the street. Keep in mind I live in a relatively highly populated area with roughly 25 SSID's visible at any given time. My previous router could only produce a 5Ghz signal for about 400 Square feet and a 2.4Ghz signal of roughly 2000 Square Feet. The MR2600 can more than double that range. It did all this while pulling less electricity from the wall than my previous router.
To my knowledge, Motorola does not offer a mobile app for the MR2600 as of June 2018. I attempted to use the "Motorola MR1900" router Application for iOS. This application did not work with the MR2600. Most WiFi routers come with a mobile application nowadays, so it seems strange to release a router without one, in 2018. Ultimately, this may have no impact on your personal purchasing decision, as there are plenty of people who might see a mobile application that interfaces with their router as a potential breach in privacy.
Ultimately, the MR2600 is priced well, fast, and it doesn't do anything wrong. The only complaint I have is that it also doesn't do anything to differentiate itself from any competitors other than be priced well below most other AC2600 routers. I would infer that the low price is Motorola attempting to gain market share in the Home Router business, but there are plenty of upstarts that also offer compelling prices, of course those products have a certain stigma about them. That makes the Motorola MR2600 just slightly more compelling than other offerings.
I had a lot of technical questions before my purchase in an attempt to determine if the router would serve my purposes. The customer service and answers that I received before I even purchased the router were very prompt and detailed. I have nothing but praise for the service provided. And, of course, I am also very happy with my purchase.
Update: April 7,2019
I still like this Moto router, bigly. Recently, I had been getting "micro drops" in connectivity in both wired and wireless connections. These were always of very short duration and self-correcting, not requiring a router reset. I reinstalled my previous Linksys dual band router to verify the integrity of my incoming internet signal coming thru my paired Moto cable modem and there were no dropouts. After updating the original router firmware to the latest firmware release version, it is back to rock solid service. Again, particularly at its "sale" price point below $100, this is a continuing best buy.
So...Motorola wasn't on the FBI list of affected routers. Motorola talked to me within 2 minutes to find the right one. It works beautifully.
There is hope.