Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Motorola MG7700 24x8 Cable Modem Plus AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router with Power Boost, 1000 Mbps Maximum Docsis 3.0 - Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox and More
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$30.00 (15%)|
|Connections||Wi-Fi Built In, Ethernet|
|Frequency Band Class||Dual-Band|
|Data Transfer Rate||1 Gigabits Per Second|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to $156 per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
- Minimize shelf space and improve cooling - integrating the cable Modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design looks great in any home or office. A two-year warranty is the longest in the industry. Rugged Lightning and Power Surge circuits further protect your investment.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compatible with Most Cable Providers
Certified by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and other cable providers.*†
* Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, and other fiber optic, satellite, or DSL services.
† This cable modem/router does not have telephone jacks for the support of voice calls.
Fast Internet Speed
For other service providers, supported service speeds are similar to Comcast.
Connect All Your Devices
The built-in router provides high-speed shared Internet access to smartphones, HDTVs, computers, tablets, game stations, streaming media devices, and other Ethernet and WiFi devices.
Wireless WiFi Power Boost
Power Boost technology amplifies the wireless signal to the limit set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to deliver higher WiFi speeds and extend the WiFi range.
AnyBeam WiFi beamforming at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz focuses the wireless signal on your wireless devices to further enhance wireless performance.
Clean and Easy
Integrating the modem and router saves space, reduces wires and power cubes, and provides a single user interface.
|Product Type (This table only includes cable modems with a built-in WiFi router)||8x4 Cable Modem plus N450 WiFi Router||16x4 Cable Modem plus AC1600 WiFi Router||16x4 Cable Modem plus AC1900 WiFi Router||24x8 Cable Modem plus AC1900 WiFi Router||Cable Modem plus AC1900 WiFi Router plus Phone Service|
|DOCSIS 3.0 Channel Bonding||8x4||16x4||16x4||24x8||24x8|
|Certified for These Cable Internet Services. Typically Works with Many Others.||Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum, Sparklight (CableOne), WOW!||Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum, Sparklight (CableOne)||Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum, Suddenlink, WOW!, Sparklight (CableOne)||Comcast Xfinity, Cox||Comcast Xfinity (Exclusively for Xfinity, not other cable services.)|
|Recommended by Comcast Xfinity for Internet Service This Speed Tier or Below||200 Mbps||300 Mbps||300 Mbps||600 Mbps||600 Mbps|
|Maximum Internet Download Speed (Actual speeds are lower)||343 Mbps||686 Mbps||686 Mbps||1000+ Mbps||1000+ Mbps|
|Built-in WiFi Router||N450 3x3, Power Boost||AC1600 3x3 / 2x2, Dual Band, Beamforming, DFS||AC1900 3x3, Dual Band, Power Boost, Beamforming, DFS||AC1900 3x3, Dual Band, Power Boost, Beamforming||AC1900 3x3, Dual Band, Power Boost, Beamforming|
|WiFi Power Boost for Extended Range and Faster WiFi||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Gigabit Ethernet Ports||4||4||4||4||4|
|Telephone Ports (for Xfinity Voice)||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Is There a No-Router Version of This Product?||Yes, MB7220 (8x4 Cable Modem)||Yes, MB7420 (16x4 Cable Modem)||Yes, MB7420 (16x4 Cable Modem)||Yes, MB7621 (24x8 Cable Modem)||Yes, MB7621 (24x8 Cable Modem)|
Compare with similar items
This cable modem includes a built-in AC1900 3x3 wireless gigabit router that provides the range, wireless speeds and networking support need for multimedia, Internet video and high-performance networking in a home or office. Power Boost technology amplifies the wireless signal to the legal limit in the U.S. AnyBeam implicit beamforming at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz focuses the wireless signal toward the wireless clients. Both Power Boost and AnyBeam extend range. Together, they provide the fastest and most robust connections over the largest possible range, for virtually all client types.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Edit: Just want to update that the modem have been solid for the last 4 months. Signal is strong covering 3400 sf home.
About a year later, I needed to replace my modem, so I figured why not buy one device that could replace both my modem AND the Orbi? I decided to get this MG7700 since its beam forming and power boost features sounded like they might be enough to overcome my home’s WiFi coverage challenges, without needing a mesh router with an extra satellite unit.
Well, it turns out I was wrong. Even though this is a much more expensive and fancier router, it still has the same problems providing a strong wifi signal throughout my home that I had with my original older cheaper router. So I’m going to return this MG7700, buy a new cable modem, and continue using my Orbi mesh router.
(Apparently 5ghz signals have more trouble going thru walls etc compared to 2.4ghz... I saw that when I connected my iPhone to the 5ghz SSID, it lost that connection in a far corner of my house, but in the same spot my iPhone could still see the 2.4ghz SSID).
WiFi coverage issues aside, I did like this product... setting up was easy; I just plugged it in, went to the URL given in the instructions, and then I was prompted to sign into my Xfinity account; activation took under 30 minutes (I didn't hang around to wait).
Since this is dual band you have one SSID for 2.4Ghz and a different one for 5Ghz (you can also have one or two separate guest networks if you like). This is nice because it gives you more control over which device you want to have on which network, but keep in mind that although 2.4Ghz is more susceptible to interference than 5Ghz, it has less trouble going through walls; for instance in my kitchen nook my iPhone 7 disconnected the 5Ghz network but could still see the 2.4Ghz network in WiFi settings. To reduce this problem somewhat you can set both SSIDs to be the same and leave it up to your devices to choose, and that's what I did (side note - the Orbi uses the same SSID for both and you can't make them different - that's probably the best way to go if you have good coverage for both networks).
The status and configuration pages are usable; I've seen better and worse on other similar products. One thing I miss that most other routers seem to have is a place to see all connected devices at a glance, instead you can only see wireless devices, and you have to view the 2.4 and 5Ghz devices on separate pages. There are tons of advanced settings that I didn't play with but nearly everything has an info popup with explanations.
Physically it's a decent looking device with a simple appealing design. It is not as big and ugly as the Xfinity combo modem+router I was renting, and it also doesn’t resemble an alien spaceship with antennas bristling out like some other high performance routers. Having it stand vertically saves shelf space and the LED indicators are clear and fairly self-explanatory.
Combining the modem and router into a single device obviously makes for less clutter, but I discovered one downside - the firmware is NOT user-updatable. This is normal for cable modems, but every other router I've owned let me update the firmware. It's too bad they didn't allow updating of just the router functions of the device. The manual says that when there are updates they will be sent to your ISP for them to approve and automatically deploy - but I wouldn’t hold my breath!