Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on July 13, 2017
I really wanted the album for the cover art. The fact that the LP was in very good shape made this a real find. Very happy with the purchase.
on June 14, 2010
While I barely remember the Mr. Lucky TV series I have long been a fan of the Mancini soundtrack. My only other copy of this music was a prerecorded reel to reel tape that I enjoyed until I no longer had a tape player. I was very pleased to find this CD on Amazon as I have long been searching for a copy of this music.

The Mr. Lucky score is in the same genre as Mancini's earlier and more popular score for the Peter Gun TV series, but has a different character and is more lush and mellow than the more driving jazz of Peter Gun. If you enjoy the Peter Gun music this is definitely a CD to own. There are short cuts of the Mr. Lucky theme music on other Mancini anthology CDs, but this is the entire series music and has many tracks that are unavailable anywhere else.

Mancini was a great jazz composer and his music for the 1950s cop shows, Peter Gun and Mr. Lucky was some of his best.
on August 22, 2010
Mr Lucky is the sound track to a television series that ran for about two years in the late 1950's. The TV series did not last, but the music is Mancini at his best. Several of the pieces are descriptions of the Unique characters in the series. All the music in the C-D is Instrumental. If you like Henry Mancini or soft jazz sounds this is the album to buy. This sound track is the fore runner to Mr. Lucky. If you like the Mr Lucky CD you will love this CD. I highly recommend it.
on March 30, 2015
This album takes me back to my youth.

Chord changes and harmonies are strictly Mancini's. The jazz riffs are performed by the best musicians of the era.

I highly recommend this album.
on March 6, 2013
Henry Mancini at his best. I'm 61 years old and can't stand the trash can banging music created these days. This album, created for the Mr. Lucky TV series is something I've been looking for. My dear old dad used to play it, back in the 60's, on an LP so much that he wore out the grooves. Glad it's back out in MP3
on March 12, 2016
Excellent. Great music, excellent CD
on November 8, 2011
Henry Mancini dedicated his musical career to write mostly movies soundtracks(the Pink Panther,Charade,etc...) and tv soundtracks (NBC Mystery Movies, Believe it or Not, etc..) so this cd has most of the music of this early 60s tv show beautifully conceived by this eternal master of soundtracks.
on November 12, 2013
Henry Mancini at his best. The most beautiful music to relax by and enjoy for years to come. O would recommend this to anyone.
on September 1, 2013
Music still great - brings back many 50"s memories - If you're a nostalgia buff, this album is for you.
on February 15, 2002
I bought this album when it first came out and have not been able to listen to it since the early '60s. I can't descrive how anxious I am for the CD to arrive. After all these years I can still hear this music in my head. If you enjoy Mancini's music, this is a real find. For me, this is among his best work.