Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 410 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 468 reviews
on July 31, 2013
This sound amplifier is okay and useful. I can confirm that there is a higher than normal background noise like other users are complaining about. My elderly father uses it on the lowest setting in order to reduce the background noise. It helps him with normal conversations and with listening to the television set. He was frustrated with using his expensive hearing aid which would keep losing its batteries and would also last for like 1-2 hours. This device has a great battery life and last a pretty long time (almost a full day). No batteries to buy and its easy to recharge. This device has a lot of potential and is priced right. It just needs some minor refinements and testing.

I purchased two of these devices through Amazon.com since it was safer to shop through. I heard of a lot of complaints from people purchasing the item direct through MSA30x.com's website. Service and delivery through Amazon was quick and no-hassle.

Again, this device might help some people with minor hearing loss but if you need a louder device, this device might not be for you because of the enhanced background noise is not filtered well when you increase the volume. When you turn up the volume, you get more background noise or static. It basically drowns out the noise you want to hear when amplified too much. Overall, its a cost affordable device and might help those with minor hearing loss but its not perfect.
1313 comments| 302 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2013
It was not suitable for me. Not easy to use and controls difficult to adjust when in use. I have hearing aides.
on February 5, 2015
I was shocked that this actually worked! When someone wears thousand dollar hearing aids, it doesn't make sense that something so inexpensive could work. But it does just as well as the $1500.00 professional hearing aid. I purchased one for each year and keep them as my go-to back-ups.
on March 9, 2014
This was recommended by a guy who sells hearing aids. It is what he wears. I looked at amplifiers years ago when they were $200 and up and decided I would wait. In some ways I am sorry I waited but I bet I would not have liked the older versions as much. This works really great. I have had 25 - 30% loss my whole life and with the unit on lowest setting it is like a new ear! Comfortable, affordable, very small. The charge lasts 45 hours and the whole thing is easy to travel with.
on January 30, 2016
Good in every way with the different tips, some feedback but a big help at church and in crowds. IT is a little too loud (even on 1) at the office and I can't wear it when driving as it makes the engine noise roar (especially with the heater on), so I can't hear emergency vehicles. It is helping me with TV or in conversations.
on December 30, 2016
For the slight hearing problem, it cannot be adjusted low enough. However, stuffing a little cotton in the ear connection does the trick and allows adjustment over a wide range of volumes.
on December 8, 2015
This is my second purchase of the MSA 30X. Had the first one for over two years and lost it. This works better that my $2000 hearing aids.
on March 6, 2016
I was seriously impressed. I purchased it for my dad who was leery of trying hearing aids because of the prohibitive cost, but after he tried the sound amplifier, he was so excited to hear better that he bought some real hearing aids. Thank you and GOD bless you for this affordable alternative!
on June 13, 2016
I have 2 of these. At minimum volume setting, they still have static,(hiss), in the background The sound is something like one has their head in a barrel.
I suspect they would work best for someone with a moderate to severe hearing loss.
The similarly priced POWERTONE HEARING AID MODEL F138. Has better sound, without static(hiss)
The sound is lower pitched. I just went all out and bought a $199 CS 10 Sound Amplifier from
Clear Sounds in Chicago. $20 less than Amazon for left ear.
on August 27, 2014
Great little sound amplifier! I've bought 6 of them in the past, and they work great (so the person I buy it for loves it and says "Could you pick me up another one for so-and-so?" which is why I've ordered so many!). The really nice thing about them is that there's no battery to put in - those annoying TINY batteries that are so difficult for the elder and visually impaired to see and get into that tiny little slot! You just put them on the charger at night and you're good to go! They don't take long to charge up, maybe an hour or so, but it's fine to leave them on the charger overnight. One works in either ear, they're comfortable and for the price and fast shipping, they're excellent!! HIGHLY recommend!!!