|RAM||32 GB DDR3 2000|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
MSI Computer Corp. ATX DDR3 2000 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z87-G55
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Intel Z87
- 3-Way CrossFireX & 2-Way SLI
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
After about 5 days of use, I really like this board.
1) I like the UEFI BIOS and the fact that it can choose from a ton of devices to boot from and the order. I think there are 6 UEFI devices and 6 "normal" devices. I disabled the UEFI devices and have the following order for booting: USB Floppy, USB Memory Stick, USB CD-ROM, USB Hard Drive, CD-ROM, Hard Drive, Network. Basically, anything I could want to boot from, this will boot from.
2) There are 6 SATA ports
3) Stable given the minor annoyances below.
1) For whatever reason, this board had a hard time recognizing my SSD. I tried to install Windows 8 on it and it was an exercise in futility. it would install, then not boot because the drive would become unrecognized intermittently. Eventually, I used it as an excuse to get a 2TB SSHD and use the SSD as a program drive. This has been working well ever since, and the SSHD is pretty sweet to boot.
2) The board came with Intel ME drivers, but both times I tried to install them, the BIOS got BORKED - basically the menu and options were all screwed up, but the PC still booted and worked normally. I ended up re-flashing it because I couldn't make any BIOS changes with it in that state. I have absolutely no idea why this would happen, or even if the two things are related. But I haven't installed the Intel ME drivers since and it's been fine.
All in all, for the price, I am very pleased with this.
Now, here's the caution: Don't install any of MSI's own software into your operating system. Doing so destabilized my system. In particular, their Command Center software, which is where many of their other system overclocking operations are supported, worked ok at first, but then a software update came through and caused my machine to blue screen, and damaged the OS to the point where it had to be repaired and rolled back to the last prior working checkpoint. Once that was done, the system was stable and I backed it up. Just out of curiosity, I reinstalled the updated command center and once again I was presented with a blue screen. So I restored the system and systematically removed all of MSI's own utilities. (The various hardware drivers were just fine from their respective manufacturers for sound, network, video etc.)
A call to customer service, I got a lackluster support tech who quite frankly did! not! care! I told him I was pretty good with PC's, pretty much since there's ever been a PC, and had definitely tracked down a blue screen crash issue to their latest Command Center app over a virgin install of Windows 7. His response was, well, no-one else is complaining and it's been out for 4 days. He was uninterested in taking any further action. So I told him that he couldn't tell anyone else who called that they've never heard of a blue screen failure cause I just told them. Upon thanking him for his non effort, I removed all their utilities. System has been rock stable ever since.
Also one other thing I like about this is the BIOS screen, because its so user friendly, unlike my laptop BIOS screen...
So far with my build completed, It's turning out to be a great choice! Would highly recommend.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a great motherboard. So far its still working and doing what it does, 2 years later. I did OC in this system and I did not see any problems OC my computer. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Texas Madman
Beautiful board. Definitely my favorite Z87 motherboard for the price,
Highly recommended. Black and Blue Heatsinks... I am very pleased with this. Read more
This is an analog PWM motherboard perfect for the Z87 platform running on a 4+1/4+1 phase, not to be confused with an 8 phase VR. Read morePublished on April 14, 2014 by Daniel C.
I used this board in my new build. It works just fine. It's been about 5 years since I've built a PC, so I was a little taken back by the updated futuristic looking BIOS, but... Read morePublished on March 19, 2014 by Derek
I couldn't be happier - It supports my 2 GPU cards for an LTC mining build and its standing up very well to the extreme heat of those environments. Read morePublished on March 16, 2014 by Tommy