|RAM||32 GB DDR3 2133;DDR3 1066;DDR3 1333;DDR3 1600|
MSI Socket AM3+/AMD 990FX/DDR3/CrossFireX/SATA3 and USB 3.0/A and GbE/ATX Motherboard 990FXA-GD65 V2
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CPU: Socket AM3+/ AM3
- Memory: 4x DDR3-2133(OC)/ 1866(OC)/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066/ 800 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 32GB
- Slots: 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slots, 4x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slots, 1x PCI Slot
- SATA: 6x SATA3 Ports
- Ports: 2x USB 3.0 Ports, 12x USB 2.0 Ports (8 rear, 4 via headers), 1x PS/2 keyboard/Mouse Combo Port, 1x Coaxial SPDIF-out, 1x Optical SPDIF-out, 1x RJ45 LAN Port, Audio I/O Jacks
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The SATA connectors on the board are also difficult to use because their openings face to the front, rather than toward the case opening. And all the cables I have with 90-degree connectors are bent in the wrong direction.
Another slight disappointment, mentioned in at least one other review, is that it has only two USB 2.0 headers on the board, and no USB 3.0 header. This was not a big issue for me, since I'm the aforementioned case has no 3.0 front port, anyway. And the board does have two rear on-board USB 3.0 ports. But it's something others might want to know. Finally, to be really picky, the BIOS POST beep is really high-pitched and jolting.
Otherwise, though, I'm happy enough to give the board 4 stars. Generalized Windows 7x64 installed all the right drivers from a sysprep-ed drive automatically, except for the LAN and the USB 3.0 controller. I've had mixed results in the past using sysprep to transfer a system disk to new hardware. This was one of the least troublesome, and that's worth a star or two all by itself.
Unlike most other boards, this mobo has all the chips / intrinsic capability necessary to run multiple video cards at full speed on the PCI-e bus, as long as you don't choose a Sempron for your CPU.
Pros: CLICK BIOS IN AND OUT OF WINDOWS, usb 3.0, 990fx/nb950, runs AM3 and AM3+, 4 system fan and 1 cpu fan plug, onboard 6pin PCI-E for newer cards, latest bios already updated, external cmos reset in case an OC goes bad. I was able to over clock my G.Skill sniper 1333 to 1600 with 1 change while in windows with click bios. Audio is of very good quality.
Cons: none at this time.
I would recommend to anyone looking for an inexpensive board to run AM3 or AM3+ CPU.
My only con is that is does not come with PCIE 3.0 which is my fault for not checking before hand. I've only had this for about 3 weeks but at the present moment it has been great. One thing I can't stress enough is to make sure you load bios defaults as soon as you boot it up, you will notice the core temp running very high (65c) before doing so.
1. Nice build
2. clear CMOS in the back panel, u dont hv to open case
3. boots relatively quick
4. Some pins were provided to make Power+HDD LED /Power switch etc. makes it easy to install
1. Bought this MB thinking I can do overclock , I have same exact chipset/cpu in 2 other Gigabyte UD3 MB , so this is my 3rd build with FX990 Chipset +FX8350 CPU . With Gigabyte MB I have quiet easily overclocked it to 4.4 GhZ with no voltage change and 4.8 GHZ with abt 10% voltage increase. But my exp. with this motherboard in terms of overclocking is disastrous, I hv to admit I dont know much abt overclocking , all I know is increase multiplier and if it is unstable/unsuccessful then increase voltage. I used this knowledge and my success is Zero. Machine becomes really unstable after overclocking under full load. I have liquid cooler and 5 fan in my case, temp. is not an issue. I am sure overclocking can be done , but since it is not so easy I have to warn others.
2. BIOS is graphical , but at times confusing , did not like it at all. Not very responsive with mouse , misses clicks easily.
3. I can charge through USB in my Gigabyte MB even when it is switched off , strangely enough this is missing in this MSI MB. Dont know if I have missed this setting.
All in all I am thinking of returning this and get something else becasue of the instability issues.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this used and it is fast expandable and dependable.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
It arrived at my residence nonfunctional. I returned it for a refund.Published 12 months ago by Russell
It arrived on very good conditions, thanks.Published 12 months ago by Brayan Leonardo Méndez Molina
Good Mainboard for the price runs my home media server like a champPublished 19 months ago by Donnis
i have owned new this motherboard and all other pieces in Turkey. everything seems ok until when i press start button. Read morePublished on June 19, 2014 by Ahmet Yildirim
This motherboard meets all my expectations for updating the PC that I have, I love the compatibly with the AMD FX 8350 processor.
I recommend it.