MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97 GAMING 7
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Socket LGA 1150
- Intel Z97 chipset
- 3 PCI-E x16 3.0 and 4 PCI-E x1
- 1 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI
- 3-way CrossFireX and 2-way SLI ready
- USB Audio Power
- Killer Game Networking
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97 GAMING 7
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$40.40||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||CommerceSolutions||Entegron||Raysan and Carter||Amazon.com||Quantum Networks|
|Chipset Type||Intel Z97||intel_z97_express||Intel Z97||Intel Z97||Intel Z97||Intel Z97|
|Processor (CPU) Model Socket||LGA 1150||LGA 1150||LGA 1150||LGA 1150||LGA 1150||LGA 1150|
|Item Dimensions||10.6 x 14 x 3.2 in||11.7 x 13.8 x 2.8 in||3 x 13 x 11 in||3 x 14 x 11 in||2.1 x 10.4 x 12.9 in||12 x 13.5 x 3.4 in|
|Item Weight||4.05 lbs||3.25 lbs||2.2 lbs||1.98 lbs||2.5 lbs||3.96 lbs|
|Memory Slots Available||4||4||4||4||4||4|
|Ram Memory Maximum Size||32 GB||—||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB|
|RAM Technology||DDR3 1066||DDR3 1333||DDR3 1600||DDR3 1066||DDR3 2600||DDR3 1333|
|Total Pci Slots Free||6||6||6||2||—||5|
|Total SATA Ports||8||7||8||6||—||11|
MSI Z97 GAMING 7: LGA 1150, Intel Z97, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, 3 PCI-E x16 3.0, 4 PCI-E x1, 1 M.2 slot, Display Port, HDMI, Killer E2205 Gigabit LAN, ATX Motherboard
Z97 GAMING 7
AUDIO BOOST 2
Reward your ears with true quality and get ready for ear-drum shattering gaming with MSI Audio Boost 2! Less noise, crystal clear sound and the best audio components for truly sensational sound quality.
USB AUDIO POWER
When connecting multiple USB devices, most motherboards will be unable to deliver a strong 5V power signal to all USB ports. This is highly noticeable with high-quality external USB DACs where sound quality degrades as the motherboard is unable to deliver a perfect USB signal.
Only MSI USB Audio Power continuously delivers a stable 5V to the USB ports on motherboards, making sure you can continue to enjoy the crystal clear audio standard you expect.
KILLER E2200 GAME NETWORKING
The Killer E2200 Intelligent Networking Platform is built for maximum networking performance for online games and high-quality streaming media. Featuring Advanced Stream Detect, Killer E2200 automatically detects and accelerates game traffic ahead of other network traffic for smoother, stutter-free in-game performance and the competitive edge. With this exclusive, automatic traffic prioritization, games and real-time chat get priority over low-level system chatter, giving you the lowest latency for game data on the most controllable network hardware available.
PUSH YOUR SSD TO THE LIMIT
Enjoy a blazing fast system boot up and insanely fast loading of applications and games with MSI GAMING motherboards. We offer the next generation of high speed storage support through M.2 and SATA Express. M.2 and SATA Express transfer data through a PCI Express 2.0 x2 interface up to 10 Gb/s, making it 67% faster than SATA 3.0 solutions.
Guard Pro is a suite of features that protect your PC under the most extreme and harshest conditions.
- Circuit Protection
- Eco Power
- Humidity Protection
- High Temperature Protection
- ESD Protection
- EMI Protection
OC GENIE 4
OC Genie is the world's first built-in hardware overclocking technology on motherboards. With this one-second overclocking option we're giving you even more performance. Just hit the button and your PC gets another adrenalin shot. Delivering up to 20% of free extra performance for the CPU, memory and iGPU.
Top customer reviews
1) Nice layout
2) TONS of USB ports (8 3.0 ports and 2 2.0 ports)
3) Excellent 7.1 on board audio (granted you have good speakers or headphones). If you use the on board audio I recommend attaching direct power to that portion of the board, as stated in the instruction manual, because it does make a difference in the quality of the sound.
4) Array of features to assist in diagnosing issues during setup (The motherboard has a built in digital code reader. It's a little LED Display on the board that will show a code if the computer is experiencing an error. That code can then be looked up in the little book it comes with. Very nice feature. If there is no error, the LED display will show you the current CPU temperature. This is also very nice if you have a case with a see through side panel as you can quickly check the temperature.
5) The driver CD it comes with is clean and installs everything needed to get started. You get to choose what you want installed so you can avoid installing anything you might not want (bloatware).
6) The BIOS is very well designed and slick. Makes it a breeze to edit settings in style.
7) It's beautiful! There are built in red LED's on the board, those red lines you see, which add some nice flair.
1) After having used it for a while, the Killer Ethernet Software it comes with seems to do little. It actually slowed my internet down by about 60 Kb/s as it appears to put a limit cap on your speed based on the test it runs when it checks your download/upload speed. It could be raised to perhaps fix this issue, but I really have no use for it. Maybe useful to some, but I just turned it off. Just a tip if you want to use it: definitely tweak the settings, and see how it effects your internet.
1) Several spelling mistakes in the instruction manual and software manual
2) The software manual it comes with does not reflect the same version of BIOS on the board. However, they are similar, and it is very easy to figure out.
Overall, I am very happy with the motherboard. I would definitely recommend the MSI Z97 Gaming 7 board to anyone.
Did I mention it's beautiful?
Direct Audio Power for hi-fi buffs.
8 x SATA 6Gb/s ports!
Updated and improved UEFI for overclockers.
Cons: It can't talk to you.
UEFI is better than it was, but still has room to improve.
MSI BIOS updating is a daunting and scary task.
Other Thoughts: This is really an outstanding board and stands up against boards costing $100+ more. The looks and design of the motherboard are fantastic. MSI really hit the nail on the head with this "Gaming" motif. Love it!!!
Runs great and keeps my i7 4790k purring along at great temps and voltages.
Plenty of SATA 6 Gb/s ports and M.2!
However -and this almost made me take an egg away - the board will come with BIOS v1.0 or 1.1 and the newest version is 1.5. Version 1.4 is recommended to take full advantage of Devil's Canyon procs.
There are two common methods for updating the BIOS on this board to a newer version. The included BIOS/UEFI utility called "M 'Flash," and a MSI Windows app, called "Live update 6."
Both suck horribly! First of all - NEVER USE WINDOWS TO FLASH A BIOS. Yes I know there are a few of you out there that will say it worked for them. But you stand about a 50-50 chance of bricking your board by using the Live Update app.
But the M-Flash is only marginally better. I read countless blogs and forums and reviews about bad BIOS flashes or borked MSI motherboards using M Flash so I held off doing anything for about a month (mine had v1.1). Finally on a whim, I decided I needed BIOS v1.5 and tried the M-Flash. It went through fine and seemed to have been successful, but after rebooting...blank screen then power cycling -over and over. It was a bad flash and borked my board.
I went crazy and spent the next two days trying to fix this mess!!! Luckily this board has dual BIOS'es and a dip switch to flip back and forth. I was able to use a MSI Forum DOS Utility to reflash the bad BIOS (A) with the one from the back-up BIOS (B) and it worked!!!
But the average person shouldn't have to go through this. It was a huge pain and I came real close to an RMA. MSI needs to fix this BIOS update issue.
Just Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about.
But enough about the BIOS. Once I was back in business (and now with BIOS v1.5), this board is absolutely amazing. I love it!!!
Most recent customer reviews
Sent to MSI for RMA which cost me $24 after 4 weeks MSI sent me another dead on arrival board.Read more
Great features and overclocking was a breeze. Another great MSI Product.
- Most of the time, it doesn't display (no signal to monitor).Read more