Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 9, 2012
My Nvidia 9800GT card finally gave out on me so I decided it was time for an upgrade. This card consumes less power than my old one, stays cooler, and works great for both gaming and graphics-intensive design programs. All that at under $250 makes this the perfect upgrade. And just a tip: PCI Express is both backwards and forwards compatible, so this PCI Express 3.0 card will work on older PCs with PCI Express 2.0 slots, for example.
on December 30, 2012
Nothing about this card feels cheap, or second rate. The build quality is exceptional. If you wish to believe the marketing materials, then all the capacitors are solid aluminium core, which are not prone to bulging or leaking. There is a metal shim across the top of the card that prevents excessive flex. Each output is given a protective covering to prevent dust build-up when not in use. Even the packaging is very well done and safe.

The heatsink shroud appears to be aluminium instead of the cheap plastic found on many other cards. A substantial heatsink with decently quiet fans keeps the card sufficiently chilled. Furmark pushes the core temperature of this card to ~65C in my stock Antec 902 case. While the heatsink should receive most of the credit for keeping the GPU cool, it should also be noted that the GTX 660 is not at all power-hungry. Power consumption is roughly equal, if not lower than the direct competition (Radeon HD 7850).

A GeForce GTX 660, even over-clocked, is not likely to be the best performing card that can be bought in the 200-250 dollar price range. With only a 192 bit memory bus, the card is somewhat bandwidth constrained as well. However, I've had no trouble playing current games at the highest (or just below highest) settings at decent and smooth frame rates. The past few driver releases have given me no trouble whatsoever, and there are several useful rendering and performance features that can be applied using either a global profile, or game specific profiles. Adaptive V-Sync is my personal favourite.

Despite being a great product overall, the silicon is still mid-range. You won't be using it to play Battlefield 3 on three 1440p monitors. For single-monitor gaming though, this card should be sufficient for most gamers.
on October 15, 2014
A good, cheap gaming card. I'm living on social security so a $500.00 video card is out of my budget, but this card plays anything I throw at it. I play high end RPG games for hours at a time, no problems of any kind to report. I don't keep track of FPS and all that stuff, sorry. But if you need a reasonably priced card for a budget gaming system, this will work nicely.

I play fallout 3, new vegas, amalur, gothic 2, 3 and 4, etc.
Enthusiast: Cyclingon May 17, 2013
Very good card for decent build without breaking the bank. Haven't been able to play many games lately, but it pulls it off in Ultra and High settings as far as I've seen. Very quiet as well, can barely hear it over anything else, in fact it might be the quietest piece of hardware in my system. very good value card, that can be run in 2-way SLI if you're finding that you need more performance (Two in SLI will outperform a 680 for less money, but will consume more overall power).
on June 21, 2013
I dropped this kid into a machine with a cheap motherboard and an Athlon II X2 240. It's 2013. That processor is slooooooow by modern standards. This graphics card still got me an average of 58FPS in the Arkham Asylum benchmark, and it runs very cool at stock speeds, with very little noise. It's great, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

I've since upgraded my processor to an AMD FX 8320, but I still credit this graphics card with most of my gaming enjoyment. It delivers an amazing cost:performance ratio. I got it when Metro: Last Light was bundled with it, and I feel like I definitely made a good investment.

Just an aside, but the NVIDIA GeForce Experience software is very cool. It provides an automatic updater for your driver, but it also downloads game setting optimization templates and can configure your game to run the best it can on your machine. I love it. It takes a lot of the guess work out of configuring a game to run well on your hardware. I don't know if AMD's graphics cards do the same yet, but this is a great feature.
on May 28, 2014
The card arrived as expected with fast shipping and great pricing. MSI makes good products... the card is impressively quiet, runs cool under max stress and it looks great inside the machine. It is a VERY LARGE CARD so it'll only fix in big cases. The GTX 660 works well with Windows 8.1 and plays all the latest games at max settings. I'm using an Asus P8 z77 motherboard with Kingston Hyper X Genesis memory. The combination of graphics card, mobo and memory are important considerations if you're building your own gamer machine or adding this card to your existing computer.
on July 12, 2013
I was very worried I had a bad card, without going into to much detail I had some problems with battlefield 3, and Just Cause 2, but these turned out to be common problems for these cards with the 3.14 drivers. The newest 3.20 don't completely fix the problem but help a lot.

Anyway, I did a lot of research before going with this particular 660, these ones run the coolest and quietest, the ASUS ones run a little bit faster but hotter, louder, and are quite heavy. Also, I switched to a new case about a month of using this one and I could not get it to seat right on my new high end case. I think the weight of this card might of bent it in my old cheap case.

When I bought this I knew going in the 760s were coming out soon but I decided I didn't want to wait for them. Now since they're out, buy a 760 instead, for $50 you get a real nice performance bump.
on April 17, 2013
This card is very well built. I'd say its even beautiful, but tough. Inexpensive for top quality product. You get more for your money. I'm running two 27" LED Lit HP Pavilion monitors (1920 x 1080) with crystal clear graphics. I do a lot of video editing and this card is perfect. Ambient is 80 degrees and card never goes about 46c when rendering. I also like to listen to music on iTunes with either the Windows screensaver or the iTunes screensaver running and the card doesn't go above 35c. The iTunes screensaver would display only on one monitor but to sync on both screens I use the Windows magnifyer. The graphics are still crisp and vibrant. Card idles between 30 and 33. I'm running the P8Z77 Deluxe. Corsair 16gb mem set at 1600mhz. i7-3770K This card worked right out of the box with Nvidia GeForce software. I like the monitor sensor feature. You can easily adjust the settings to your liking. This card runs cool and quiet. Great buy for the money.
on August 29, 2015
I have owned this product for about three years, purchased November 2012. Since coming out of the box and installing it in my (then) new build, it has served me amazingly. I couldn't of been happier with this purchase. I still use it today, and average at least 60fps with max quality, easy-moderate graphic intense games.

I don't plan on getting a new graphics card for the next three years, because this one has served so great for the past three and has proved to be capable for future games.
on November 20, 2012
I bought this video card for a new computer build and I cannot be any happier with my purchase. it has performed great on all the following games...Battlefield 3, Black Ops 2, Skyrim, Aliens vs Predators, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis 2, Boarder Lands 1&2, World of Warcraft and a long list of others. in the long run this card which only costs $229.00 (when I bought it.) is well worth the investment.