Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on May 3, 2012
I got the MSI N560GTX - Ti twin Frozr II to accelerate my Folding at Home productivity. Folding at Home is a mass distributed computing project at Stanford that provides computer resources to medical research groups. Regular folks like you and me download projects from the Folding at Home website and run them on our home (or business) computers.

By running these projects our computer resources help researchers model and analyze medical research data for many diseases including Alzheimer's,cancers,etc. Project complexity and the computing resources required to complete them are measured by standardized points assigned to each project.

I wanted more points per day (PPD). After adding the Frozr II my productivity jumped very nicely and then after over-clocking my GPU and my CPU my PPD went from an original (CPU only) PPD of 10K to over 30k, a very nice result.

But, I was still not satisfied with my total production so, I decided to add another GTX 560 Ti to the board. Since the standard 560 Ti and the 560 Ti Hawk were selling for almost the exact same price (the Hawk was $2 cheaper) I bought the 560Ti Hawk and decided to do a head to head comparison.

To run the test both cards are mounted on the same board, in the same case, at the same time (not in SLI) with the same PSU running them. The project were started at the same time, the project codes were both the same, the point assignments were both the same (2510). This should be an exact head to head result.

My product review?:

To start with BOTH the 560 Ti Frozer II and 560 Ti Hawk use Fermi architecture. The product titles don't indicate the 560 Ti Hawk uses Fermi, but it does.

Two key differences between 560 Ti Frozr II and the 560 Ti Hawk: The Hawk uses Frozer III cooling (extra copper cooling and better fans) and comes stock at a higher clock rate (950)

Now for the test results:

The Folding at Home scores for PPD (Points Per Day) say it all:

The GTX 560 Ti Frozr II stock is 850Mhz. Over-clocked I topped it out at 970Mhz which resulted in a PPD rating for the GPU of about 18,000 PPD, running at 71 - 78 C in a 78 F degree room.
The GTX 560 Ti Hawk stock is 950Hmx, Over-clocked I topped out at 1050Mhz with a PPD of about 19,500 PPD running at 69 - 73 C.

No doubt about it: Buy the MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk. Right now it's less expensive and a better performing card.

(UPDATE: Despite several days of running at 970 the 560 Ti Frozer II dumped and dropped the clock down to 405. I reset it at 970 and it again dumped down to 405 after about an hour of running at 970. I have reset the Frozr II clock to 950 and it has been running w no problem for 24 hours now.

System Specs:
ASRock Fatality z68 Pro, Gen 3.
Core i5 2500k. (OC 4.4)
MSI GXT 560 Ti Frozr II. (OC 970)
MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk (OC 1050 )
CoolMaster 212+ EVO air cooler w 2 fans
Patriot Pyro 120 GB SSD
OCZ 750 W PSU
Win 7 64 bit
on November 26, 2012
Bought this single card to replace failing dual 9800 GT's in my 2008 Dell XPS 630i. The driver install disk failed to work properly in Vista. I installed the driver manually. Fan speed is set at a minimum of 40% and is slightly louder than the old 9800's at idle. At 100% fan speed the the twin fan noise level is low compared to the 9800's at maximum. Performance overall in games (Crysis, Doom3, AOE3) has been great. Idle temperature on the GPU has been 30c and temperature performance under full load has been good at 71c.
on September 21, 2011
Okay, so here's an update folks. I bought this card which also came with a free game btw. I don't know if Amazon mean't to send it; but, it was Lara Croft's Gaurdian game as well. The image they have above is wrong. The card is the MSI Twin Frozr 560 ti. I'm getting full load temps of 39 degrees while playing Crysis 2. Damn good for me. I haven't overclocked it, though. It's already factory overclocked and handles my video editing via Sony Vegas perfectly. I can't run 3 monitors yeat until I have my second car which I will be purchasing soon from Amazon. Left 4 Dead 2 constant 60fps no drops. Crysis 2 average of 54fps Ultra settings. Furmark benchmark 45fps/2678 score.

Specs:
i7-2600k CPU
MSI Twin Frozr Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 TI GPU soon SLI
8GB's of G-Skill ram
750 watt PSU Hec Zephyr
3x Samsung Monitors 18.5 with 23.6 widescreen
Case: HAF X
on September 30, 2016
Wasn't that great, fan ended up breaking after 1 year. Though it was still functional after the fan went out.
on February 4, 2013
I bought this card to bring my HP-1214 up to speed. Everyone that bought this PC knows the graphics card is the only thing holding this PC back from being great. The graphics card works great. I play WoW on Ultra with out fail.
on January 24, 2013
I bought 2 of these cards for a cheap SLI setup. Nice cards, easy install.

One thing of note is that for my application I needed a longer (120mm) SLI bridge to have clearance for airflow on the top cards fans.
on March 30, 2013
This will be my second one, I have them both running in SLI and its great, haven't had any issues.
on October 5, 2012
Even though this graphics card came out last year, it is still one of the best around in my opinion. With two cooling fans and two extra heat pipes, the Twin Frozr can run at a cool 60-70 degree range. Besides being ultra cool, the 560 ti packs a punch in the graphics department. I can run Skyrim, on ultra high settings with the latest HD texture mods. I can also play Battlefield 3 on ultra high. This graphics card is meant for a true gamer, and I am very pleased with my purchase.