|Memory Speed||2133 MHz|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450 GAMING PLUS Max)
|Processor Socket||Socket AM4|
|RAM Memory Size||DDR4|
|Compatible Processor Types||AMD 3rd Generation Ryzen, AMD 2nd Gerenration Ryzen, AMD Athlon|
|Chipset Type||AMD B450|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Lightning fast game experience: Turbo M.2, AMD turbo USB 3.2 gen2, storemi technology
- Ddr4 boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best gaming performance and stability. Please check the website for MSI in case of any queries related to the product and compatibility issues
- Audio boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
RED GAMING DNA
B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
The B450 GAMING PLUS is optimized for lightning fast performance. Red GAMING DNA lives on!
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4
- Core Boost: Optimized power circuits let GAMING PLUS MAX unleash maximum performance
- DDR4 Boost: Optimized traces and isolated memory circuitry
- Turbo M.2: NVMe support, up to 32 Gb/s using PCI-Express Gen3 x4, supports STORE MI
- PCI-E Steel Armor & Steel Slot: Reinforced and shielded connector
- Audio Boost with amplifier: Optimized gaming audio enhanced with Nahimic 3
ENHANCED BIOS COMPATIBILITY & CROSS-GEN RYZEN SUPPORT
MAX motherboards have been upgraded to support multiple Ryzen processor generations including Ryzen 3000 series processors.
Get more with Click BIOS 5, designed with an easy to use layout and advanced system tuning capabilities.
Core Boost is the latest advancement of MSI’s motherboard CPU power delivery system. A reserved zone of premium power delivery components on an optimized circuit design results in a highly efficient power system capable of precise current output to the CPU.
AMPLIFY YOUR GAME WITH AUDIO BOOST
Like a dedicated sound card, Audio Boost offers a HD audio processor, dedicated amplifier and high quality audio capacitors, all physically isolated from the rest of the motherboard circuitry to ensure the purest audio signal to locate enemies with pin-point accuracy.
FORTIFY YOUR SYSTEM WITH PCI-E STEEL ARMOR
MSI PCI Express Steel Slots are secured to the motherboard with extra solder points and reinforced to support the weight of heavy graphics cards.
UNMATCHED MEMORY PERFORMANCE
Get more out of high-performance RAM with DDR4 Boost. The memory circuit design has been optimized for short and fast transmission on a reserved section of the motherboard and compatibility has been tested extensively in partnership with major memory manufacturers.
YOUR IN-GAME ADVANTAGE
Outsmart and outperform your opponents in-game using an array of unique MSI GAMING tools. Clever hardware & software tools, created to keep you one step ahead of the competition and boost your skills.
Compare with similar items
MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450 TOMAHAWK Max) (B450TOMAMAX)
MSI Performance Gaming AMD X470 Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 DDR4 DVI HDMI Onboard Graphics CFX ATX Motherboard (X470 GAMING PLUS Max)
Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX) AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 B450
MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450-A Pro Max) (B450APROMAX)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Chipset Type||AMD B450||AMD B450||AMD X470||AMD B450||AMD B450|
|CPU Socket||Socket AM4||Socket AM4||Socket AM4||Socket TR4||Socket AM4|
|Item Dimensions||12.00 x 9.60 x 2.00 inches||12.00 x 9.60 x 2.00 inches||12.00 x 9.60 x 2.00 inches||12.00 x 9.60 x 1.50 inches||12.00 x 9.60 x 2.00 inches|
|Memory Slots Available||4||4||4||4.0||4|
|RAM Memory Maximum Size||64 GB||64 GB||64 GB||—||64 GB|
|RAM Memory Technology||DDR4||DDR4||DDR4||DDR4||DDR4|
Unlimited customization options and packed with exclusive gaming features, MSI performance Gaming motherboards offer the best possible gaming experience. Customize and set up your own color scheme with MSI Mystic Light utility. Select the available colors from the palette to match your system style. Bored of the same colors? Simply change the complete look of your system in 1 second! Cooling your PC is essential for reliable performance. We've made sure to include enough fan Headers with full control to allow you to cool your system any way you want.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So buyers beware, the motherboard seems to be working as expected, however, the layout is simply bad... the engineer behind this has been probably fired.
In the coming months ill be on the market for a third party cooling solution, was thinking about water cooling however, given that it blocks the top slots for fans/radiator Im not sure what Ill be able to pull off here.
Last but not least, my case is a Thermaltake SnowCommander.
Stay classy San Francisco
The one negative thing I would say is that the USB Flash Drive update strangely did not work with the first flash drive I tried. I had use my random cheapo flash drive and it worked.
1) newer BIOS versions (after march 2019) have limited OC functionality especially for the memory (due to small bios chip)
2) my ballistix sport 32BG kit rated 3200MHz stable only in xmp profile 1 (2933MHz) ,
xmp profile2 (3200MHz) passes memtest but unstable with windows and due to 1) i can't fix the issue with manual OC
3) its possible to change voltage via windows app but you need to get there which is not always possible due to 2)
I'll try to make memory work with earlier BIOS with full OC capabilities
(currently i have no need for ryzen 3000 support) ,
BUT this situation is unacceptable, users must be able to have full OC functionality with latest BIOSes
1. Would not properly detect a Samsung 970 PRO 512GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7P512BW). Tried both AHCI and RAID settings but neither would allow booting from the drive. Got to Win 10 with a different boot drive and the M2 SSD was viewable in the device manager, but not in the lower right section of Disk Management where you would assign a drive letter. Either a MB problem or a compatibility issue (hard to find drive compatibility documentation on MSI website).
2. Both memory slots had one side of the lock tabs unmovable from the lock position. This makes it near impossible to install memory. Thought this might be a slot style that had locking tabs on only one side but not according to the limited information in the manual.
1) Wanted to use the 3000 series Ryzen chips
2) Didn't need Gen 4 PCI-E
3) Wanted it to work, out of the box
The board delivered on all 3, perfectly. I paired this board with a Ryzen 5 3600. Because it was the "Max" model, no BIOS update was needed. I plugged in my chip, tossed on the included AMD Wraith Spire cooler, and away it went. I even jumped into the BIOS and did a quick overclock, just to test it out. Pushed the CPU up to 3.8ghz, no problem. Super quick and easy. Also recognized my XPG SX8200 m.2 drive immediately. Plugged my USB drive in, installed Windows, and the board automatically selected the m.2 as the boot drive thereafter.
I have absolutely no complaints. If you're looking for a B series motherboard to use a Ryzen 3000 series chip with (I would recommend staying at 3900X and below. VRMs might not like the 3950X), and have it work immediately with no extra trouble, this is a solid choice, and the right price.
Top reviews from other countries
Packaging was awesome came in bubble wrap marked as fragile.
About the MSI B450 motherboard-
It’s a beast in terms of gaming as well as other multi-utility functions
Unless you have one in hand I can’t tell you how beautiful this motherboard is I’m in love with MSI and will build my new PC all msi
It’s the best motherboard in this category you may find gigabyte or other motherboard bit cheaper than this but mind you it’s better than them interms of build quality,durability and also functionality
The RGB lighting is awesome but msi could have done more in upper region of the board
I would recommend customers to buy from Blue horse.i would buy more from this seller in future like I do from Appario retail pvt.ltd
Best product for mid-budget gaming.
Everything you want for gaming you can get it all with these (except for Wi-Fi & Bluetooth).
Mystic light control feature is cool planning to buy one soon.
Processor: AMD Ryzen 2400G
Mother Board: MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 CC-9011056-WW
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3000Mhz
SSD: Kingston SSDNow A400 480GB Internal
HDD: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB Internal
PSU: Corsair CP-9020098-UK VS Series VS650
Monitor: Samsung 23.5 inch (59.8 cm) Curved LED Backlit
Graphics Card: No need, Processor got it covered (Although planning to buy one later)
It should be noted that MSI non-max versions of the B450 Gaming Plus and Tomahawk are not entirely compatible with the latest generation Ryzen. I don't have any experience with Ryzen 2, so I cannot add any additional input, but it may be wise to consider the Max version, if you're pairing this with a Ryzen 2 processor.