MSI Performance Gaming Intel X299 LGA 2066 DDR4 USB 3.1 SLI ATX Motherboard (X299 Gaming PRO Carbon AC)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|CPU Socket||LGA 2066|
|RAM Memory Technology||DDR4|
|Chipset Type||Intel X299|
|Series||X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC|
|Memory Slots Available||8.0|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Supports Intel Core X-Series Processor Family for LGA2066 Socket
- Supports DDR4-4266+(OC) Memory
- M.2 Shield: Keep M.2 SSDs safe while preventing throttling, making them run cooler & faster
- VR Ready: best virtual reality experience without latency, reduces motion sickness
- Gaming LAN and Wireless support, powered by Intel.AUDIO BOOST 4 with NAHIMIC 2+: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Adjustable Heatsink Covers
Want your Gaming Pro Carbon to look even better? Besides using RGB LEDs to set up your system to any color, try the adjustable heatsink covers to completely change your system’s look and feel!
3 types included:
(3D print friendly design).
Stay Cool While Gaming
Cooling your PC is essential for reliable performance. We've made sure to include enough fan headers with full control to allow you to cool your system any way you want. MSI fan headers running in DC or PWM mode for optimal tuning of fan speeds and silence. Hysteresis also makes your fans spin up fluently to make sure your system stays silent, no matter what.
Mystic Light Software & App
Customize and set up your own color scheme with RGB Mystic Light. Select any of the colors from the palette using your smartphone or the MSI Gaming App to match your system style. Bored of the same colors? Simply change the complete look of your system in 1 second! With multiple colors available, you are the artist to create your own unique gaming rig.
Immerse Yourself Into Virtual Worlds
Integrating the very best of cutting edge technologies on MSI hardware provides a smooth VR ride. Through joint efforts with major VR brands, combined with unique MSI features geared to VR, MSI brings gamers and VR professionals a vivid and realistic experience in which content truly comes alive.
Built On Everlasting Quality
Using only the finest quality components and integrating the latest technological innovations delivers the best possible gaming and professional experience. Rigorous quality testing under the most extreme conditions ensures a super reliable, high performance motherboard.
Compare with similar items
MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC motherboard is packed with performance and personalization tools. With a sublime design and unlimited customization options, these GAMING motherboards let you game in style.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only downside is that the backplate does not fit on my Inwin 303. A full 5MM too wide which I thought might be my case not conforming to standards however atleast 2 other boards backplates (I/O shield) have fit without issue.
Had the backplate actually fit it would be a 5/5 no problem.
Top reviews from other countries
I sent it back for a full refund.
Few things you CAN do with this motherboard:
1. Remove the existing Intel-Wifi card from M.2 connector and replace with any Broadcom based wifi card for easy Hackintosh.
2. Run SLI/Crossfire with both the GPUs running on x16
3. Remove default NVMe heatsink completely and use your own heatsink for NVMe drives.
4. Add Thunderbolt 3 PCIe card for Thunderbolt 3 support obviously.
5. Add 4 RAM modules of same speed to run on Quad Channel memory.
6. Make a perfect Hackintosh if you follow internet tutorials.
1. This motherboard is a poor overclocker because of insufficient cooling for VRMs (Voltage Regulator Modules). All of internet says to avoid this motherboard if you want to set overclocking records.
2. Slow POST bootup with NVMe drives.
3. 1st M.2 slot for NVMe comes under the GPU... I mean seriously What The Frack? Who designs this nonsense?
4. Factory BIOS is unstable and needs to be updated to latest one from MSI website as soon as possible.
Few tips to enjoy pure UEFI booting experience:
1. Update to latest BIOS (v1.80 as of May 2018) and reset to factory defaults. Reboot.
2. In BIOS Disable CSM
3. Enable Windows 8/10 WHQL support
4. Fastboot Enable. (Don't enable MSI Fastboot. You loose access to BIOS most of the times because boot process becomes too fast to press Del to enter setup.)
4. For Hackintosh, BIOS -> OC Settings -> CPU settings -> CFG Lock -> Disable
Once up and running, everything is stable.
Rock and roll
The board is fast. One can tune it well and work excellent.