|RAM||32 GB DDR3 1066;DDR3 1333;DDR3 1600;DDR3 1800;DDR3 2133|
MSI V2 Socket AM3+/AMD 990FX/DDR3/CrossFireX and 3-Way SLI/SATA3 and USB 3.0/A and GbE/ATX Motherboard 990FXA-GD80 V2
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CPU: Socket AM3+/ AM3
- Memory: 4x DDR3-2133(OC)/ 1800(OC)/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066/ 800 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 32GB
- Slots: 4x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slots, 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slots, 1x PCI Slot
- SATA: 6x SATA3 Ports
- Ports: 4x USB 3.0 Ports (2 rear, 2 via header), 8x USB 2.0 Ports (4 rear, 4 via headers), 2x eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo, 1x PS/2 keyboard Port, 1x PS/2 Mouse Port, 1x IEEE1394 Port, 1x Coaxial SPDIF-out, 1x Optical SPDIF-out, 1x RJ45 LAN Port, Audio I/O Jacks
- Form Factor: ATX
- CPU: Socket AM3+; Supports 64bit AMD Phenom II X8/X6/X4/X3/X2, Athlon II X4/X3/X2 and Sempron Processors; Supports HyperTransport 3.0 speeds up to 5200 MT/s
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
* all 6 sata 6gbs + 6 cables all sata 6gbs 90 degree and normal .
* THX sound i love it better than my old ASUS 890FX crosshair fromula .
* super charge fast fast fast charge with no harm to your iphone .
* Click BIOS .
* 4 fan power connectors + 1 cpu fan connector bring the total to 5 .
* 2 USB connectors the red is super charge/normal the black gust normal USB connector .
* works on FX-8350 CPU + my old AMD Phenom X6 1090T .
* RAM 1866 is ok without OC cpu on my FX-8350 .
* only 4 USB 2.0 at back and 2 USB 3.0 .
* all 3 SLI SLI Bridge .
* Slots: Four PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (16x/0x/16x/4x or 16x/8x/8x/4x, supporting CrossFireX and SLI), two PCI Express x1 slots, and one standard PCI slot
The first PCI Express x16 slot (PCI_E2) always runs at x16 speed; the second PCI Express x16 slot (PCI_E4) always runs at x8 speed; the third PCI Express x16 slot (PCI_E5) runs at x16 only when the second PCI Express x16 slot (PCI_E4) is empty (otherwise, it runs at x8 speed); and the fourth PCI Express x16 slot (PCI_E6) always runs at x4 speed. This way, in order to achieve the best performance if you are installing two video cards, you should install them in the first and third slots, not in the first and second slots as it would appear more logical.
*no idea what is Debug LED .
rig config :
corsair 650D case
8gb DDR3 RAM 1866 CL9 Kingstone (1866c9d3k2/88gk)
HD 5870 ATI
After trying to use it for several months I had to downgrade my review:
I have only been building PC's since 1981 so I may not know enough to do what is correct.
Here is what's happening:
0. Under all circumstances, the system will run Linux less than 48 hours and then they crash totally -- only removing power will get them to restart.
1. Started with a Gigabyte motherboard, 990FXA with an AMD 9350 (9550?) processor, 16 Gb RAM, 750 or 850 watt (HIGH DOLLAR) power supply, and last generation AMD video card. Finally benched the Gigabyte mobo and bought an MSI equivalent. Installed all the bits into the new MSI board.
2. All situations running Linux, and tried several versions.
3. Fearing CPU overheating (and I'm monitoring CPU temps), I ordered a water-cooled cpu fan/cooler but haven't installed that.
4. Ordered and installed an AMD 8350 instead of the 9000 series AMD processor, and STILL get the same results. CPU temps never got above 50C, as I had psensor server send temps continuously to another Linux box.
5. I don't know if this is related, but in BIOS, the system would show the entire 16Gig of memory, but no version of Linux would see more than 8 Gig of memory.
6. I tried this with 1 3 TB SATA hard drive installed, 2 drives, and 2 drives mirrored. Made no difference. Systems would still completely freeze in less than 48 hours.
7.Read more ›
The whole board runs cool, thanks to the heatsinks everywhere, and is really well designed. Ports go to the right places, and are easy to access. The BIOS is easy to understand, and manipulate. The support is amazing, MSI steps up to the plate with their products.
There's not much else to say about it that isn't in the product description, but the form, function, and ease of use are flawless on this motherboard.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used. User damaged the usb 3.0 pins fairly severely, i was however capable of straightening them back out, but they will not survive another disconnect.Published 7 months ago by Robert Johnson
I purchased 3 of these ... 2 still work .. one is now dead and will not post ... dead as a doorknob.. I cant return it as I guess it is only a 30 day warranty.. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Donnie
super tough and easy to work with. a great motherboard that wont disappoint you.Published 17 months ago by Wyped
Sweet am3+ mobo at a great price. The bios screens and windows control utils are first rate, especially the overclocking.Published 19 months ago by John Peterson
Had the v1 of this board but it burnt out. Was really happy with it though so i bought it again.Published 19 months ago by scott erhart