|Screen Size||18.5 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||1.5 hertz Intel Core 2 Solo|
|RAM||4 GB SO-DIMM|
|Hard Drive||320 GB SATA|
|Graphics Coprocessor||ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3850|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||512 MB|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||3.5 hours|
MSI X600-031US Slim 15.6-Inch Laptop - Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Unlimited phone and online remote tech support; 24x7x365
- Support for up to 3 devices in your home
- Support available for Mac or PCs
- Covers broad range of topics and issues
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1.4GHz Penryn SFF C2S ULV SU3500 Processor, Chipset GS45+ICH9M-SFF
- 4G 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM RAM (2GB*2)
- 320GB SATA Hard Drive, External DVD Drive Included
- Windows Vista Home Premium, 6 Cell Battery
- 15.6" WXGA 16:9; LCD Resolution 1366x768, VGA ATI HD 4330, V-RAM 512 MB
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
The funk comes with the touchpad and click bar. And the scroll buttons. Other odd keyboard anomalies. But with a small wireless mouse and some getting used to the layout, it's going to be fine. (But really, the mouse and click bar thing really sucks.)
Overall I'm really happy not lugging my big heavy short-battery-life-with-a-list-of-things-that-just-stopped-working-HP 6100 series laptop around. This machine is a refreshing change in weight and function. (So many HP computers out there for so little money, but I won't ever buy another one. What a piece...)
The included external optical drive didn't work right out of the box, but I found the MSI tech support in L.A. to be efficient and quick with the RMA.
Enter the MSI x600.
While I had not really heard of this brand outside of the motherboard realm I performed my due diligence. The terrific options, reasonable price, and super portability allow me to comfortably perform ALL of the above tasks and then some. This feat would not be possible at all on any netbook. And the powerful desktop replacements would not be practical since I would need to live under a bridge in order to afford one.
The x600 is not all wine and roses however, in that there are odd quirks that still baffle me after six months of blissful Human/ Computer compatibility.
1. The oddly placed delete key (Where's Waldo). Why is it mixed in with the others? It is used so often that it should be on a corner of the board for easy access.
2. There are two "pipe" keys for some reason. One of which takes away precious real estate from the space bar.
3.Read more ›
Cons: mouse button, flimsy keyboard, no connections in rear, slow hard drive, overall quality.
The MSI X600 laptop is an nice laptop for the price and is loaded with everything you need for home or office use. The laptop is SLIM (just under 1"), weighs about 5LBS and looks slick. Although it does not have an internal DVD drive, MSI includes an external writable drive. For me, this works out perfect as I rarely use the drive and having an external one extends my battery life. The 320GB hard drive is decently sized.
The build quality, however, is under par compared to other laptops. It feels flimsy and the whole unit flexes if the screen is up and it is held on a corner with one hand. The touchpad uses a single plastic piece for buttons, which is awkward. The keyboard flexes slightly when typing and and is noticeable when viewed at certain angles.
Lastly, there is a "Warranty Sticker Void if tampered" sticker on the only access cover on the bottom of the laptop. This eliminates any possibility of upgrading RAM or hard drive without voiding the warranty.
If it weren't for the issues mentioned above, this laptop would have gotten 5-stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This laptop has been great but the battery does go bad and it is impossible to find a reasonable replacement for it. Will probably just replace with the latest and greatest.Published 22 months ago by munchy
1: Big Enough Display.
2: Thin and light.
3: Long Charger Cord.
4: Very Beautiful Design. Read more
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.