MSR Reactor Stove System
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Integrated System: State-of-the-art stove and high-efficiency cookware are combined into a compact, self-contained and easy-to-use system.
- Unrivaled Boil Time: Outperforms the competition in head-to-head lab tests—boiling .5 liter of water in just 1.5 minutes—with an even greater advantage out in the real world.
- Unmatched Wind Protection: Heat exchanger completely encloses radiant burner head, virtually eliminating the effects of wind to maintain outstanding boil times and save fuel.
- Maximum Efficiency: Patent-pending radiant burner, heat exchanger and internal pressure regulator produce best-in-class, fuel-sipping efficiency in all conditions.
- Compact: All systems are self-contained, fitting the stove and fuel inside the pot. (1.0L Reactor System nests optimally with our new, smaller-diameter 4 oz. canisters, which are sold separately.). Made in the USA
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Not only is the Reactor Stove System the fastest and most fuel efficient stove ever made, it’s the only one that delivers that level of performance in the cold and wind of the real world. Burn less fuel, carry less fuel, and move faster than with any other stove available. And with MSR’s proven quality and durability, you can be assured of that performance to pull you through when you need it most.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have used many different backpacking stoves over the years and the Reactor is by far the best. I often go on extended backpacking trips and need to keep my weight down as much as I can. The Reactor enables me to do precisely do that.
Because the Reactor uses a catalytic element for its heat source, it can double as a heater or hand warmer. It puts out much more heat than conventional stoves that produce a flame. The cooking pot has a built in heat exchanger. I attribute the efficiency of this cooking system to the coupling of the design of the pot with the heating element of the stove. Also, the design of the Reactor allows it to be used in very windy conditions.
I would recommend the MSR Reactor to anyone wishing to cutdown on cooking time as well as weight on their trips. As far as I'm concerned, it is far superior to the JetBoil in speed, weight and efficiency.
I use mine to boil water to reconstitute dehydrated food for a family of four people. I typically only boil 1 liter of water, but the extra capacity is useful and will be used more as my children grow to eat more in a meal. I understand the 1 liter size does not pack as well as this 1.7L.
MSR really got this right.
We used it on a winter backpacking trip too recently, and it did well, but we had to keep the canister warm for maximum efficiency. I actually put a hand warmer under the canister to keep the fuel mixed. Some people recommend putting the canister in a pan of warm water. It's very fast at melting snow and it's very quiet which is great.
You won't be disappointed....
Most recent customer reviews
The 1L is harder to pack but possible.Read more
But I suspect it would be republish product. wire in reactor was black color (it showed some one ligted up already).Read more