Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $29.50 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
MSR Elixir 2-Person Tent
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 20-denier nylon micromesh / 40-denier ripstop nylon
- Made in USA
- Unique pole geometry optimizes headroom and fits two mats; adaptable rainfly allows for excellent views.
- Fast & Light Setup: Includes an MSR Elixir Footprint that allows for a lightweight Fast & Light setup with rainfly.
- Easy Setup: Freestanding system features color-coded poles, clips and webbing for fast and easy setup.
- Mesh and solid fabric panels offer ventilation, warmth and privacy
- Minimum weight is just 2.10 kg (4 lb. 10 oz.), or set up in Fast & Light mode for 1.61 kg (3 lb. 9 oz.) /Imported
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Item Dimensions||40 x 50 x 84 inches|
|Item Display Weight||2,660 grams|
|Maximum Height||40 inches|
FEATURES of the MSR Elixir 2-Person Tent MSR Footprint included Unique pole geometry creates optimizes headroom Star-patterned skylight allows for excellent views Two large, easy-entry StayDry doors and vestibules Light gray rainfly color (neutral light) Dual rainfly vents for cross ventilation Mesh and solid canopy fabric for venting, warmth and privacy Color-coded poles, clips and webbing for easy setup Waterproof, taped-seam rainfly and bathtub-style floor Lightweight guy-outs Bar tack reinforced stress points Multiple pockets for easy organization
Color: Red | Size: One Size
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
My only gripe with this tent would be the stakes. Comes with standard aluminum annodized sheppard hooks. Not a big deal, I picked up some groundhogs and you're good to go in windier conditions. I also added MSR's universal gear loft which fits just fine inside packed.
Overall materials and build quality is top notch!
Been backpacking twice with this both during thunderstorms and I have to say it's a great tent. No issues with leaking and held up in fairly strong winds with the groundhog stakes. One other thing I replaced with this was the bag it actually came in. It's probably two times as large as it needs to be. I am using an Osprey 12L dry sack which is the perfect size to get this nicely compressed. Also if your tent is wet and you have no option but to pack it away the dry sack will keep other things from getting wet. The poles obviously do not fit in the 12L sack but are easily stored separately in my backpack.
1) It is very well made. Material thickness, stitching, design, etc... I love the pivoting pieces that join the aluminum poles together. They offer added strength once pitched, and they also make it easier to pitch. I love the buckles to attack the rain fly to the tent.
2) I'm a bigger guy - 6'1" and 220 lbs. I went with a 2-person tent as to not be crammed in, and there's ample room for myself and all of my gear inside. This is a perfect size for one larger person, in my opinion.
3) The Amazon description is a bit misleading in parts. With all included components, this test is 5 lbs 13 oz. Amazon only offers a "minimum weight", which I assume is less the footprint. I imagine most people will use and carry around the footprint, therefore this would be the more appropriate weight to advertise. At almost 6 lbs, I may have no purchased this one and went with a lighter one, but in reality, it doesn't seem that heavy while carrying it - so I'm ok with it. Also, the image here shows a white or white-ish rain fly. Not that it's a big deal, but it is definitely gray. I was hoping for white to let more light in - not a big deal though.
4) The rain flay attaches very tightly and when taught, it does not contact the inner tent material. This is an excellent design and will surely keep me dry. As well, the 1500mm rain flay feels very impressive. It looks and feels more impervious to rain water than any other tent I've owned.
Beware of the buckles that attach the rain fly to the inner tent! They are small and plastic and can break easily if you tighten the fly too hard. MSR needs to make these buckles more durable.
Overall a good tent that offers the livability and versatility of the hubba hubba, but for way less money.