MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-Person Lightweight Backpacking Tent
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 20-denier ripstop nylon / 15-denier nylon mesh
- Lightweight livability in a 2-person, 3-season freestanding backpacking and camping tent that packs down small for backcountry adventures
- Pole geometry maximizes space with 29 sq. feet of floor area, interior peak height of 39 inches, plus 17.5 sq. feet of vestibule area
- Complete setup weighs 3.8 lbs. and packs down to 18x6 inches; minimalist setup option uses footprint, poles, and rainfly and weighs 3.1 lbs.
- Tent body has two doors, mesh panels for breathability, and solid panels for warmth and privacy; rollup rainfly for stargazer view
- Includes tent, one unified hub-and-pole system, rainfly, stakes, and guy lines; footprint sold separately; manufacturer’s 2-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-Person Lightweight Backpacking Tent is the quintessential 3-season backpacking tent. Easy to carry, quick to setup, and roomy enough for hanging out, it lives at the intersection of lightweight and livable. The freestanding design features pole geometry and a non-tapered floor that maximizes space with 29 square feet of floor area, and a peak interior height of 39 inches. Two generous vestibules provide an additional 8.75 square feet on each side of the 2-door tent (total 17.5 square feet) for boots, packs, and gear storage. The adjustable, cross-ventilating rainfly features a kickstand vent, and rollup vestibule for stargazing. Setting up camp is a snap, thanks to the unified hub-and-pole system, and color-coded clips. The ultra-compact compression stuff stack packs the tent down to 18 x 6 inches for easy carry to the next site. For fast and light travel, the body of the tent can be left behind, and a minimalist shelter constructed using a footprint (sold separately), poles, and rainfly. Ideal for spring, summer, and fall adventures, the tent features a combination of mesh and solid panels, for breathability and privacy. Durable, yet lightweight, the tent is constructed of a coated nylon floor, ripstop nylon and mesh body, coated nylon rainfly, and aluminum poles. Complete setup weighs 3.8 pounds, minimum setup weight 3.1 pounds. Includes tent, poles, rainfly, stakes, guy lines, and compression stuff sack. Manufacturer’s 3-year limited warranty.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Something to note: the poles are straight before you put it up the first time. But after that the poles will slightly keep their bend. This is normal and verified via MSR. They will replace if there is a significant issue with the poles bending though as they always stand behind their products.
Set up is quick and easy for one person. I bought the two person size to accommodate my wife on future trips. But even this size is suitably light for a single person trip. I have also used the tent on overnight canoe trips in humid south Mississippi. Even set in wet sand next to a river, there's never a drop of moisture in the tent. The venting and airflow are just that good.
The free standing nature of the tent also lends itself to living room 'camping' with the kids, if you so choose to trust them in your nice tent. My wife and I will be taking this one to Colorado next month and I expect nothing but flawless performance again. We are considering the gear shed to go along with it.
Prior to the above mentioned Teton trip, my buddy and I set up tents together to test. He returned his $700 tent after watching me work with the Hubba Hubba. I really don't think there's a better tent for the money.
1) It's light and very compact. The compression bag is a great addition.
2) The freestanding unified pole system is light, strong, and takes seconds to configure.
3) The ventilation is awesome which will reduce or even eliminate condensation.
4) With our without the MSR Hubba Hubba NX-2 footprint (not included), the assembly of the tent is intuitive and easy with only one person.
6) It's very spacious for one person and will fit two average size people with no problem. Don't expect to put two NFL linebackers in this thing.
7) I spent ~6 months researching new tents and I kept returning to this tent due to the best bang for the buck. At approximately three hundred dollars, this tent is a great buy.
NOTE: The tent included stakes but they were basic and not as aggressive as the MSR Groundhog stakes. Again, the tent did not include the MSR Groundhog or Mini-Groundhog stakes.
My Overall rating: Stars 5+ (I was not paid for this review.)
Most recent customer reviews
I am in Hawaii, near the jungle and it has been torrentially downpouring for over a week. All my fellow campers are having major issues.Read more