Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 29, 2011
I wouldn't travel without it.
Do yourself a favor and get the XL, it's really not that big and it packs up very small. With the XL you can wear it around your waist (if you're skinny), and it's big enough to lie down on. The button loop is a good feature you can hang it up almost anywhere. It takes a couple hours to dry maybe, depending on how wet it is and the drying conditions but its quick enough, if its not completely dry, just put it in the mesh pack and hang it on the outside of your pack until your next destination.

I left it somewhere while traveling and traveled for 4 more weeks without it. Had to air-dry and borrow towels from people it was a hassle. Ended up going back to where i left it just to get it back!

The only thing you might consider is that I've read that the fabric isn't the most absorbent. The most absorbent towel is the PackTowl Original. The ultralight uses a different fabric mixture, which also maxes it softer and hence more popular.

Edit: In addition to travel use I've used this towel instead of a regular bathroom towel in my house for over a year now and it's still going strong.
on January 7, 2012
I must admit, as I set out on my Appalachian Trail hike, I had never used a packtowel, of any sort/brand. This one was the first and only I had ever used. I can tell you is this: had it not been for this towel, I don't know if I would have survived the trail. Anyone's who has ever begun at Springer Mountain in March, determined to hike the trail, and who goes for at least six consecutive weeks, knows that rain is your constant companion--day and night. Though I had purchased one of the best and most technologically advanced, ultralight tents on the market, technology is no match for mother nature. Day and night--water, water, everywhere. Had I not had this towel, to mop up the water that found its way into my tent on at least a dozen very cold nights, my down sleeping bag would have been soaked and I would have, undoubtedly, been the victim of hypothermia. Of all the equipment that accompanied me on the trail, this towel, ounce-for-ounce, may have been the most valuable piece of equipment in (or sometimes, on) my pack. It dried relatively quickly and even continued to soak up water very well, even when wet, after a good wringing. I cannot tell you that it is the best packtowel on the market, because I haven't used any of the others. What I can tell you is this: I am never going backpacking without it.
4 people found this helpful
on July 12, 2010
I picked this towel up in the Green XL size and it definitely held up for my thru-hiking trip. The towel is not only very absorbent but also incredibly lightweight. Others in my hiking party had bulkier "light" towels that shed all the time, this MSR towel stayed intact and held up very well. My only complaint about the towel was the size, it was way too big for a backpacking trip. In the future I would probably get the Medium or Large size. Otherwise a great towel!
5 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2007
I have used this product now as a self supported bicycle rider for two years. I am pleased with the product. It's not real soft and fluffy like a thick towel but does a great job in absorbing water after a shower or stream bath and dries fast. It's as practical as can be for what I got it for! It also is very compact and light in the pack. The one piece of advice I have is to not get a smaller version but go with the larger size. The additional weight and bulk in nothing and having the additional towel surface is worth it.
34 people found this helpful
on August 10, 2011
If you need a compact, super-absorbant towel for any reason at all, you need one of these towels. It comes in a great pouch that it can fit into relatively easily and certainly won't take up much space (you could probably fit it in your back pocket even). It also is incredibly absorbent so it would be perfect if you go camping or need a quick solution to dry off if you catch yourself in a sudden rain. Couldn't be happier with this towel.
One person found this helpful
on August 19, 2013
I travel alot for the military and there are not always accomodations with towels. This hides in my back-pack and is very handy when I have to make an unexpected overnight stay. I just rinsed it off when I was done, air dried it and have never noticed any odor. It did take most of the moisture off of my body and I was (barely) able to wrap it around my waist.
on April 30, 2013
My son uses this for his swimming shammy, and it sees use around twice a week. It absorbs water well, and is comfortable to use. This one has worn out and become ragged far faster than another brand (don't know which one, sorry) that my other son uses. For that, I only give it three stars. Otherwise it works well.
on August 13, 2015
I love this towel! Took it on a few vacations and it's simply the best to travel with. It's large but packs up small and absorbs whatever you throw at it.
on August 10, 2010
I bought one of these towels for my husband to try on his boat. He loves it! He says it is more absorbent than a regular towel, dries in 15 minutes, and, of course, takes up much less space to store. I'm planning on buying a couple more of these for him.
One person found this helpful
on December 14, 2014
Nice lightweight and compact for backpacking trips. It will dry our quickly in summer days.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.