Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
MSR Quick Skillet
|Price:||$29.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Constructed of nonstick Duralite DX aluminum
- Sized to nest with our Quick 2, Base 2, and Alpinist 2 Systems and Pot Series
- Includes Talon pot handle.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Package Height||2.3 x 7.5 x 8.2 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.55 pounds|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
Top Customer Reviews
- Very light, but not titanium. Titanium isn't a great idea for a skillet because it transfers heat a little too well. You will get serious hot spots. This helps spread the heat a bit better.
- Handle is detachable.
- Deep enough to boil enough water for things like instant potatoes, for one person. You don't have to carry a pot if you want to cut back on weight.
- Non-stick works a treat. Get yourself a silicone scraper or cut the head off a spatula.
- Pretty much have to accept that anything this thin and light WILL have hot spots, especially on an alcohol stove where there is central point of heat. I've tried it over an alcohol burner making grilled cheese. As long as you keep rotating it and moving it about, you'll be fine. A move even heat source would be better.
- The handle assembly feels a little flimsy, with some plastic parts. I would be careful working over open flame.
- Non stick means you have to regulate heat more carefully. An uncoated pan can take a lot more heat without damage.
I'm really happy with this and just wish the handle felt a little sturdier or was an all metal mechanism. But the price is right, it's light, and makes cleanup easier. If you want a pan, would recommend.
After many uses I have the Pros and cons.
Pros-- Nice wide base and high walls keep food even and from falling out.
Pros-- balanced and can be left along for short periods of time without falling over due to handle weight
Pros-- Nests perfectly underneath the MSR Quick 2 System and other products.
Pros-- Has durable None stick coating that prevents food from sticking to it. (no butter needed but I prefer butter)"yum"
Pros-- Made of lightweight aluminum so it doesn't weigh much.
Cons-- end of handle close to the skillet gets extremely hot and retains heat longer than the skillet body.
Cons-- Aluminum body is very thin so keep your food moving as you will get hot spots.
Cons-- If not paying attention to hotspots you will discolor the bottom of the skillet.
We bring it along with our MSR Quick 2 on every trip.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If they have titanium version, I will definitely buy it againPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
great product and it rest with other msr mess kits so doesn't take up any extra roomPublished 5 months ago by cory
I'm an ultralight backpacker who takes fresh food and likes to cook good meals on trips. This skillet has been very nice and weighs less than my smaller aluminium pots (my titanium... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Gabriel J Schuyler
This pan is lightweight and nests outside msr 2 qt pots perfectly. The nonstick coating works well but is visibly flaking off after just a few uses.Published 7 months ago by Shane S. Shin
Love the non-stick surface! Used it to scramble eggs on my pocket rocket. It would not stay balanced on the pocket rocket with the handle on the skillet.Published 10 months ago by A. Arnold
this a great addition to my MSR Quick 2 System cook set. nests in just fine.. wished I had room for the second handle within the nest of stuff but no big deal to just throw it into... Read morePublished 12 months ago by michael esguerra