MSR Sweetwater Purifier System
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Iodine-free Inactivates viruses without bad-tasting iodine.
- Easy to Use Lever-action pump handle has a 4-to-1 mechanical advantage and dual pump action, so you don't have to work as hard.
- Dependable Inactivates 99.99% of waterborne viruses; eliminates over 99.9999% of all waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of common protozoan parasites, such as giardia and cryptosporidia, as well as particulates, bad tastes, and odors.
- Lifetime warranty
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Get added viral protection in popular wilderness areas and developing countries with this combination purifier system. The SweetWater® Microfilter removes waterborne bacteria and protozoan parasites, and the chlorine-based SweetWater® Purifier Solution effectively inactivates viruses. This system meets U.S. EPA requirements for microbiological water purifiers.
Clean, safe drinking water is probably the most crucial component of a successful backcountry trip, and the MSR Sweetwater Purifier System offers just that, with added viral protection that's critical in popular wilderness areas and developing countries. It removes waterborne bacteria and protozoa, particulate, taste, and odors, while the chlorine-based SweetWater Purifier Solution effectively inactivates viruses. The system pumps easily with a four-to-one mechanical advantage, producing one liter per minute, and can easily be cleaned in the field without tools to restore flow rates.
- Comprehensive Protection: Inactivates 99.99% of waterborne viruses, eliminates over 99.9999% of all waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of common protozoan parasites, such as giardia and cryptosporidia, as well as particulates
- Fresh-tasting Water: Activated carbon core helps eliminate taste and odors
- Iodine-free: Inactivates viruses without bad-tasting iodine
- Easy-to-use: Lever-action pump handle has a four-to-one mechanical advantage and dual pump action, so you don't have to work as hard
- Lightweight: Entire system weighs just 14 ounces
- Compact: Handle folds flat when not in use for easy packing and storage
- Winner of a 2009 "Best of the Best Editors' Choice Award" from Women's Adventure Magazine for ease-of-use and offering "extra protection and peace of mind"
- System meets U.S. EPA requirements for microbiological water purifiers
- 0.2-micron silica depth filter with sodium hypochlorite
- Effective against protozoa, bacteria, viruses, particulate, and chemicals/toxins
- One liter per minute flow
- 75-strokes per liter
- 750-liter cartridge life
- Field cleanable
- Includes water bottle adapter and cartridge replacement indicator
- 14-ounce weight
- Measures two by 7.5 inches (W x H)
MSR products are made in Seattle, Washington, and include a limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
MSR is part of a company named Cascade Designs, started by three friends and former Boeing engineers -- Jim Lea, Neil Anderson, and John Burroughs -- who were laid off from the aeronautics giant in 1971. Outdoor enthusiasts looking for the next great gear idea, they went on to design the world's first self-inflating mattress, the Therm-A-Rest. Today, Cascade Designs remains a private, family-owned company that has grown to be one of the most respected outdoor manufacturers in the world.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Be sure to read and follow the very helpful directions before first using the system. It has important setup, use, and maintenance tips that are not intuitive or obvious by looking at the pump.
One thing that we added to the kit was a pack of coffee filters and a rubber-band to put over the intake hose to keep additional fine particles out of the pump and to improve the internal filter's lifespan.
We are seriously considering getting a second SweetWater Purifier, and additional spare MSR SweetWater Filter Cartridge, for emergency use in our mountain top house since we do get snowed in a lot and have lost power for days at a time. As I tell my kids having emergency equipment and not needing it is far better than not having emergency equipment and really needing it.
The instructions included some practical tips such as 1) don't attach the translucent, outgoing tube when you use for the first time because the charcoal-colored water that comes out initially can stain it; 2) if you drop the filter, the water may come out charcoal colored so be sure to clear; 3) pump with the safety valve facing away from you or you may get wet; 4) don't overclean the filter or you'll wear out unnecessarily; and 5) the filter may take on the texture of 'lizard skin'--not to worry, this is normal (didn't know what that meant until I saw it, and yes, that would have concerned me!) Gives you confidence that the manufacturers has YOU in mind.
This is my 3rd Sweetwater, and the only one I will ever use. We are very experienced campers/hikers and we do not use just any junk when we go. We only use the best gear. This is a must to have for anyones arsenal when it comes to camping, hiking, climbing, trekking etc. Even if your just going out for a so called "short hike", toss this in your backpack, because you never know when something might happen and you may need to be out there longer than you thought. Water is #1 and Sweetwater will get you that.